Hasan & Mal

Medical Exam Delayed Due to Additional Testing

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi there,

I've got a question for anyone that may be experienced with this situation or have any good advice:

My fiance had his medical exam this morning in Ankara, Turkey and everything went well except for one thing: Hasan had tuberculosis as a small child (obviously has cleared up since then) but his medical records were lost when his childhood hospital moved locations. He informed the doctor at his exam that he had TB as a kid but it was cleared up, but he does have scarring on this lungs (typical). The doctor told him that they would need to administer two additional TB tests, all on separate days (three total). Here's where the problem arises: He completed one today during his initial medical exam, will do one tomorrow (Tuesday) and one Wednesday. However, his visa interview is at 8:40AM on Wednesday. The hospital told him after completion of all three TB tests they would send his records to the Embassy in Ankara.

Is this going to heavily delay our visa process at all? Assuming all else goes well at his interview, will they simply be able to send the medical documents to the Embassy post-interview, review them upon receipt, and then make a decision without my fiance having to return to the Embassy since he already completed his interview?

We're very frustrated with this becuase he initially scheduled his medical examination for 5 days prior to his interview but they rescheduled on him becuase the doctors were going to be at a conference. Had he been able to do his medical when he originally planned, this overlapping of events would not be happening..

Thanks for your help and input. We're so, so, so close to being done and everything has gone smoothly thus far, so this setback is very frustrating.

Regards,

Mallory & Hasan

.:: Hasan & Mallory ::.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If he had tested positive for TB before he was not suppose to ever get another TB test. They was suppose to give him a x-ray. Any time he takes a TB test he will always be positive. So in the future he should never take another TB test. He needs to always get a chest x-ray.

Keep it Real

Filed: Timeline

I can tell you this : effective 1st April 2013, if there is anything suspicious on x-ray (regardless what you can say as a reasoning to a doctor), there is not just 3 days test (fast bacilli test), that one is only step one. After 3 days test, there must me a culture test with the same samples (they don't collect new ones). So if 3 days (quick test) is negative then still 2 months (they say 8 weeks but till it gets to the embassy it may be 2 months) on culture testing after which they send docs to the embassy, and if you had interview in between without the medical results ready, then it is RFE and AP and approx. 1 month wait in AP (maybe depends on the specific country embassy workload too).

Those 2 months test is mandatory as a rule for all countries so it doesn't depend on the country. And if 3 days fast test is positive, then it is a longer story which you may not wish to know yet.

I hope it helps.

Filed: Timeline

Check your embassy site as for medical examination and you may find smth like this (this is not from Turkey but we were told this is CDC requirement in general):

Laboratory examination for tuberculosis disease will consist of at least three sputum specimens, which will undergo microscopy for AFB as well as culture for Mycobacteria Tuberculosis. Specimens reported as negative will be cultured for a minimum of 6 weeks, with a final report available within 8 weeks of collection. Positive Mycobacteria Tuberculosis cultures will undergo Drug Susceptibility Testing (DST) for first-line TB medications. DST results will be available within 10 weeks of sputum collection. Positive cultures that are resistant to first-line TB drugs will undergo drug susceptibility testing on second-line tuberculosis medications.

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

1. I hope this issue has been resolved for you. I am so very happy to hear that you guys are approved and they did not send your petition back to USCIS. My husband was interviewed on January 12, 2012 and we are currently waiting for another interview. 2. Praying for your fiancé to get his visa soon. 3. Do you mind if I ask you how much the medical exam cost this year? It changes every year.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Congrats on the approval!!!!! good.gif I am so excited for you both and pray that all goes well with you and the TB situation. Keep us posted. biggrin.png

July 2011 - Met Online Playing Backgammon
March 2012 - Falling In Love luv.gif
September 2012 - Asked Me If I Would Marry Himrose.gif
December 2012 - Met In Personheart.gif
April 9, 2013 - Mailed I-129F
April 10, 2013 - USPS Receipt I-129F Delivered

April 17, 2013 - E-Mail / Text Recieved From USCIS

April 17, 2013 - Check Cashed

April 22, 2013 - NOA 1 Hard Copy Recieved

August 9, 2013 - NOA 2 Text and E-Mail Recieved

August 14, 2013 - NOA 2 Hard Copy Recieved

September 11, 2013 - NOA 2 Recieved at NVC

October 1, 2013 - "In Transit" to Embassybiggrin.png

October 5, 2013 - Letter Recieved From NVC

October 9, 2013 - E-Mail Recieved from Embassy smile.png

Oceober 21, 2013 - Submitted DS-160 (No Interview Appointments Available)

October 25, 2013 - Interview Appointment Scheduled (January 7, 2014) dancin5hr.gif

December 10, 2013 - Medical Appointment

ClockWatch2.gif Now The Hardest Part whistling.gif

• 5 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/22/2013 at 2:33 PM, Kristi95 said:

Check your embassy site as for medical examination and you may find smth like this (this is not from Turkey but we were told this is CDC requirement in general):

Laboratory examination for tuberculosis disease will consist of at least three sputum specimens, which will undergo microscopy for AFB as well as culture for Mycobacteria Tuberculosis. Specimens reported as negative will be cultured for a minimum of 6 weeks, with a final report available within 8 weeks of collection. Positive Mycobacteria Tuberculosis cultures will undergo Drug Susceptibility Testing (DST) for first-line TB medications. DST results will be available within 10 weeks of sputum collection. Positive cultures that are resistant to first-line TB drugs will undergo drug susceptibility testing on second-line tuberculosis medications.

Do you know how they contact you when they send the case to the embassy after the 2 months or 8 weeks 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Zombie thread locked to further replies. If you have not yet please start your own thread for your questions~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.