Reynaldo

Is it just me...

118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'm on a different work schedule right now. the previous answers were me just popping into vj and seeing what was there. no, i don't btw. i'd hate to be responsible for filling up a local landfill :blush:

Anywho, my country should be know for its violence and not for something that is not even from here.

Eta: maybe for being one of the BRIC...

And you think it's not?

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i'm on a different work schedule right now. the previous answers were me just popping into vj and seeing what was there. no, i don't btw. i'd hate to be responsible for filling up a local landfill :blush:

Anywho, my country should be know for its violence and not for something that is not even from here.

Eta: maybe for being one of the BRIC...

And you think it's not?

I don't think Americans think of Brazil as any more violent than any other South American country. Probably people are less afraid of Chile only. Maybe for a tourist it's a little safer (fewer kidnappings than, say, Venezuela) in Brazil.

In the end, most Americans are afraid of any country that isn't Canada, the U.S., or in the EU.

Timeline
I don't think Americans think of Brazil as any more violent than any other South American country. Probably people are less afraid of Chile only. Maybe for a tourist it's a little safer (fewer kidnappings than, say, Venezuela) in Brazil.

In the end, most Americans are afraid of any country that isn't Canada, the U.S., or in the EU.

I just don't want my country to be known because of some bikini wax.

I don't care what you think of us.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I just don't want my country to be known because of some bikini wax.

how about ana hickman instead? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I think Brazilian TV does that to people. Here we're raised to believe Brazil is known as a great place to visit, with beautiful and diverse culture, happy people, very good at a few sports, great music, great plastic surgery, etc.... but when you travel and get to know people from other countries a little, you learn that all these things you think our country is known for, are replaced with things like violence, poverty, hot women looking for tourists to have sex with, etc.

No one I have ever talked to, knew who the J sisters were.... so don't worry about that Rey. BTW, if you don't want our country to be known for the bikini wax, it means you do care about what they think of us. :P

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Timeline

that is a major stretch of the imagination, alex :huh:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

No, it really isn't, Charles.

Timeline

not sure what you draw your facts from, but i don't know of too many "...afraid of any country that isn't Canada, the U.S., or in the EU."

china, north korea, and iran i think are logical ones to be afraid of, but the rest?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It isn't. I am, for one, afraid of any country that isn't Canada, the U.S, the E.U.,

Australia or New Zealand. Maybe also Japan and South Korea. :help:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline
I think Brazilian TV does that to people. Here we're raised to believe Brazil is known as a great place to visit, with beautiful and diverse culture, happy people, very good at a few sports, great music, great plastic surgery, etc.... but when you travel and get to know people from other countries a little, you learn that all these things you think our country is known for, are replaced with things like violence, poverty, hot women looking for tourists to have sex with, etc.

No one I have ever talked to, knew who the J sisters were.... so don't worry about that Rey. BTW, if you don't want our country to be known for the bikini wax, it means you do care about what they think of us. :P

Maybe I do care what they think, but to be honest I had it with (motherfking snakes on this motherfking plane?) this whole sex tourism thing. It honestly makes me sick.

Timeline

You guys seend the previews for that B movie, Turistas?

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Now that movie is just cruel...

The movie should kill the sex tourism industry......at least for a week or so.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Now that movie is just cruel...

The movie should kill the sex tourism industry......at least for a week or so.

That long???Nah... don't think so.

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.