Nich-Nick

Courier. Contacts. Changes. Confusion.

41 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know that DX have a depot in Bridgend as I pass it all the time, was that not one of the options?

oh thanks - I don't know and now I can't find the list I looked at last night - in my defense, it was about midnight. blush.png My fiance is near Cardiff - i just remember there not being one there and thought that was strange..maybe there are only certain locations where they do the pick up of those secure type of docs? after work I need to look harder for that link!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

oh thanks - I don't know and now I can't find the list I looked at last night - in my defense, it was about midnight. blush.png My fiance is near Cardiff - i just remember there not being one there and thought that was strange..maybe there are only certain locations where they do the pick up of those secure type of docs? after work I need to look harder for that link!

Hah there are sooooo many lists to look at. I keep finding things that I need to remember/write down etc then I can't remember where I found the info :(

Bridgend is about 20-30mins driving from Cardiff, might be an option if your fiancé doesn't want to pay the home delivery fee :)

Filed: Timeline

Yes I got the same issues trying to arrange collection as a transition applicant. I found the following DX depot link but DX told me on the phone this is not applicable for UK passports and visa issuance!

http://csc.public.s3.amazonaws.com/Yatri/WEEAC/UK/DX_uk_dropbox_locations.pdf

Edited by menacez

Timeline

Well I paid for the courier but couldn't get a link to pay for the visa! Now it is asking for me to pay the courier fee even though I have done that. What a mess this is!!!!

event.png

07.22.2011 Met the other half of my soul for first time In the US
06.08.2012 Got engaged
08.01.2012 I-129F submitted
08.07.2012 NOA1 received
04.18.2013 RFE email & Txt

04.24.2013 RFE email & Txt again!

04.28.2013 RFE hard copy rec'vd

05.03.2013 RFE response mailed to CSC

05.06.2013 RFE response received at CSC

05.09.2013 NOA2 text!!!!!!

05.13.2013 NOA2 Hard Copy received YAY!!!!

07.24.2013 Date of Packet 4

07.26.2013 Received packet 4

08.30.2013 Interview at London Embassy

APPROVED!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!

Timeline

Same thing happened to me with the $30 credit. Got an email saying the money had been successfully charged from the account though. I've already paid my MRV fee the old way so I'm sure I'll be stuck in limbo somewhere. I can not understand how this can be so difficult. Its taken me over a year to get this far my interview is August 15th and I know something else is bound to go wrong. Nothing since the case has been in London has been clear, refer to this webpage, which then refers you to this webpage, and then usually the webpages will give you instructions that conflict each other.

Timeline

I don't understand why they took the courier desk out of the Embassy until they had time to make sure the limbo people who already paid by phone were covered. Did they not think that through or not care? just bamboozling...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I decided to make some phone calls this morning to see what I could find out about the courier. ( I don't know if you noticed a post yesterday by someone wanting to have their passport collected at home and delivered to the embassy because London was ready to issue their visa. He was told CSC was the courier. I googled CSC and they are the courier for Canada. I found a CSC in the UK and emailed them via their contact page since it was night in the UK by that time.)

So phone calls today and what I learned--

DX Secure.

1) They do not do visa courier service for London since yesterday July 29.

2) They do not collect UK passports to deliver to London

3) all she knew was the new courier is called CSC.

4) They continue to do US passport services for American passports and still have a presence at the embassy but on the Americans with issues side, not the UK people getting visas side. (Somebody going to an interview can take a look and see if anybody is manning the courier desk in the corner. Who volunteers to check it out in person?)

CSC couriers in Northampton tel:07855337519

This was my Google attempt at the name CSC. I had asked a billion questions in my email. I didn't get an answer to the email so rang them.

"Are you the courier for visas from the American Embassy in London?" NO

When I refreshed their webpage, I noticed the bold red writing had been added that had not been there earlier. Kinda funny. See it here http://www.csc-couriers.co.uk/

US Embassy London (at no point was asked to pay)

tel: 020 3608 6998 - this was on the contact page of their website. I got circled around many automated messages telling how to get a visa, that I could use VWP, that I could use various websites to find out what I needed to know. Then it disconnected.

tel: 09042-450-100 that is the number posted on VJ for the operated assisted line. Not a working number. Probably because I'm not in the UK?? The phone is our UK Vonage phone, so the number is a Bedford number 01234 xxxxxx. It didn't like it I guess.

tel: 020 7499-9000 - the number on VJ for the embassy switchboard

Much faffing around before it said for ALL other questions, press 8.

