LearningLesson

In AP for a month now

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When will this BS end??!! This is enough to drive you madranting33va.gif

Has anyone in Jamaica been In AP a month or so who's recently gotten there visa?

I'm trying to figure out a time frame if possible.

I've heard the longest time it takes in JA is up to 10 weeks? If you know differently please clue me in.. thx

45gxhr9.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As you knower have been in AP going on 8 weeks. From what my fiancé has learned visa are not being printed at the embassy. He called DHL to see where his passport is at. It's still at the embassy. So more waiting for us. Hang in there, try to keep busy. We have sent a request to our congress person to inquire on our behalf. Even though IV unit has said AP and offered no info why coded 221(g) with no info given at interview.

Timeline

I think having a 221G on AP may be a bit more than regular AP processing

Hope you ladies get this finalize very soon

Thanks, I hope so too...

As you knower have been in AP going on 8 weeks. From what my fiancé has learned visa are not being printed at the embassy. He called DHL to see where his passport is at. It's still at the embassy. So more waiting for us. Hang in there, try to keep busy. We have sent a request to our congress person to inquire on our behalf. Even though IV unit has said AP and offered no info why coded 221(g) with no info given at interview.

Hopefully they can help you get some answers.

45gxhr9.png

Timeline

I think having a 221G on AP may be a bit more than regular AP processing

Hope you ladies get this finalize very soon

Wouldn't a 221(g) require some notification and not used interchangeably with AP? From what I understand and have read, for a 221(g) denial the embassy is required to provide the applicant a reason for the denial both in writing and orally. I don't know if others on AP via Kingston have confirmed with DOS how their case is coded. It was random when a DOS rep told me and pretty much said my fiance would have received a notice at the end of his interview. I feel with regard to our case there was an error and the IV unit either is not bothering to research or is covering up the fact that someone made and error. Either way after my fiance gets here I am writing some serious letters to the ambassador, DOS, OIG, and whitehouse. I have been in the Waiver and Admin processing forum. There is some chatter around contacting the news since Immigration is the hot topic.

Filed: Other Timeline

I have read of ppl being put in AP after approval (don't know Y) my

husband friend got a little green stub after interview before filing

his waiver, whether by mistake or whatever he'd ignored the fact

he got it, so they are humans & make mistakes, but AP can be long

or short & I don't think uscis (will ever) admit mistake in an AP..TIME...

by the way it happened in Kingston

Timeline

I have read of ppl being put in AP after approval (don't know Y) my

husband friend got a little green stub after interview before filing

his waiver, whether by mistake or whatever he'd ignored the fact

he got it, so they are humans & make mistakes, but AP can be long

or short & I don't think uscis (will ever) admit mistake in an AP..TIME...

by the way it happened in Kingston

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think that everyone believes that AP is something different than what it actually is. AP (administrative processing) is the timeframe from your interview to when your visa is issued. In some countries it can take years. We are fortunate that it does not take that long, however, there is nothing written specifically that says that AP is only a couple of weeks. Before the changes in March AP could have been anywhere from 2-4 weeks. You could have a window appointment to turn in documents, among other face-to-face communication with the embassy staff where you can assure that the documents were received, etc...

Now with the new electronic system, and we all know that JA is not a technology country, you now have to fumble through them retreiving electronic documents, putting electronic documents in the system, and whatever else they have to do before they can now issue the visa. You throw in requiring e-mailing of additional information to approve your visa, then who knows when it will be issued. Also, how do we know if the staff is techno savy???? It is not always easy to navigate a government database.

I know that this is not re-assuring because we all know about waiting after being approved, but all I can say is, just be patient, pray, and the visa will soon be issued.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

my husband was in AP for a loooong time after his approval at the interview.

it was a long time ago, but i think it was at least 6 weeks.

i checked DHL every day and NOTHING....

The embassy called him on a Saturday afternoon and requested he come in on Monday to retake his fingerprints- he did, and the visa was issued days after.

DONT MAKE ANY PLANE TRAVEL TICKETS UNTIL THE VISA IS ON HAND

good luck

Timeline

Ok, The AP for our case did last a month and 4 days partially because of the 221g that was given at the interview to send in another document.

That document was sent in the same week as the interview. on the 20th of June. The status has been updated to issued as of July 26.

Just wanted to keep people informed who might be going through the same thing.

my husband was in AP for a loooong time after his approval at the interview.

it was a long time ago, but i think it was at least 6 weeks.

i checked DHL every day and NOTHING....

The embassy called him on a Saturday afternoon and requested he come in on Monday to retake his fingerprints- he did, and the visa was issued days after.

DONT MAKE ANY PLANE TRAVEL TICKETS UNTIL THE VISA IS ON HAND

good luck

Thanks for sharing you experience

I think that everyone believes that AP is something different than what it actually is. AP (administrative processing) is the timeframe from your interview to when your visa is issued. In some countries it can take years. We are fortunate that it does not take that long, however, there is nothing written specifically that says that AP is only a couple of weeks. Before the changes in March AP could have been anywhere from 2-4 weeks. You could have a window appointment to turn in documents, among other face-to-face communication with the embassy staff where you can assure that the documents were received, etc...

Now with the new electronic system, and we all know that JA is not a technology country, you now have to fumble through them retreiving electronic documents, putting electronic documents in the system, and whatever else they have to do before they can now issue the visa. You throw in requiring e-mailing of additional information to approve your visa, then who knows when it will be issued. Also, how do we know if the staff is techno savy???? It is not always easy to navigate a government database.

I know that this is not re-assuring because we all know about waiting after being approved, but all I can say is, just be patient, pray, and the visa will soon be issued.

Thanks for your input

45gxhr9.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.