ERICHANDSVETA

Ok, got my case # on July 19th, but

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Our Status is still showing 'ready' and we emailed the embassy in Moscow, and they said they still do not have the petition.

After reading on these forums, and asking around, it seems this a longer than usual time period for this step in the process.

I paid for the interview already. She is in limbo, and it is killing herm, and I am not feeling so 'warm and fuzzy' either about this.

Can anyone tell me if there is something I am missing, or if this is a normal process

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I would contact the Dept of State and talk to them. This is what I had to do, and just as in your case I saw the ready and thought everything was good. There were no notice from the NVC yet and I had to call the DoS to get our number and find out that it was at the NVC, even after they told me it was not. After I saw the ready status I told my Fiancée to go ahead and pay her fee because everything was good. I then emailed the embassy to ask for instructions and surprise, surprise, they did not have it. So I called up the DoS again and was told the website was inaccurate but that the NVC was preparing to ship it to the embassy. Just this past Saturday I received a letter from the NVC with our case number and that it will be forwarded to the embassy within the week. The good part is the fee payment is good for up to a year, but I would definitely call up the DoS at 202-663-1225.

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.