XShardaX

DEPORTATION / WAIVER / VISA... I'm all confused

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Ok guys, I got a doozy. I was married on Sept. 2 and my husband tried to go to the DMV to get an ID (for our marriage license). We were instructed that he needed a NYS license (we know now that is false). On Sept 27 he was detained and held in jail for one month. He was deported on Oct. 26 with a 10 year ban.

He's been in this country since he was 6 years old (24 years ago) and his parents tried everything including, marriage, political asylum, work visas and nothing worked. In 2002 he had a deporation order but never left. Eventually both his parents left him and disappeared.

He tried so many lawyers and wasted so much money on people who couldnt' help him. Now he's in a country where he doesn't know the customs or people and is having a incredibly difficult time there.

We were only married three weeks but never made it official because of the ID thing. I don't want him to have to wait out his 10 years and waivers usually take years for approval.

Does anyone have ideas or suggestions? I'm a citizen and our marriage is as real as they come. We were planning on starting a family right away and now it's hard because we're looking at a 10 year separation.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Sharda

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

sounds like you need an immigration lawyer

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Your case is extremely difficult, you need a lawyer or consider starting your life there. Just a thought, what would happen if you go to his country and marry there. Start the process there!!! I am not sure, maybe some other vj memeber can give you more input. Dont give up hope and pray.

March 18 2007 "Wedding Day"

AOS PROCESS BEGINS

May 4 - AOS/EAD Mailed

May 5 - USCIS Received Package

May 11 - Checks Cashed

May 20 - RFE - Received

June 13 - Touched RFE Documents Received

June 29,2007 - I-485 Transferred to California for processing

July 17, 2007 - Touched

July 18, 2007 - Touched

July 28, 2007 - Touched

July 30, 2007 - Work Authorization Received

I was married on Sept. 2 and my husband tried to go to the DMV to get an ID (for our marriage license) ... We were only married three weeks but never made it official because of the ID thing ... our marriage is as real as they come.

That's a tough situation and I wish you the best of luck with resolving it. But your information is a bit confusing - did you and your partner get married or not? Did you somehow get married without a marriage license? Do you mean you had a wedding ceremony without registering it?

GnG

August 2004: we meet

June 2005: engaged!

March 2006: I-129F submitted ...

... May: case recalled for IMBRA compliance ...

... August: NVC sends case file to Mexico (WRONG COUNTRY!!) ...

... October: London refuses to process I-824 ...

... January 2007: interview - visa approved!

January 17: entry into US

January 26: married! woo-hoo! together forever!

January 29: submitted I-485, I-765, I-131

February 2: NOAs for I-485, I-765, I-131

February 7: SS number

February 20: I-485 transferred to California SC

February 21: biometrics for I-485, I-765

February 23: NOA for I-485: FBI can't process fingerprints; new biometrics appointment

March 10: biometrics#2 for I-485

March 14: NOA for I-485: FBI can't process fingerprints; new biometrics appointment

March 29: biometrics#3 for I-485

April 16: AP issued

April 18: EAD issued

August 23: NOA for I-485: new biometrics appointment

September 15: biometrics#4 for I-485

oh sorry to hear that but i pray ull find a way to solve this...there's always a way...seek legal advice

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

If he has been deported.. there is little an attorney can do other than help you with the paperwork to get him back here based on his marriage to you... Once he is out of the US, the US Legal System cannot help him anymore...

If you have retained an attorney prior to his deportation, you may have been able to stop it.. but that's water under the bridge now...

Focus on what you can do... not on what you cannot do...

Retain an immigration attorney to help you file the necessary paperwork to get the process started...

I-129F, I-601 and I-212 Waivers to start with...

You may have to marry him first... depends on the advice of your attorney...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Ok guys, I got a doozy. I was married on Sept. 2 and my husband tried to go to the DMV to get an ID (for our marriage license). We were instructed that he needed a NYS license (we know now that is false). On Sept 27 he was detained and held in jail for one month. He was deported on Oct. 26 with a 10 year ban.

He's been in this country since he was 6 years old (24 years ago) and his parents tried everything including, marriage, political asylum, work visas and nothing worked. In 2002 he had a deporation order but never left. Eventually both his parents left him and disappeared.

He tried so many lawyers and wasted so much money on people who couldnt' help him. Now he's in a country where he doesn't know the customs or people and is having a incredibly difficult time there.

We were only married three weeks but never made it official because of the ID thing. I don't want him to have to wait out his 10 years and waivers usually take years for approval.

Does anyone have ideas or suggestions? I'm a citizen and our marriage is as real as they come. We were planning on starting a family right away and now it's hard because we're looking at a 10 year separation.

Thanks,

Sharda

What was his status for the past 24 years Legal or Illegal?

Has he worked in the past 24 years?

This is very important because it seems that USCIS is harder on people who have lived and worked Illegally in the US than some one who, say has a CIMT on there record and is filing the legal way from there country.

flag.gif

Filed: Timeline

Sharda:

I suggest that you give us the complete details of your deportation case.

I am confident that we can provide you exactly what you need to be done. We have already handled a very similar case in the past. Please email to us the complete facts of the case at gafs@regaininc.com

Likewise, try to visit our website www.regaininc.com for our profile.

I am looking forward to helping you resolve your problem on deportation.

www.regaininc.com

Thanks,

Sharda

REPORTED - PLEASE REFRAIN FROM TOUTING FOR BUSINESS.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

• 4 years later...
Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sharda:

I suggest that you give us the complete details of your deportation case.

I am confident that we can provide you exactly what you need to be done. We have already handled a very similar case in the past. Please email to us the complete facts of the case at gafs@regaininc.com

Likewise, try to visit our website www.regaininc.com for our profile.

I am looking forward to helping you resolve your problem on deportation.

www.regaininc.com

There is NO SUCH WEBSITE, at least not anymore. Had it been reputable in the first place, I would think it would still be there! Can't this web forum delete that post??? Isn't there a "webmaster".... ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mr. Barracuda - STOP resurrecting OLD THREADS! This one is is 4 1/2 years old!!!!! The issue you are complaining about was addressed 4 1/2 years ago. I am closing this thread to further discussion as well.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.