Vivsan

Two nationalities, police record

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I have two nationalities, ecuadorian and German. I've lived all my life in Ecuador but have the German nationality because of my grandfather who was German. While looking for the papers I need to get the visa, I found out they say I need a police record of my nationality country. Does this means I also need to get the German police record? I called the embassy and they say it takes more than a month, sometimes two to get it. Has someone experience the same situation? Please! Help me if you can with yor comments, my petition is already in the NVC and I thought in one moth everything was going to be ready and now I'm freaking out

Timeline

Have you ever lived in Germany? Normally, you are required to provide police certificates from all countries that you have lived in, for a period of 6months or more.

I've never lived in Germany but this is what it says in the package "Records are required from country of current residence and country of nationality. It is also required from countries of previous residence, if residence there was for more than one year, except for the United States"

My country of residence is Ecuador and my nationalities are German and Ecuadorean. Although I plan to apply with the Ecuadorean passport

You don't need the German police record. That's only making things too much. You were born and raised in Ecuador so you only need their police record. You dont need Germany's because you never lived there.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Don't make it hard on yourself..all you need is your Ecu police record..you have lived No where else so its all you need. You do NOT have to go chaseing after all you heritage your going to make this more difficult!..you ONLY need where you have lived your life. Im waiting on my Danish husband and also he had to send in police records..and he has ONLY lived in Denmark so that's ALL NVC needs..don't make it more work on yourself ..

Timeline

Don't make it hard on yourself..all you need is your Ecu police record..you have lived No where else so its all you need. You do NOT have to go chaseing after all you heritage your going to make this more difficult!..you ONLY need where you have lived your life. Im waiting on my Danish husband and also he had to send in police records..and he has ONLY lived in Denmark so that's ALL NVC needs..don't make it more work on yourself ..

Thank you very much for all yor comments. I actually find out that I do need that police record since the last three years I've been flying to the states with my German passport and I'm register there as German. Also I'm presenting as proof that we har seen each other copies of that passport. I found a way to make it faster to get the police record from them, hopefully it will take 3 weeks top. Thank you all for your comments

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Ohh...well you didn't say you have a german passport..Strange as you said you only lived in ECU..How many diff passports do you own?..Im an American citizen and I guess I don't understand it..I only have one passport...

Timeline

Ohh...well you didn't say you have a german passport..Strange as you said you only lived in ECU..How many diff passports do you own?..Im an American citizen and I guess I don't understand it..I only have one passport...

Yes, I have two nationalities and both passports. I was born and raised in Ecuador but my family from my mothers side is German. And I got the nationality 3 years ago

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have read somewhere in the forum that except of a police certificate we have to show court records. Is that right? I am confused because as far as I understand if your police records are clear you don't have court records.

Does anybody know exactly?

Thanks!

Timeline

I have read somewhere in the forum that except of a police certificate we have to show court records. Is that right? I am confused because as far as I understand if your police records are clear you don't have court records.

Does anybody know exactly?

Thanks!

As far as I know it's only the police record. At least that's what says in the appointment package they sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.