MJandJON

SCHEDULED VISA APPOINTMENT.TOO FAST?HELP

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok so this is what happened. I got the EMAIL from the NVC stating our MNL number on JULY 26,2013. Then I paid today JULY 29,2013 and scheduled it after 6 hours, and I got my visa interview scheduled on AUGUST 19,2013. Am I being so fast? Do you think I am on the safe zone that my papers will reach the USEM at the time of my interview? Im pretty nervouscray5ol.gif

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I've seen from other people on here that sometimes you can call the embassy and reschedule the interview. Just explain your situation and that you don't think your documents will get there in time. It shouldn't be a problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

That was fast, I didn't even know that visa fee can be paid even before the USEM receives it. Am sure you be fine since it only takes like a week or two for the USEM to get it log it in the system.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok so this is what happened. I got the EMAIL from the NVC stating our MNL number on JULY 26,2013. Then I paid today JULY 29,2013 and scheduled it after 6 hours, and I got my visa interview scheduled on AUGUST 19,2013. Am I being so fast? Do you think I am on the safe zone that my papers will reach the USEM at the time of my interview? Im pretty nervouscray5ol.gif

There are a variety of topics from other VJ'ers recently listing the time span before their file shipped to USEM, do a quick search.

Usually if you allow 4 - 6 weeks between when you got your MNL # and the interview date you are good to go, but I have noticed some are taking longer lately.

I would keep moving forward for now and use the website I gave you a link to earlier to track your file.

If you need to reschedule it is not a big deal, you can simply logon to the USEM website, cancel the current interview date, then schedule a new date.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Most people allow 4-6 weeks so that they can finish things like the medical before the interview. Keep in mind that you're supposed to complete the medical exam at least a week in advance of the interview, and that a woman should not go for the exam during her period and until at least 7 days after it completes. So if the timing is right, go for it!

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Timeline

If it was me I would play it safe... Resked it if you can. I've had my petition approved on July 12th and just waiting for the MNL number

in the mail. Then I will wait a few weeks after I recieve to sked an interview. I will sked it around the medical and CFO counseling to

ensure that all is well and gives me enough time (if somethings goes wrong) to resked my interview at the embassy. It's nice to get

it done so you can be together, but you will be with each other the rest of your life if you do things right now.. Good Luck...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If it was me I would play it safe... Resked it if you can. I've had my petition approved on July 12th and just waiting for the MNL number

in the mail. Then I will wait a few weeks after I recieve to sked an interview. I will sked it around the medical and CFO counseling to

ensure that all is well and gives me enough time (if somethings goes wrong) to resked my interview at the embassy. It's nice to get

it done so you can be together, but you will be with each other the rest of your life if you do things right now.. Good Luck..

I think you should call NVC to get your MNL number rather than waiting for it in the mail, I doubt if they even mail MNL number. We got approved on the 17th and MNL given on the 26th.

Edited by godlove

You have nothing to worry about. You'll be fine.

Timeline

I was going to give it three weeks, if i dont get one in the mail i will call and get it.. But I don't like to hurry with the possibility of

making a mistake. Good Luck.....

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was going to give it three weeks, if i dont get one in the mail i will call and get it.. But I don't like to hurry with the possibility of

making a mistake. Good Luck.....

There really no reason to wait for the hard copy notice from NVC with the MNL #.

Click the link in my signature, there is so much you could have done already. Your fiancée could easily be done with the visa interview in 4 - 6 weeks.

You can use this site to track when you file is shipped to USEM. Most times it only takes 10 - 15 business day for it to ship, and you are about there already according to your timeline.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks, I want to go to the interview with her, and I cant be there until October because of work. Thanks for the info...I'm

just being patient and conserative with the time in between ....

Timeline

Hank, haha i got my MNL number today in the mail..

also, for those that are wondering the time line of the process..

April 12th Petition Mailed to Texas Lock Box

April 15th Petition Received Texas Lock Box

April 17th NOA1 Notice Date

April 19th Received NOA1

July 12TH Email notification NOA2 Approved I129F

July 29th Received MNL Number in the Mail..

July 29th Called NVC 603-334-0700 verified package sent to the Manila Embassy July 25th

July 29th Manila Embassy received Petition Via DHL....

Timeline

Your right Tahoma. I'll be fine. Just called Nvc and they told me that my case was complete and it was shipped yesterday at USEM Manila. So it was just all perfect timing I think. My papers will be ready by the time of my interview. Right now starting to get things started! Will get my NBI tomorrow hopefully no hassles will happen.

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.