7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband and I received the RFE for our I-751 last week. I am the CPR and he is the USC. We were confident about our original I-751 package because it had lots of evidence, so this RFE makes us both very nervous...

Can someone take a look at what we had sent in I-751 and what we're planning on including in the RFE response and let us know if our response would be sufficient? We really don't want an interview as the recent financial pressure has really made us both very stressed out (my husband just lost his job...)

We know that we made a mistake in the original I-751 of not including the rental sublease agreement for our apartment. We think that is the reason for this RFE (as the RFE clearly focuses on RESIDENCE documents), but we're really not sure, so your advice would be really appreciated.

Here's the wording of the RFE:

IDENTITY DOCUMENT: Submit legible copies of the CPR and petitioning spouse's driver's licenses or identity cards from the appropriate state's motor vehicle department

EVIDENCE OF GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE

The CPR filed a form I-715 with our office. The CPR provided some evidence of marital bona fides. However, the documentation submitted is insufficient because it does not establish joint ownership of assets and liabilities covering the entire period of the marriage. The evidence also does not establish proof of a communal residence covering the entire period of the marriage. To establish eligibility for removal of conditional status, it is requested that additional documentation be submitted. This documentation should cover the period of time from the date of the marriage to the present date, or the date when marriage was terminated through divorce, separation, or death. Such examples may include, but are not limited to the following:

- Birth certificates: Submit a legible copy of the civilly registered birth certificate of any children born to the CPR and the USC spouse

- Residence: Submit evidence of communal residence. This documentation should reflect the names of both the CPR and their USC spouse. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following

* Copies of rental lease/agreements or mortgage agreements, deeds showing joint tenancy at a common residence signed by the conditional resident, the US spouse and the owners of the property (or the property manager)

* Copies of utility bills such as telephone, gas, electric, water, cable, Internet, etc. or other statements issued to both names indicating the residential address

* If applicable, submit copies of military Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) form for housing and/or DD Form 1172 for dependent military dependent cards

* Any other documents which show that the marriage was not entered into in order to circumvent US immigration laws

Hubby and I think it's weird that even though in the first paragraph under Evidence of Good Faith marriage, it says our evidence doesn't "establish joint ownership of assets and liabilities covering the entire period of the marriage" in the following items it doesn't list the Financial Documents at all. Does this look like a generic document that USCIS sends out to a number of I-751 apps?

Documents submitted in original I-751

- Copy of CPR green card

- Two affidavits

- Copy of the CPR life insurance policy and application showing the USC as sole beneficiary

- Copy of CPR emergency contact forms showing USC as the contact person

- Copy of AAA membership letters and cards

- Tax transcripts, refund checks and tax returns for 2010, 2011, and refund check and tax return from 2012 (when we sent the package we didn't include the 2012 tax transcript as we thought the refund check and the tax return for 2012 was enough evidence....)

- Copies of auto insurance policy showing both as insured drivers

- Monthly bank statements of joint checking account for 2 years showing joint names

- Phone bills for 2 years showing joint account

- Photos of both with family and friends

- Copies of greetings cards and letters addressed to both

Documents to be submitted in RFE

Learning from this RFE, we are going to be super organized and categorized the documents we're submitting in the categories that they asked for.

IDENTITY

- Copy of USC passport and driver license

- Copy of CPR green card and driver license

EVIDENCE OF GOOD FAITH

Residence

- Our pay stubs showing same residential address (all we could find in 2010, 2011 and 2012 so it shows the entire period of marriage)

- Copies of cell phone bills showing both names for the entire period of marriage

- Sublease agreements in 2010, 2011 and 2012 signed by both of us and my husband's mother who is the sublessor

- Copies of letters and envelopes addressed to both, or each of us, showing same address

- AAA membership cards showing both names

- Copies of W-2 forms showing same address and marital status -> should this be in Financial or Residence?

Financial

(even though this wasn't specifically asked for in the RFE, we thought we might as well include it again just in case.... Do you think this is necessary? as most documents we already submitted in the original I-751)

- Tax transcripts, refund checks and completed return forms for 2010, 2011 and 2012 (we just obtained the 2012 transcript) showing joint married filing

- Complete bank statements for the entire period of marriage (monthly) - yes our entire package is about 4 inches thick

- CPR life insurance showing USC as sole beneficiary

- Auto insurance documents for the entire period of marriage (every 6 months) showing both as the insured drivers

- Receipt of USC paying tuition from joint bank account for CPR

Affidavits

- 2 affidavits from USC mother and brother

- Copies of the 2 affidavits from friends that were already included in the original I-751

Others

- CPR emergency contact forms showing USC as the main contact

- Receipt of a gift husband bought for me

- About 20 photos of us with family and friends

Do you guys think this is enough evidence for USCIS? We really don't want to go to the interview and be questioned if our marriage is legit or not, as we are truly living together and a happy couple. We have enough trouble trying to make ends meet these days, so we appreciate one less thing to worry about... Do you think our response to this RFE is enough??

God bless...

I believe if you do a good package, with things more resent not have to worry, a question on which center is your case, and makes time sent your package

I mean how long you guys sent you packag?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My husband and I received the RFE for our I-751 last week. I am the CPR and he is the USC. We were confident about our original I-751 package because it had lots of evidence, so this RFE makes us both very nervous...

Can someone take a look at what we had sent in I-751 and what we're planning on including in the RFE response and let us know if our response would be sufficient? We really don't want an interview as the recent financial pressure has really made us both very stressed out (my husband just lost his job...)

