lodidodi

Our journey.....what a journey!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone, i tried to input our visa summary on our time line review but not getting through, so i decided to write here..well i will suggest you guy should move it to the right place, however below is our journey......

My K1 2010/ 2011

29th of November 2010 I had my Interview and I was placed on AP for 6 months, I got called back after involving Senator/Congressman for 2nd Interview and 3rd but at the end we were denied. We moved on and got married, then filled CR1 and got approved.

Questions asked on 29th 2010, 1st Interview.

Was about 36 questions there about...

Questions asked on 2nd Interview after AP was over

CO introduction --- I understand my colleague interviewed you last year. I answered yes. He proceeded by saying am just going to ask you few questions. I said not a problem.

1. How did you meet your wife? (But I corrected him my fiancée)

2. Have you been married before?

3. Has your fiancée been married before?

4. Why did she divorce?

5.Is she living alone?

He asked me if I have my passport with me and I said yes...I wanted to bring out, he said don't worry.

6. How did she come to USA? (He asked me to repeat my answer and I did)

7.Talking.....(Do you know marriage is a long term commitment don't you feel someone who is an …… ( I corrected him you are an American and he re-phrased his statement) saying someone who was born with ….. culture is not compactable to the one of Nigerian and why not look for someone of same Culture like a Nigerian and same culture?

8. Why do you want to marry her?

With the emphases on where my fiancée was born and the statements made about our cultures and that we should marry of our own instead of each other, my then fiancée contacted her Congressman and her two Senators to state that her civil rights were violated. With the correspondence from and to the US Embassy in Lagos, I was called for yet another interview.

3rd Interview

=========

I got to the Embassy at the appropriate time. I went in sat and waited to be called. Eventually, I was called and I approached the Male Consulate, he pronounced my name incorrectly, when I got to the window, I corrected him and he smiles and said sorry.

He proceeded to ask the following questions which I answered:

1. When was the last time you were interviewed?

2. Do you remember what you were asked?

3. And what do you like about her?

4. How did you meet her?

5. How many days did she spend when she came for a visit?

6. When you got called to return back were you told anything else?

7. Do you have the copy of the email here?

8. What happened at your last interview?

9. Do you have them?

Consular kept talking, meanwhile he was giving me the refusal letter just like the one I received on 27th (I said to him No I will not take this because I was given the same thing last time and it shows I am being deprived of my true feelings and love for my fiancée). He proceeded...

10. He asked if I have been married before?

11. He asked if I have kids?

12. Why don't you want to have children?

13. Has your fiancée filed for a fiancé petition before?

14. Who for ….. ?

15. Where does her ex-husband live?

16. Why do you want to marry her in America?

17.Does she have any kids?

CO kept talking....He then said give me a second , he left the window to make a call and stood for 2 minutes, then he came back.

18. When is her birthday?

19. Do you know she is … yrs older than you are?

20. What do your parent think about this?

CO - he took back the refusal paper where he had left it for me to pick it up, and folded it and brought out another paper ...then he asked me if my email is working, I said yes. He said you have been put back on Administrative processing, that I will be called back when it is over.........I told him GOD bless you and I left.

He asked if I have dated an older woman before?

The next day, I received a call from the US Embassy stating I was denied and our petition was sent back to the US.

WE GOT DENIED OUR K1 VISA.

In May of 2013 we filed for CR1

Interview questions for CR1 petition on June 18th 2013

=======

CO- who petition for you?

CO- how did you meet?

CO- how did you connected on the site?

CO- Has she been married before?

CO- Have you been married before? He was flipping through our file and given me back some papers.

CO- Where does your wife work?

CO- What visa did you applied for the last time? when I answered, he did a lot typing.

CO- Have you applied for a visa before aside from the K1?

CO- How many children does she have/ and their ages?

CO-How old is the youngest one?

CO- He repeated the question as he was going through divorce decree?

CO- What do I do for a living?

CO- He asked if I was in school and how long I spent in school, and what is the name of my school and what courses I studied?

CO- Where is your wife originally from? then he typed after I answered for a long time.

CO- Is your wife a Muslim?.....he brought out a pix of me with my wife's friend and asked me who they are ....he type more on the computer after I answered.

