gm33021

checklist questions k-1

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am putting together the package of documents to bring to the interview ( I am the petitioner and will accompany my fiancé) I have a couple of questions:

- Form DS-230 Part I, or Confirmation Page of the electronic form DS-260

* Is this the form that has a picture of my fiancé and barcode. and says in RED Letters "Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160)

- What does the DS-156K Look Like?

Wasn't the DS-156K sent in with Packet 3?

Other than the checklist, is there a post of photos of the forms of what's needed for the interview. Im just a little confused and my idiotic lawyer isn't much help. Also haven't most of the forms on the checklist included in the packet 3 that was collected.

Thanks

For k-1 applicant, you do not need to write DS-160. Instead you have to submit two copies of DS-156.

DS-156K is in the packet 3 and it is a form.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes forms DS156K and DS 230 were both in packet 3 and DS 156 is online and most of the forms can be found on this website.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

ds156....question 32- do you intend to work in the us. How is one to answer that question. yes my fiancé will loo.k for work when he is here but he does not have a employer yet.

any advice

event.png

qwjzd1l05.png

Timeline

Also I read that you do not need form I 864 for the k-1 visa just I-134, is this true?

Also I read that you do not need form I 864 for the k-1 visa just I-134, is this true?

For k-1 applicant, you do not need to write DS-160. Instead you have to submit two copies of DS-156.

DS-156K is in the packet 3 and it is a form.

Yes forms DS156K and DS 230 were both in packet 3 and DS 156 is online and most of the forms can be found on this website.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html

To both of the the above - THIS IS MONTREAL. This means ONLINE FORMS. Montreal does not accept paperforms. The K1 must complete online forms DS-160 and DS-260 if in Montreal or another online forms consulate.

Please note the location of this thread - Canada forum. :) Thanks for trying to help though.

ds156....question 32- do you intend to work in the us. How is one to answer that question. yes my fiancé will loo.k for work when he is here but he does not have a employer yet.

any advice

This is best asked in your own thread, in the K1 forum where it will be seen. This particular thread is in the Canada forum.

Yes.

I-864 is for when the beneficiary adjusts status after the wedding. :)

I am putting together the package of documents to bring to the interview ( I am the petitioner and will accompany my fiancé) I have a couple of questions:

- Form DS-230 Part I, or Confirmation Page of the electronic form DS-260

* Is this the form that has a picture of my fiancé and barcode. and says in RED Letters "Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160)

- What does the DS-156K Look Like?

Wasn't the DS-156K sent in with Packet 3?

Other than the checklist, is there a post of photos of the forms of what's needed for the interview. Im just a little confused and my idiotic lawyer isn't much help. Also haven't most of the forms on the checklist included in the packet 3 that was collected.

Thanks

If you're going through Montreal please follow the thread at the top of the page in the Canada forum. Montreal requires online forms. DS-160 and DS-260

The DS-156 is also an online form but is for everyone, it is printed out by hand and sent.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

To both of the the above - THIS IS MONTREAL. This means ONLINE FORMS. Montreal does not accept paperforms. The K1 must complete online forms DS-160 and DS-260 if in Montreal or another online forms consulate.

Please note the location of this thread - Canada forum. :) Thanks for trying to help though.

This is best asked in your own thread, in the K1 forum where it will be seen. This particular thread is in the Canada forum.

Yes.

I-864 is for when the beneficiary adjusts status after the wedding. :)

If you're going through Montreal please follow the thread at the top of the page in the Canada forum. Montreal requires online forms. DS-160 and DS-260

The DS-156 is also an online form but is for everyone, it is printed out by hand and sent.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline

Please note the location of this thread - Canada forum. smile.png Thanks for trying to help though.

Yes.

I-864 is for when the beneficiary adjusts status after the wedding. smile.png

NikkiR if you read my response you would have noticed that I said the form was ONLINE and gave the OP the link to Travel.State.gov which I do not think is exclusive to Ghana, Bangladesh or Timbuktu. It is the US online site which specifically tells you what is needed for the the Montreal Embassy. But if it makes you feel better to show how smarter you are than the rest then so be it.

event.png

NikkiR if you read my response you would have noticed that I said the form was ONLINE and gave the OP the link to Travel.State.gov which I do not think is exclusive to Ghana, Bangladesh or Timbuktu. It is the US online site which specifically tells you what is needed for the the Montreal Embassy. But if it makes you feel better to show how smarter you are than the rest then so be it.

It's NikiR thanks :D But I didn't read your link to be honest, and I should have. I just noted that you and the other poster were not in Canada. But again, thanks for trying to help and kudos even more if ya did!

I'm not trying to be smarter than anyone, if you read it that way, not my problem. Have a nice day and journey though. Hope everything works out for ya. :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

So pretty much all of the paperwork needed wasn't sent in with packet 3.

So what I will be bringing to the interview is:

- beneficiaries passport and copy of the biographic page

- 2 passport photos

- 2 copies of DS-260 not signed

- i134 support affidavit and co-sponsor

-police report

-medical exam

- evidence of relationship

-

Was this your packet 3?

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/packet3-k1-mtl.pdf

DS-260 is an online form available here: https://ceac.state.gov/iv/ I believe you'll need your beneficary ID from the NVC to complete it. At least I needed one for my visa type.

DS-230 is the one you can print from the DOS website: http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html

I may absolutely be completely incorrect about needing the DS-260 (I took that from your first post) but you will need the DS-160

I think you also need the I-134? or will they already have that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.