Do you guys think this is enough evidence for USCIS? We really don't want to go to the interview and be questioned if our marriage is legit or not, as we are truly living together and a happy couple. We have enough trouble trying to make ends meet these days, so we appreciate one less thing to worry about... Do you think our response to this RFE is enough??

God bless...

Acurpo, it seems as if the first lot of documentation you sent to USCIS was a little light on proving that the two of you LIVE together and share financial "burdens". It's not hard for "roommates" to have joint utility bills, or even to put each other on life insurance policies. But to show that both of you have entered into a financial commitment for the place you live, you'd need a deed, or a rental lease, or real estate taxes.

I think your second lot should be sufficient - just be sure to specifically address the RFE with your information.

Sukie

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We know that we made a mistake in the original I-751 of not including the rental sublease agreement for our apartment. We think that is the reason for this RFE (as the RFE clearly focuses on RESIDENCE documents), but we're really not sure, so your advice would be really appreciated.

Here's the wording of the RFE:

IDENTITY DOCUMENT: Submit legible copies of the CPR and petitioning spouse's driver's licenses or identity cards from the appropriate state's motor vehicle department

EVIDENCE OF GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE

The CPR filed a form I-715 with our office. The CPR provided some evidence of marital bona fides. However, the documentation submitted is insufficient because it does not establish joint ownership of assets and liabilities covering the entire period of the marriage. The evidence also does not establish proof of a communal residence covering the entire period of the marriage. To establish eligibility for removal of conditional status, it is requested that additional documentation be submitted. This documentation should cover the period of time from the date of the marriage to the present date, or the date when marriage was terminated through divorce, separation, or death. Such examples may include, but are not limited to the following:

- Birth certificates: Submit a legible copy of the civilly registered birth certificate of any children born to the CPR and the USC spouse

- Residence: Submit evidence of communal residence. This documentation should reflect the names of both the CPR and their USC spouse. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following

* Copies of rental lease/agreements or mortgage agreements, deeds showing joint tenancy at a common residence signed by the conditional resident, the US spouse and the owners of the property (or the property manager)

* Copies of utility bills such as telephone, gas, electric, water, cable, Internet, etc. or other statements issued to both names indicating the residential address

* If applicable, submit copies of military Basic Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) form for housing and/or DD Form 1172 for dependent military dependent cards

* Any other documents which show that the marriage was not entered into in order to circumvent US immigration laws

Hubby and I think it's weird that even though in the first paragraph under Evidence of Good Faith marriage, it says our evidence doesn't "establish joint ownership of assets and liabilities covering the entire period of the marriage" in the following items it doesn't list the Financial Documents at all. Does this look like a generic document that USCIS sends out to a number of I-751 apps?

Documents submitted in original I-751

- Copy of CPR green card

- Two affidavits

- Copy of the CPR life insurance policy and application showing the USC as sole beneficiary

- Copy of CPR emergency contact forms showing USC as the contact person

- Copy of AAA membership letters and cards

- Tax transcripts, refund checks and tax returns for 2010, 2011, and refund check and tax return from 2012 (when we sent the package we didn't include the 2012 tax transcript as we thought the refund check and the tax return for 2012 was enough evidence....)

- Copies of auto insurance policy showing both as insured drivers

- Monthly bank statements of joint checking account for 2 years showing joint names

- Phone bills for 2 years showing joint account

- Photos of both with family and friends

- Copies of greetings cards and letters addressed to both

Documents to be submitted in RFE

Learning from this RFE, we are going to be super organized and categorized the documents we're submitting in the categories that they asked for.

IDENTITY

- Copy of USC passport and driver license

- Copy of CPR green card and driver license

EVIDENCE OF GOOD FAITH

Residence

- Our pay stubs showing same residential address (all we could find in 2010, 2011 and 2012 so it shows the entire period of marriage)

- Copies of cell phone bills showing both names for the entire period of marriage

- Sublease agreements in 2010, 2011 and 2012 signed by both of us and my husband's mother who is the sublessor

- Copies of letters and envelopes addressed to both, or each of us, showing same address

- AAA membership cards showing both names

- Copies of W-2 forms showing same address and marital status -> should this be in Financial or Residence?

Financial

(even though this wasn't specifically asked for in the RFE, we thought we might as well include it again just in case.... Do you think this is necessary? as most documents we already submitted in the original I-751)

- Tax transcripts, refund checks and completed return forms for 2010, 2011 and 2012 (we just obtained the 2012 transcript) showing joint married filing

- Complete bank statements for the entire period of marriage (monthly) - yes our entire package is about 4 inches thick

- CPR life insurance showing USC as sole beneficiary

- Auto insurance documents for the entire period of marriage (every 6 months) showing both as the insured drivers

- Receipt of USC paying tuition from joint bank account for CPR

Affidavits

- 2 affidavits from USC mother and brother

- Copies of the 2 affidavits from friends that were already included in the original I-751

Others

- CPR emergency contact forms showing USC as the main contact

- Receipt of a gift husband bought for me

- About 20 photos of us with family and friends

God bless...

You have good evidence but a lease or ownership of a house is one of the top evidences, they are looking for - send it ASAP. The other two major ones are Joint Bank Account Statements (at least one full per quarter) and IRS Tax Transcripts. Though DOB of a child is the top most to those that had a child born, it is not negative for others.

If you have any other additional evidence, you may add that too.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.