garya505

Trying to get Birth Certificate, don't know father's middle name.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm trying to help my fiancee's cousin in the Philippines. She is trying to get her Birth Certifcate and she needs her father's middle name to get it. Her father died when she was 12 years old and her mother doesn't know her father's middle name. She doesn't know where any of her father's family is.

Can you help?

Timeline

I should add that we're looking for ideas on how to find the middle name. I have some ideas myself but I don't really know how public records work there. Maybe it's in his marriage license? Where would she find that? Is there a way to get a parent's BC? Do you have any other ideas?

She doesn't have any money, so we have offered to help her with any costs. If we have to pay a "fee" to someone at an NSO office that's OK. :whistle:

I should add that we're looking for ideas on how to find the middle name. I have some ideas myself but I don't really know how public records work there. Maybe it's in his marriage license? Where would she find that? Is there a way to get a parent's BC? Do you have any other ideas?

She doesn't have any money, so we have offered to help her with any costs. If we have to pay a "fee" to someone at an NSO office that's OK. :whistle:

My wife got records from her school, when she needed a BC.

Did he go to a school?

Personally, here my misguided opinion. Its a third-world screwed up country. The only records that have his middle name are bound to be very old and not computerized and not accessable by any authority.

I doubt that anyone will know if she makes one up. LOL. Bad advice probably.

Timeline

Did he go to a school?

Personally, here my misguided opinion. Its a third-world screwed up country. The only records that have his middle name are bound to be very old and not computerized and not accessable by any authority.

Thanks for the tip I'll pass that along. She's worried because she can't get a passport without a BC.

Did he go to a school?

Thanks for the tip I'll pass that along. She's worried because she can't get a passport without a BC.

i guess that's why its important to keep old docs coz we dont know if we might need it in the future. like a marriage license is one way to find if her parents were married, a death certificate is one too if her mom keep it, and yes a school record form-137 (elementary) or form-138 (highschool) and TOR. also have her go to the NSO and let her try to explain the situation. im sure they will be considerate enough to find it. anyways we're paying P125 every transaction from them whether they find our name or not in their records... so no sweat from them. they just match whatever info you give them.

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Does she know where he was born? If she does she might be able to go to the Local Registrar in that town. They should have all birth records for that town or area.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

I had the same issue with my wife-2-b from Thailand. Her father had been dead for 15 years. No one in her family knew his middle name and/or where he was born...or even exactly what year he was born. When filling out my I-129f, my attorney said to just put unknown, or leave those fields blank. I haven't had any questions since...and now we're just waiting for an interview date.

Not sure if its the same in the Phillipines, but I suppose it is...

Peace,

Mark-n-AAm

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Timeline

Tell the cousin go to the province she was born at and go to the local NSO office to request her BC there… it will have the fathers name already on it. I don’t know what is involved in requesting a BC but my fiancée didn’t know her dads middle name either but after she got her BC she found out why… because he didn’t have one lol Honestly I think she should be able to get it without knowing it as long as she has all the other info she needs, but that is just another approach.

9/27/05 Met on line

4/16/06 Visit her in the Philippines

4/29/06 Engaged

8/3/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC

8/4/06 Notice left

8/7/06 I-129f delivered at USCIS

8/15/06 NOA1 USCIS received I-129f

8/17/06 Touched

8/20/06 Check scanned and posted on line that is how I got my case number.

8/21/06 NOA1 arrives via snail mail

8/30/06 Touched

10/2/06 NOA 2 "Approved"

10/3/06 Touched

11/01/06 MNL# 2006xxxxxx

11/30/06 Medical

12/06/06 Interview APPROVED

12/19/06 Travel to US Seattle POE, Arrive in Houston

xx/xx/07 Wedding

"When I die bury me upside down so the USCIS can kiss my @$$".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.