MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello. quick questions the forms: DS-157 DS-156K DS-230 (PART I), are to be filled by petitioner or beneficiary??

Beneficiary, she is the one applying for the visa.

Even though I did "help" my fiancée complete the forms.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

USEM does not send a packet, and YOU schedule the interview online or by calling

Its serious rock 'n' roll time!!

Click the link in my signature below this post.

For you and your dad (co-sponsor) complete the I-134 and I suggest completing the I-864 also as Manila is difficult with co-sponsors.

hey hank for the i-864 do me and my father complete one? and also my father would be the 1st joint sponsor?

event.png

interview: Sept.10th

Timeline

Yes I suggest you both complete the I-864 (and I bet the embassy takes those over the I-134, but the I-134 is listed as required so bring it anyway)

You are the sponsor and your dad is the co-sponsor.

Are you using more than one co-sponsor?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hello just want to know, does the US Embassy really ask for I-129F? Just really want to make sure about this because my fiance (petitioner) wasn't able to photocopy the receipt of my ring, he didn't fill our the cover letter of I-129F, he didn't give me a copy of his passport or live birth. Is this going to be a big problem?

AOS

02/28/2014 I-485 & I-765 Package sent

03/04/2014 Package received at the USCIS (NOA I-797C)

03/07/2014 Notice date (NOA I-797)

03/09/2014 Text and Email received from USCIS

03/11/2014 NOA for I-485 and I-765 hard copy received<p>

03/17/2014 Biometrics Appointment for 04/04/2014

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/04/2014 EAD card on hand

06/05/2014 NPIWC

11/24/2014 WELCOME Notice

11/28/2014 Green Card Received! :dancing::)

Timeline

Hello just want to know, does the US Embassy really ask for I-129F? Just really want to make sure about this because my fiance (petitioner) wasn't able to photocopy the receipt of my ring, he didn't fill our the cover letter of I-129F, he didn't give me a copy of his passport or live birth. Is this going to be a big problem?

NO! Embassy will not ask for a copy of the I-129F, they have the original petition already.

Follow the embassy instructions letter... exactly.

You will need a copy of your fiancé BIO page from his passport for CFO, along with a copy of his birth certificate. Info on CFO is in my link below. Have your fiancé email copies of these things.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

NO! Embassy will not ask for a copy of the I-129F, they have the original petition already.

Follow the embassy instructions letter... exactly.

You will need a copy of your fiancé BIO page from his passport for CFO, along with a copy of his birth certificate. Info on CFO is in my link below. Have your fiancé email copies of these things.

I have read the step by step K1 guide here on visajourney, in number 2 it says "Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy" and number 3 "Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F)."

Honestly I am so confused of what I am really going to do since my fiance wasn't able to photocopy the receipt of my ring and the few letters i've sent as a bday greetings for him. Then, he didn't gave me a I-129F cover letter and a complete copy of intent to marry(with his signature), which according to what I have read is important and will be needed for the interview. And in the cover letter there are contents there like birth certificate/passport of the petitioner. Should I really need to ask all of these from him? Should I ask him to send it through mail?

Hank_ I truly appreciate your effort of answering my question and queries. So kind of you, really. Thank you very much!

AOS

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/05/2014 NPIWC

Timeline

I have read the step by step K1 guide here on visajourney, in number 2 it says "Send all originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129F to your fiance(e) for their interview at the embassy" and number 3 "Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F)."

Honestly I am so confused of what I am really going to do since my fiance wasn't able to photocopy the receipt of my ring and the few letters i've sent as a bday greetings for him. Then, he didn't gave me a I-129F cover letter and a complete copy of intent to marry(with his signature), which according to what I have read is important and will be needed for the interview. And in the cover letter there are contents there like birth certificate/passport of the petitioner. Should I really need to ask all of these from him? Should I ask him to send it through mail?

Hank_ I truly appreciate your effort of answering my question and queries. So kind of you, really. Thank you very much!

The guide on VJ stating to send a copy of the I-129F for the visa application at the embassy is sooooo full of "it" .... don't know why that is there.

What is needed for the Manila embassy interview is ALL listed in the embassy instructions letter. And the I-129F is not listed, nor is a copy of your fiancé's birth certificate or passport.

Like I mentioned before your fiancé's BC and BIO page of his passport are requested at CFO. And what CFO requests is listed in the link

For " proof documents" you can have him send copies through email, embassy does not ask for the originals.

I-134 needed to be original, with copies of tax return and W-2. Letter of Intent should be original from both of you.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The guide on VJ stating to send a copy of the I-129F for the visa application at the embassy is sooooo full of "it" .... don't know why that is there.

What is needed for the Manila embassy interview is ALL listed in the embassy instructions letter. And the I-129F is not listed, nor is a copy of your fiancé's birth certificate or passport.

Like I mentioned before your fiancé's BC and BIO page of his passport are requested at CFO. And what CFO requests is listed in the link

For " proof documents" you can have him send copies through email, embassy does not ask for the originals.

I-134 needed to be original, with copies of tax return and W-2. Letter of Intent should be original from both of you.

Oh, it is a little misleading then, I worry so much about it. Now I am relieve a little.

Thank you so much for the information and for answering my inquiries once again. Mabuhay ka!

God bless you more.:)

AOS

04/04/2014 Biometrics

06/05/2014 NPIWC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.