jj2013

Difficult RFE Situation at CR-1 Interview (Please help)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello I am in need of percise help for my diffcult situation. Not sure how to proceed, please help if you have experienced similar problem or knows proper solution to my problem.

NVC just issued Sept 27th interview date for my wife CR-1 visa to local US consulate / Embassy in Pakistan. In check list they have mentioned all docs are OK however they listed A (obtain the original document ) next to my wife's birth certificate requirement.

My problem is that my wife was born in Saudi Arabia, when her father was on posted in PIA position in Saudia Arabia. Then later she moved back to Pakistan 2 months after her birth, she is now Pakistani national, at the time of NVC processing when they requested original birth certificate I did sent original hopistal issued birth certificate however it was not accepted as a original document and now they want to get offical birth certificate from Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs. I have looked on the Saudi site, there is a process out there for foreign national birth certificate however they do ask for many things including original hospital issued birth certificate. But that certificate is with NVC and may go to the US counslate, I called NVC and asked them if there is a way I can get that document back and they have not yet provided me any conclusive answer like if I can get back, all they said try US counslate later when we transfers these items to them, no other information was provided.

I am bit worried if they loose this document or if they don't give me back this document or if saudi foreign affair does not issue me a needed birth certificate what will happen next , what would be a way to come out of this strange situation, when I asked NVC they don't have any answer for me, just said then you might have to get letter indicating that this document is not obtainable however they also said it is not true in my situation because it is obtainable for my wife as she is borth after 1968.

Can someone help me please I am very concerned here

Edited by jj2013

Hello I am in need of percise help for my diffcult situation. Not sure how to proceed, please help if you have experienced similar problem or knows proper solution to my problem.

NVC just issued Sept 27th interview date for my wife CR-1 visa to local US consulate / Embassy in Pakistan. In check list they have mentioned all docs are OK however they listed A (obtain the original document ) next to my wife's birth certificate requirement.

My problem is that my wife was born in Saudi Arabia, when her father was on posted in PIA position in Saudia Arabia. Then later she moved back to Pakistan 2 months after her birth, she is now Pakistani national, at the time of NVC processing when they requested original birth certificate I did sent original hopistal issued birth certificate however it was not accepted as a original document and now they want to get offical birth certificate from Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs. I have looked on the Saudi site, there is a process out there for foreign national birth certificate however they do ask for many things including original hospital issued birth certificate. But that certificate is with NVC and may go to the US counslate, I called NVC and asked them if there is a way I can get that document back and they have not yet provided me any conclusive answer like if I can get back, all they said try US counslate later when we transfers these items to them, no other information was provided.

I am bit worried if they loose this document or if they don't give me back this document or if saudi foreign affair does not issue me a needed birth certificate what will happen next , what would be a way to come out of this strange situation, when I asked NVC they don't have any answer for me, just said then you might have to get letter indicating that this document is not obtainable however they also said it is not true in my situation because it is obtainable for my wife as she is borth after 1968.

Can someone help me please I am very concerned here

Huge Mistake..for delays in visa issuance...all you needed is a Pakistani Birth Certificate regardless of the fact she was born in Saudi..for PK birth certificates all you need is her mom n dads pk id card copies...all know that Saudi dont neutralize anyone for their citizenship. She has PK passport? and a PK id card? if yes all you gotta do is to provide an explanation letter with PK birth certificate..let me know if you need more info

Timeline

Huge Mistake..for delays in visa issuance...all you needed is a Pakistani Birth Certificate regardless of the fact she was born in Saudi..for PK birth certificates all you need is her mom n dads pk id card copies...all know that Saudi dont neutralize anyone for their citizenship. She has PK passport? and a PK id card? if yes all you gotta do is to provide an explanation letter with PK birth certificate..let me know if you need more info

Yes she has Pakistani passport and Pakistani ID card (in card NADRA written my name as husband)

Problem is in I-130 and DS230 and related application has her birth location listed as KSA. If I listed Pakistan it become false info and can be subject to rejcted.

Let me know if you can help any further

Yes she has Pakistani passport and Pakistani ID card (in card NADRA written my name as husband)

Problem is in I-130 and DS230 and related application has her birth location listed as KSA. If I listed Pakistan it become false info and can be subject to rejcted.

