Bugs

Reaction to Immunizations

23 posts in this topic

Reactions to vaccines may differ from one person to another. If you receive the Flu shot and Tdap, you will most likely feel feverish (mild fever with body aches around the joints) but will last only for one day. It will be relieved by a paracetamol. While the other vaccines especially, Pneumo and Tetanus-your arms will be sore and painful to move in 1-2 days.

You just need to rest.. good.gif

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

I had my shots today. kicking.gif My left arm just a little bit sore. But none of the other side effects hit me yet.... not just yet i hope! blush.png

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

I had my shots today. kicking.gif My left arm just a little bit sore. But none of the other side effects hit me yet.... not just yet i hope! blush.png

I hope it doesnt for your sake but it might. Gema's arms hurt the first day and she started to feel sick on day two which is coming to a close now. I am hoping she feels better tomorrow =|

1/16/2013: NOA1
5/29/2013: XFER TO TSC
6/24/2013: NOA2
7/11/2013: Mailed to NVC
7/19/2013: Received NVC#(MNL#) in email
7/22/2013: Petition packet Shipped to Manila from NVC "In Transit"
7/24/2013: Petition package received in Manila - Consulate ready for interview
8/01/2013: Medical at St Luke's PASSED!!!
8/12/2013: INTERVIEW American CO " APPROVED"
8/13/2013: CEAC STATUS - administrative processing

8/15/2013: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED

8/26/2013: received VISA

9/05/2013: POE - GUAM -Flight from MNL to El Paso, TX- BEST DAY EVER =)

10/5/2013: Married!!

11/13/2013: Filed AOS / EAD/ & AP

11/18/2013: NOA1 all

12/12/2013: Biometrics completed

05/27/2014: AOS Interview

05/27/2014: AOS approved Received GC a week later.

10/08/2014: Report of Marriage & Passport Renewal LA Consultate General

See Hank_'s guide after NOA2:

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance had her medical two days ago, and was administered all 4 shots the same day - MMR, Tetanus, Flu, and Chicken Pox. Two on each arm.

Since then one arm has hurt quite bad, which I understand is quite normal, but the worrying thing is her feeling of sleepiness and is now just starting to get the chills, indicating she is feeling sick. Is this normal? Can others who got all 4 shots like that attest to how they felt in the coming days afterwards?

It is quite normal as long as no severe fever is present. Her doc will most likely tell her to take some pain meds and bed.

Her immune system is in overdrive now, 4 shots in 1 go is ^%$# on anybodys body.

My wife was down 2 days after hers..........

I hope it doesnt for your sake but it might. Gema's arms hurt the first day and she started to feel sick on day two which is coming to a close now. I am hoping she feels better tomorrow =|

I will sure give an update in a couple of days.... fingers-crossed......

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Timeline

Can i get those shots before the medical exam? On my health unit of my town

I am sure you can....you just have to be able to produce the records of the shots you have already had.

cjmc

Timeline

My advice (from a non-medical professional) but having gotten many shots over many years. Exercise the arm/arms you got the shot in, just easy movements, moving the arm around, to get the fluids moving, and take a couple of asprin to reduce fever/aches. Drink lots of fluids (non-alcholic!) Get a good nights sleep if you can afterwards. Most of these vaccines work by actually giving you a slight infection so that your body produces the correct anitbodies to fight off any new infections. So feeling a little sick is the sign that it's working.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.