CO- what is your facebook handler....he did lot of typing. At this point he said “your petition has been approved”.

CO- He brought out 2 pieces of white papers and circle the address on where to pick the visa, and told me your visa is approved and asked me to pay $165 immigration fee before entering the US. He did not check my documents or the new police report.

I picked up my visa a week later and traveled to the US two weeks later. POE was Los Angeles. Where I was welcomed and the immigration process went smoothly.

What a journey! Congratulations and best wishes!!

I-129F Sent : 2012-11-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-12-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2013-5-30
RFE Reply(s) : 2013-6-10
I-129F NOA2 : 2013-6-17
NVC Received : 2013-06-28
NVC Left : 2013-07-02
Consulate Received : 2013-07-08
Packet 3 Received : 2013-07-10
Packet 3 Sent : 2013-07-25
Packet 4 Received : 2013-08-24
Interview Date : 2013-09-13
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2013-09-23
US Entry : 2013-10-25

Marriage : 2013-11-16

Filed AOS
CIS Office : Santa Ana CA
Date Filed : 2013-12-05
NOA Date : 2013-12-12

Biometrics: 2013-12-26

Interview Date: 2014-04-07

EAD Approval: 2014-02-15

EAD Received: 2014-02-26

AP Approved: 2014-02-18

AP Received: 2014-02-26

I-751 Sent: 2016-01-09

I-751 NOA1: 2016-01-11

I-751 Biometrics: 2016-02-29

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

That's quite a journey! But it ended well for you! Congratulations!

March 27, 2013 Package sent
March 28, 2013 Package received by USCIS Chicago Lockbox
March 29, 2013 NOA-1 Received
June 26, 2013 Contacted State Senator Merkley, Senator Wyden & Representative Blumenauer (So they could verify status because of a little bit of an emergency situation)
July 3, 2013 Response and update from Senator Merkley
July 8, 2013 Response and update from Representative Blumenauer

July 30, 2013 Contacted DHS Ombudsman about situation

August 8, 2013 Response and update from Senator Wyden

August 14, 2013 Received Case Number from DHS Ombudsman

August 16, 2013 Senator Wyden filed expedite request to USCIS on my behalf

September 12, 2013 Ombudsman filed expedite request to USCIS on my behalf

September 27, 2013 Alien Registration Number Changed

September 27, 2013 I-130 Petition Approved (About 15 minutes after the alien registration number was changed)

October 9, 2013 NVC Case Number Received

October 9, 2013 DS-261 Completed and AOS Fee Paid

October 21, 2013 IV Fee Invoice Received

October 21, 2013 IV Fee Paid

October 29, 2013 DS-260 Completed

November 2, 2013 Sent AOS and IV documents to NVC

November 4, 2013 Documents Arrived at NVC

December 15, 2013 RFE Sent to NVC

January 27. 2014 NVC Completed Review (Any remaining documents can be brought to interview)