So I got a lovely young lady and started asking questions.

Who is the visa courier?

What if somebody was in AP and needed to have their passport collected?

I am aware of the new payment and courier online thing, but it is a mess and not very intuitive with fiance's guessing whether to pick immigrant or non-immigrant and those needing to respond to 221(g) not knowing who will collect their passport for delivery to the IV unit.

So she said she knew they were experiencing "teething" problems and the administration is working all week to try to resolve issues with it.

And if I wanted to make a written enquiry to the embassy, they have an online way to do that and guided me to it. I believe it is new.

Contact form http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

So that's all I know for this morning folks. Like all changes I've seen in the London process, it will become clear eventually as you all go through it and report your experiences

Still here helping the needy I see, Aunty Nich! Good - you can "spoonfeed" me come N-400 time. ;-)wink.png

Naturalization Timeline:

Event

Service Center : Phoenix AZ Lockbox

CIS Office : Saint Louis MO

Date Filed : 2014-06-11

NOA Date : 2014-06-16

Bio. Appt. :

Interview Date :

Approved :

Oath Ceremony :

Comments :

Still here helping the needy I see, Aunty Nich! Good - you can "spoonfeed" me come N-400 time. ;-)wink.png

Heck I'd fill out your forms for you Daymo. Call me. Time for me to retire. This lot here are especially prone to hysteria.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Heck I'd fill out your forms for you Daymo. Call me. Time for me to retire. This lot here are especially prone to hysteria.

I must admit (having been on the forums previously) there's a certain amount of heightened panic nowadays emanating from various people; far more than before. Or maybe the help is too good and it's easier for users to just throw lots of questions in, I don't know.

There's that smell again...

Timeline

Sorry guys - I know I panic and every time I see 3-4 of my avatars on one page, I think "yah., I need to calm down a bit".rolleyes.gif

K1 Visa

NOA2 - 13.04.13

Packet 3 received - 07.05.13

Packet 3 sent - 26.06.13

Packet 3 logged on CEAC - 09.07.13

Medical - 05.07.13

Medical results received at embassy - 10.07.13

DS2001 received at embassy 12.07.13

Last status update on CEAC 10.07.13 - Ready

Packet 4 received - 07.08.13

Interview - 15.08.13 - Approved.

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed 16.11.13

USCIS received applications 18.11.13

Biometrics appointment 13.12.13

Waiting..

Timeline

Had my interview on Tuesday. Missed a call the courier yesterday (drat!) I was on the train home and didn't hear it. Anyway the number they left in the voice message is not recognised. Though I did ring DX from one of the numbers provided on their website, and they said they would call back. Not recieved a call back though, starting to feel worried. unsure.png

Our Timeline
Date Sent I-129F - 16th August 2012
NOA1 - 22nd August 2012

NOA2 - 16th April 2013 (237 days)

Consulate Recieved - 7th May 2013

Packet 3 Recieved - 9th May 2013

Packet 3 Sent - 6th June 2013

Packet 4 Recieved - 2nd July 2013

Interview - 6th August - APPROVED.

Had my interview on Tuesday. Missed a call the courier yesterday (drat!) I was on the train home and didn't hear it. Anyway the number they left in the voice message is not recognised. Though I did ring DX from one of the numbers provided on their website, and they said they would call back. Not recieved a call back though, starting to feel worried. unsure.png

Hi there, I had my interview Tuesday and got the call yesterday too, passport was delivered today. Anyway it might not be useful, but when I picked up the call they left me a number to contact if there were any problems so might be worth trying this one to get through to the right section? 0871 265 6666 Hope it helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi there, I had my interview Tuesday and got the call yesterday too, passport was delivered today. Anyway it might not be useful, but when I picked up the call they left me a number to contact if there were any problems so might be worth trying this one to get through to the right section? 0871 265 6666 Hope it helps!

Hi,

Sorry to bother you and congrats on your visa but could i ask how you paid for the courier?

I tried to do it online last night for my interview next Friday but the system said there was an error whilst doing it and i'm now not sure if it went through or not, as there is no details coming up on the login on the usvisa-info website.

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry to bother you and congrats on your visa but could i ask how you paid for the courier?

I tried to do it online last night for my interview next Friday but the system said there was an error whilst doing it and i'm now not sure if it went through or not, as there is no details coming up on the login on the usvisa-info website.

Thanks

I paid the MRV fee before the new system started so I paid over the phone, at my interview they told me someone would call me from the courier service and I paid over the phone for that too and it was delivered next day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.