Let me know if you can help any further

Dont change anything on ds230 keep it as is..so you are saying they havnt accepted birth certifi from Saudi right? so i think all you gotta do is to provide them an additional explanation letter saying even though the original hospital certificate is from saudi but KSA rule doesnt allow an expat to becaome thier citizenship therefore by nationality as per her parents nationality from PK shes PK national wrigth sumthng like this..but shes pk national there fore she has a NADRA issued offical birth certificate from PK ..now shes gona go thru a round of AP for sure just a name check n finger prints check migth end in 6 months time hopefully. Also contact NADRA i think they have some sort of NOC that even though birth is from saudi but shes now PK national with a PK birth registration..

for example my son is US national and born..now i have registered his birth here from NADRA AS WELL AND GOT A birth registration letter from them..

dont make it complex for them just provide them simple explanation in simple words with confidence..

Timeline

Dont change anything on ds230 keep it as is..so you are saying they havnt accepted birth certifi from Saudi right? so i think all you gotta do is to provide them an additional explanation letter saying even though the original hospital certificate is from saudi but KSA rule doesnt allow an expat to becaome thier citizenship therefore by nationality as per her parents nationality from PK shes PK national wrigth sumthng like this..but shes pk national there fore she has a NADRA issued offical birth certificate from PK ..now shes gona go thru a round of AP for sure just a name check n finger prints check migth end in 6 months time hopefully. Also contact NADRA i think they have some sort of NOC that even though birth is from saudi but shes now PK national with a PK birth registration..

for example my son is US national and born..now i have registered his birth here from NADRA AS WELL AND GOT A birth registration letter from them..

dont make it complex for them just provide them simple explanation in simple words with confidence..

Good information friend, I will try what you suggested however NVC keep isnisting me try to get original birth certificate from KSA. Check this out KSA foreign affairs have a procedure for non saudi nationals birth certifcates process. ( Also when you said you might end in 6 months time, I am bit lost there, what is that mean, will this delay my case ?? )

http://www.moi.gov.sa/wps/portal/civilaffairs/!ut/p/b1/xZA7D8IwDIR_EbLTBFSP6SNJB1pFqYBmQR0qVKmPBfH7aUUZCWx4s_Sd787goYm5wJg4EVzAT-2jv7X3fp7aYd394arLk-PacKbLJMPCUiriyqHm0QI0C5Ag5pQwiUgrYFRtIyc45vibHj-MDOtr9l_9kv8MPmwhNgCr6Jgxm0qF1ohsT-ZtsgGhH74uBEJ-q1maeezAdROMflBKUdEXO_kEpxQxDA!!/dl4/d5/L0lDU0lKSWdrbUEhIS9JRFJBQUlpQ2dBek15cXchLzRKQ2lEb01OdEJqdEJIZmxDRUEhL1o3X0dOVlMzR0gzMUdOQkQwSVE5QzQ4T1MwR0IxLzA!/?WCM_PORTLET=PC_Z7_GNVS3GH31GNBD0IQ9C48OS0GB1025245_WCM&WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/wps/wcm/connect/Civil+Affairs/Civil+Affairs/Services+1/

Non-Saudis requirements for obtaining Birth Certificate:

1. Original Birth Report by the relevant hospital.

2. Parents' original passports and a copy of each.

3. Parents' original Residence Permits and a copy of each.

4. All documents provided must be valid.

5. The specified # (87)-application form duly filled.

A provisional Birth Certificate valid for one year will be issued for the newborn. The original Birth Certificate is issued after a year having required medical vaccinations are completed

Edited by jj2013

• 5 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but posting here to help in case anyone else is in a similar situation:

Births outside of Pakistan are registered by filling out FORM S "Application for Registration of Birth of a Child of a Citizen of Pakistan Born in a Country Outside Pakistan".  This is similar to the US "Counselor Report of Birth Abroad".  For those stationed in the Middle East (where birthright citizenship is non-existent), registering births with this form should be standard procedure.  

In this thread, the OP's wife was born in Pakistan, so she most likely has a FORM S or equivalent document from the Consulate or Embassy of Pakistan in Saudi Arabia.  

As mentioned in the initial post, it may also be possible to obtain a letter or certificate of non-existence of birth record.  Since the birth obviously occurred outside of Pakistan, it should not be too difficult to obtain such a letter from the relevant civil authority.  

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.