February 27, 2014 Interview Scheduled for April 10th, 2014

April 10th, 2014 Visa Approved

April 13th, 2014 Vissa Issued

April 22, 2014 Ready for Pick-up

April 23rd, 2014 Picked up visa from UPS

May 2nd, 2014 P.O.E. Dallas/Fortworth

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi everyone, i tried to input our visa summary on our time line review but not getting through, so i decided to write here..well i will suggest you guy should move it to the right place, however below is our journey......
My K1 2010/ 2011
29th of November 2010 I had my Interview and I was placed on AP for 6 months, I got called back after involving Senator/Congressman for 2nd Interview and 3rd but at the end we were denied. We moved on and got married, then filled CR1 and got approved.
Questions asked on 29th 2010, 1st Interview.
Was about 36 questions there about...
Questions asked on 2nd Interview after AP was over
CO introduction --- I understand my colleague interviewed you last year. I answered yes. He proceeded by saying am just going to ask you few questions. I said not a problem.
1. How did you meet your wife? (But I corrected him my fiancée)
2. Have you been married before?
3. Has your fiancée been married before?
4. Why did she divorce?
5.Is she living alone?
He asked me if I have my passport with me and I said yes...I wanted to bring out, he said don't worry.
6. How did she come to USA? (He asked me to repeat my answer and I did)
7.Talking.....(Do you know marriage is a long term commitment don't you feel someone who is an …… ( I corrected him you are an American and he re-phrased his statement) saying someone who was born with ….. culture is not compactable to the one of Nigerian and why not look for someone of same Culture like a Nigerian and same culture?
8. Why do you want to marry her?
With the emphases on where my fiancée was born and the statements made about our cultures and that we should marry of our own instead of each other, my then fiancée contacted her Congressman and her two Senators to state that her civil rights were violated. With the correspondence from and to the US Embassy in Lagos, I was called for yet another interview.
3rd Interview
=========
I got to the Embassy at the appropriate time. I went in sat and waited to be called. Eventually, I was called and I approached the Male Consulate, he pronounced my name incorrectly, when I got to the window, I corrected him and he smiles and said sorry.
He proceeded to ask the following questions which I answered:
1. When was the last time you were interviewed?
2. Do you remember what you were asked?
3. And what do you like about her?
4. How did you meet her?
5. How many days did she spend when she came for a visit?
6. When you got called to return back were you told anything else?
7. Do you have the copy of the email here?
8. What happened at your last interview?
9. Do you have them?
Consular kept talking, meanwhile he was giving me the refusal letter just like the one I received on 27th (I said to him No I will not take this because I was given the same thing last time and it shows I am being deprived of my true feelings and love for my fiancée). He proceeded...
10. He asked if I have been married before?
11. He asked if I have kids?
12. Why don't you want to have children?
13. Has your fiancée filed for a fiancé petition before?
14. Who for ….. ?
15. Where does her ex-husband live?
16. Why do you want to marry her in America?
17.Does she have any kids?
CO kept talking....He then said give me a second , he left the window to make a call and stood for 2 minutes, then he came back.
18. When is her birthday?
19. Do you know she is … yrs older than you are?
20. What do your parent think about this?
CO - he took back the refusal paper where he had left it for me to pick it up, and folded it and brought out another paper ...then he asked me if my email is working, I said yes. He said you have been put back on Administrative processing, that I will be called back when it is over.........I told him GOD bless you and I left.
He asked if I have dated an older woman before?
The next day, I received a call from the US Embassy stating I was denied and our petition was sent back to the US.
WE GOT DENIED OUR K1 VISA.
In May of 2013 we filed for CR1
Interview questions for CR1 petition on June 18th 2013
=======
CO- who petition for you?
CO- how did you meet?
CO- how did you connected on the site?
CO- Has she been married before?
CO- Have you been married before? He was flipping through our file and given me back some papers.
CO- Where does your wife work?
CO- What visa did you applied for the last time? when I answered, he did a lot typing.
CO- Have you applied for a visa before aside from the K1?
CO- How many children does she have/ and their ages?
CO-How old is the youngest one?
CO- He repeated the question as he was going through divorce decree?
CO- What do I do for a living?
CO- He asked if I was in school and how long I spent in school, and what is the name of my school and what courses I studied?
CO- Where is your wife originally from? then he typed after I answered for a long time.
CO- Is your wife a Muslim?.....he brought out a pix of me with my wife's friend and asked me who they are ....he type more on the computer after I answered.
CO- what is your facebook handler....he did lot of typing. At this point he said “your petition has been approved”.
CO- He brought out 2 pieces of white papers and circle the address on where to pick the visa, and told me your visa is approved and asked me to pay $165 immigration fee before entering the US. He did not check my documents or the new police report.
I picked up my visa a week later and traveled to the US two weeks later. POE was Los Angeles. Where I was welcomed and the immigration process went smoothly.

Here is the Nigerian Interview link go here and cut and paste this there. Congratulations

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Nigeria

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Here is the Nigerian Interview link go here and cut and paste this there. Congratulations

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Nigeria

This page will not load or open. I have tried this link.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This page will not load or open. I have tried this link.

just go up to top of page to embassy review than plug in Nigeria. or go to portal that takes you to Nigerian portal and select reviews.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

What an ordeal ! Congratulations !

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.