mel143

need help

6 posts in this topic

hello, I sent my n400 last May but up to now I don't receive interview schedule and my status is still initial review, and also I don't have a 10 yrs. green card because after I received a letter last march that my I-751 relocated in local field office here in hoholulu I don't received an interview notice but because I was eligible for naturalization I applied, I call uscis toll free number regarding my I-751 the lady told me to wait for the interview notice because the waiting time is 4-5 months. now the problem is my 1 year extension letter will expire on the 16th of august 2013, what I need to do? my I-751 interview is pending and n400 application is still initial review. please need help. thank you.

Sorry to read this. But, you are going to have to wait for "offiicial" notice/mail regarding the status of ur citizenship application/petition. Best of luck!

Sid

Sorry to read this. But, you are going to have to wait for "offiicial" notice/mail regarding the status of ur citizenship application/petition. Best of luck!

Sid

thank you, I'm worried because my 1 yr. extension expire in two week and I became out of status, but I have an info pass appointment on Wednesday.

Try to keep in mind, this process can and will be ver frustating at times. As long as your petition is in processing your, for lack of a better word, expiration date will be continued. Please be rest assued you will be still a LPR!

Best of luck!

Sid

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'd schedule an infopass and see if I could get another stamp in my passport. I had to do that when they got my DOB wrong on my 10 years card and had to send it back to be corrected. The stamp was my only proof of legal permanent residency for about 6 months.

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Get an infopass and go and tell them to stamp your passport with another extension. Take with you your passport, old green card and extension and you should be fine. In the mean while ask them about your interview letter because you didn't receive it and ask them why you didn't receive NO1 and biometrics for your N400. Good luck. Don't wait 4-5 months for the I751 interview letter, that's not normal buddy. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.