Dipikant

Confused about front loading relationship evidence (merged)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Have you all frontloaded at the I130 stage or at NVC stage also? I mean did you send your evidence of relationship to NVC along with your original civil documents? I have sent some evidence to USCIS but just wondering if I should send some more evidence at the NVC stage as well along with my IV packet. Any idea if USCIS sends all the documets submitted by us to NVC or only the I130 approval letter? Please help with your suggetions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Is it better to send evidence of relationship for CR1 visa at the I130 stage or at NVC stage ? Can I send evidence of relationship to NVC along with original civil documents? I have sent some evidence to USCIS but just wondering if I should send some more evidence at the NVC stage as well along with my IV packet. Any idea if USCIS sends all the documets submitted by us to NVC or only the I130 approval letter? Please help with your suggetions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure how it is for India.

When they send evidence with the IV packet, they send new and updated evidence.

Then, you bring more again (updated) to interview.

I don't think the stuff is forwarded as I saw my husband's case file yesterday and NONE of that stuff was in it.

oldlady.gif

From what I understand, the USCIS and NVC are looking at slightly different aspects of this. The USCIS is primarily concerned with establishing that indeed a proper, legal marriage took place....and that the marriage was made in good faith (and not fraudulent). I believe also a lot of the background checks are done in this stage of the process to "weed people out".

The NVC also wants to know that a proper marriage took place as well, and that is one of their concerns. But they also concerned with whether or not you have the proper finances to support the soon to be permanent resident, and whether or not the beneficiary is fit to get a visa.

When people talk about "front-loading" they are mainly referring to the I-130 petition evidence of a bona fide marriage. They are putting this evidence in the I-130, instead of trying to present it later in the process, during the interview stage. Since this type of evidence is open ended and not so clearly defined some people send 2 pieces of evidence, some people send 200 pieces of evidence here. The NVC documentation needed is very straightforward, and nobody really sends more than is necessary (except for maybe some technicalities when it comes to joint sponsorship, or sending extra tax returns).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

From what I understand, the USCIS and NVC are looking at slightly different aspects of this. The USCIS is primarily concerned with establishing that indeed a proper, legal marriage took place....and that the marriage was made in good faith (and not fraudulent). I believe also a lot of the background checks are done in this stage of the process to "weed people out".

The NVC also wants to know that a proper marriage took place as well, and that is one of their concerns. But they also concerned with whether or not you have the proper finances to support the soon to be permanent resident, and whether or not the beneficiary is fit to get a visa.

When people talk about "front-loading" they are mainly referring to the I-130 petition evidence of a bona fide marriage. They are putting this evidence in the I-130, instead of trying to present it later in the process, during the interview stage. Since this type of evidence is open ended and not so clearly defined some people send 2 pieces of evidence, some people send 200 pieces of evidence here. The NVC documentation needed is very straightforward, and nobody really sends more than is necessary (except for maybe some technicalities when it comes to joint sponsorship, or sending extra tax returns).

Plenty of people send proof of relationship in with NVC.

This is due to many of those harder consulates's basically acting like they'd already made up their minds before the interview.

NONE of my stuff was in my file at the consulate from the USCIS paperwork.

I mean, sure, maybe it was in a drawer somewhere, but it was NOT in the envelope they were carrying around and reviewing.

Also, based on how I've seen people say you get paperwork back that you accidentally sent, they don't forward it on to NVC.

SO, if you send proof with your IV packet, then it WILL get forwarded on and it's something for them to review if they're deciding ahead of time.

Then you bring more to interview.

I'd never EVER tell ANYONE here not to bring something just because it's 'not necessary'

You're better safe than sorry when it comes to sending evidence.

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.