pprcp

I-797C, Notice of Action (I-751)

4 posts in this topic

I mailed my I-751 on the first week of November and Today 12/02/2006 I received my I-797C Notice of Action and it says that my conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year and wait for the biometrics appointment notice.

On my I-797C Notice of Action, the petitioner (ME) family name is the same as my K1 Visa Family Name and my Passport Family Name, not my Marriage Family Name that I used now. Why they used my previous or other family name(Single Status) instead of my Marriage Family Name?? :help:

Is this a mistakes? :help:

Is the I-797C should be address to my Marriage Name instead of my previous or other family name(Single Status) ? :help:

Thank You in advance for all your response.

Please correct my if I'm wrong.

Here's my Timeline I-751

11/06/2006 - mailed I-751 NSC Priority Mail

11/08/2006 - NSC received the I-751

11/10/2006 - checked was cashed

12/02/2006 - received the NOA1 Receipt Notice-address to my maiden name

12/09/2006 - received the NOA2 Biometrics Appointment Notice-address to my maiden name

12/14/2006-Biometrics Appointment Date

12/18/2006-talked to the INS Officer to update my status

12/26/2006-received the corrected NOA-address to my Married Name

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I mailed my I-751 on the first week of November and Today 12/02/2006 I received my I-797C Notice of Action and it says that my conditional resident status is extended for a period of one year and wait for the biometrics appointment notice.
Lucky you. They received ours on 12 October and we have not heard anything from them.

Cheers!

AKDiver

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

On my I-797C Notice of Action, the petitioner (ME) family name is the same as my K1 Visa Family Name and my Passport Family Name, not my Marriage Family Name that I used now. Why they used my previous or other family name(Single Status) instead of my Marriage Family Name?? :help:

Is the I-797C should be address to my Marriage Name instead of my previous or other family name(Single Status) ? :help:

Many other people have asked this question lately, so I don't know if it's a "mistake" since it seems to be the norm when the immigrant was a woman who came on a K-1 (in our case, the husband is the immigrant, so this didn't happen to us). I don't know whether it will cause a problem with your green card or not but maybe you should look through other threads to find out what other people have done in this situation.

ETA: Only found one so far, but looks like raymaga was in the same situation:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39035

Edited by sparkofcreation

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Many other people have asked this question lately, so I don't know if it's a "mistake" since it seems to be the norm when the immigrant was a woman who came on a K-1 (in our case, the husband is the immigrant, so this didn't happen to us). I don't know whether it will cause a problem with your green card or not but maybe you should look through other threads to find out what other people have done in this situation.

ETA: Only found one so far, but looks like raymaga was in the same situation:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39035

I guess you may be right because my husband told me that they take the name after my passport and K1 visa. When I received my Biometrics Notice I'll tell them for sure about it.

thank you for the link......

Here's my Timeline I-751

11/06/2006 - mailed I-751 NSC Priority Mail

11/08/2006 - NSC received the I-751

11/10/2006 - checked was cashed

12/02/2006 - received the NOA1 Receipt Notice-address to my maiden name

12/09/2006 - received the NOA2 Biometrics Appointment Notice-address to my maiden name

12/14/2006-Biometrics Appointment Date

12/18/2006-talked to the INS Officer to update my status

12/26/2006-received the corrected NOA-address to my Married Name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.