SherryandDaniel

Change of address while K-1 file is at Consulate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi VJ family,

Can I change my address (the petitioner) while our case is at the Sydney consulate? I wasn't sure if I could still do it online through USCIS because I think my case is beyond USCIS now. Anyone else experienced this?

Thank you!

K-1 JourneyI-129F sent: 12/03/2012 (overnight)NOA1 printed on letter: 12/06/2012NOA1 text/email: 12/07/2012Transfer from VSC to TSC: 5/29/2013NOA2: 6/18/2013Notice of transfer to Dept of State: 7/10/2013Case received by NVC: 7/12/2013Packet 3 received: 7/26/2013Packet 3 mailed: 7/31/2013 (overnight)Packet 4 received: 8/9/2013Interview: 8/20/2013 Approved!Wedding Date: 10/26/2013 smile.pngAOS JourneyI-485/I-131/I-765 NOA1: 12/6/2013EAD/AP Approved: 2/11/2014<p>Notice of Interview Waiver: Received on 3/17/14 but dated 3/12/14

Approved 6/25/2014!

Timeline

Hi VJ family,

Can I change my address (the petitioner) while our case is at the Sydney consulate? I wasn't sure if I could still do it online through USCIS because I think my case is beyond USCIS now. Anyone else experienced this?

Thank you!

I always thought that the petitioner (US Citizen) can always go ahead and change their address on USCIS website regardless of where your file is. You would only have to be concerned if you were trying to change the beneficiary's address while your file is in transit which is my situation. I am the petitioner and my fiancee has changed her address so I will try to get NVC to change it before it leaves for the Consulate. I hope this information helps or you can in fact call USCIS and ask them for a suggestion until someone in similar situation posts the response.

Just for my knowledge, when was your file sent to Consulate? I just got my case number today from NVC so just trying to figure out how long will it take to get to Sydney.

Timeline

Hi Pacharya!

Thanks for responding. I recently moved and was wanting to change my address. I called NVC and they said since it is beyond USCIS, I can't change it with them. I have to wait for it to arrive at the consulate. Does anyone know differently?

My file (per the dhl tracking info on here) arrived in Sydney Friday, but I haven't received packet 3 yet. I got my case number on a Friday and my case was sent on a Tuesday (so 3 business days from case number to getting mailed off). Hope that helps!

I always thought that the petitioner (US Citizen) can always go ahead and change their address on USCIS website regardless of where your file is. You would only have to be concerned if you were trying to change the beneficiary's address while your file is in transit which is my situation. I am the petitioner and my fiancee has changed her address so I will try to get NVC to change it before it leaves for the Consulate. I hope this information helps or you can in fact call USCIS and ask them for a suggestion until someone in similar situation posts the response.

Just for my knowledge, when was your file sent to Consulate? I just got my case number today from NVC so just trying to figure out how long will it take to get to Sydney.

K-1 JourneyI-129F sent: 12/03/2012 (overnight)NOA1 printed on letter: 12/06/2012NOA1 text/email: 12/07/2012Transfer from VSC to TSC: 5/29/2013NOA2: 6/18/2013Notice of transfer to Dept of State: 7/10/2013Case received by NVC: 7/12/2013Packet 3 received: 7/26/2013Packet 3 mailed: 7/31/2013 (overnight)Packet 4 received: 8/9/2013Interview: 8/20/2013 Approved!Wedding Date: 10/26/2013 smile.pngAOS JourneyI-485/I-131/I-765 NOA1: 12/6/2013EAD/AP Approved: 2/11/2014<p>Notice of Interview Waiver: Received on 3/17/14 but dated 3/12/14

Approved 6/25/2014!

Timeline

Hi Pacharya!

Thanks for responding. I recently moved and was wanting to change my address. I called NVC and they said since it is beyond USCIS, I can't change it with them. I have to wait for it to arrive at the consulate. Does anyone know differently?

My file (per the dhl tracking info on here) arrived in Sydney Friday, but I haven't received packet 3 yet. I got my case number on a Friday and my case was sent on a Tuesday (so 3 business days from case number to getting mailed off). Hope that helps!

Hey, I am sorry. I think I am misunderstanding the situation.

May be because your file is already at the Consulate, NVC asked you to check there. I would call USCIS and still confirm if you have to file a change with them as well or not. Also, I guess have your fiance(e) carry the updated G-325a for you. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the update on your status, now I am just waiting for NVC to send out my case to Sydney.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.