BeanCamp

AP in Jamaica - How long can it really last

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We have been in AP over 7 weeks. Pretty much since 6/21 we have had CEAC updates weekly, usually on Tuesdays. At this point I don't know what to do or think. Orignially was going to involve congress person but embassy replied to my inquiry after I was told by DOS we were denied under 221(g). Embassy affirmed no descrepancy and case admin processing. Kingston site says admin can last 60 days so I guess have to wait till then before involving congress person...i hope I don't have to. I just really am at a loss. I wonder if I keep emailing the embassy will it futher delay our processing? We have no missing documents, not criminals. Initially i thought it could be name snag but then why so many CEAC updates? Wouldn't they stop processing (i.e. status updates on CEAC site) if sending to DC?

I searched all Jamaica K1 timelines and longest one to receive visa after interveiw was 73 days. Gosh I hope not.

I know there aren't many options, but any advice anyone could offer is appreciated.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

there really is no rhyme or reason on what is going on with the embassy. our visa said issued last week, 5 weeks post interview, mind u,but still no visa in hand, no waybill info, no nothing i email them every day several times a day, they dont respond,... so i understand what its like to be in limbo, specially being technically done, but not yet done...kmt!

i wud tell u to hang in there, but being told that constantly is maddening, im so irritated i could kick a dog ( i wont, but still)

keep emailing.... they gotta respond at some point, they lucky they get to hide behind a keyboard, otherwise id be blowing their phone lines up

Edited by rohandlulu

09/27/2012 Engaged in Jamaica

12/4/2012 Texas Service Center received paperwork USPS delivery conf

12/5/2012 Touched

12/7/2012 Check cashed

12/7/2012 NOA1 sent email and SMS text..forwarded to California Service Center

12/11/2012 Website updated initial review

12/13/2012 NOA1 hardcopy received

04/16/2013 Website updated*** APPROVED!!

04/19/2013 NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

05/30/2013 medical appt

06/13/2013 interview day!! ---APPROVED!!!!

Ceac website: two weeks in "ready "

Ceac website: one week in "AP"

Ceac website: one week back in "ready"

07/10/2013 ceac website -visa:issued..no airbill number

07/15/2013 still no visa kng embassy is ran by incompetent baboons

07/17/2013 notified visa w/dhl

07/18/2013 fiance picked up visa

08/04/2013 POE

08/08/2013 Wedding Day

08/26/2013 mailed AOS,EAD,AP paperwork

08/28/2013 tracking conf papers delivered

09/04/2013 3 txt msgs recvd with cases #s

09/06/2013 check cashed

09/09/2013 recvd all (3) Noa1 hardcopies

10/01/2013 Biometrics appt (hoping to do a walk in)--successful walk in done 9-16

10/31/2013 EAD/AP approved

11/09/2013 EAD/AP in hand!

01/27/2013 Green Card in production!!

01/31/2013 Received a "welcome to America "letter

02/05/2014 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!

Filed: Timeline

My personal beliefs is that constamt emailing leads to delay & being ignored,

don't get me wrong one should send emails re: concerns on delay, but I read

Jamaica can take up to 10 wks to issue visa, bear in mind visa have to be printed

for thousands and if issued the green receipt & approved, all one can do is wait,

that's the reason they advise ppl not to purchase tickets, sell stuff or resign jobs

untol visa is in hand & the same reason that gives U 6 mths to depart after one

receives the visa ( 6 mths to get your business in order after its issued),

Even though JA does not stay in AP as MENA countries, its possible in

any country for dragged out AP and its nothing to change the wait

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You have to stay on them because of their incompetency ...they called my fiance telling us we need to tell dhl to come get our visa.... that's not the process.. that was done when we registered for dhl service. U can say it takes 10 weeks but there are so many instances where the embassy is just effing up. Waiting to hear from them first gets u screwed

09/27/2012 Engaged in Jamaica

12/4/2012 Texas Service Center received paperwork USPS delivery conf

12/5/2012 Touched

12/7/2012 Check cashed

12/7/2012 NOA1 sent email and SMS text..forwarded to California Service Center

12/11/2012 Website updated initial review

12/13/2012 NOA1 hardcopy received

04/16/2013 Website updated*** APPROVED!!

04/19/2013 NOA2 Hardcopy recieved

05/30/2013 medical appt

06/13/2013 interview day!! ---APPROVED!!!!

Ceac website: two weeks in "ready "

Ceac website: one week in "AP"

Ceac website: one week back in "ready"

07/10/2013 ceac website -visa:issued..no airbill number

07/15/2013 still no visa kng embassy is ran by incompetent baboons

07/17/2013 notified visa w/dhl

07/18/2013 fiance picked up visa

08/04/2013 POE

08/08/2013 Wedding Day

08/26/2013 mailed AOS,EAD,AP paperwork

08/28/2013 tracking conf papers delivered

09/04/2013 3 txt msgs recvd with cases #s

09/06/2013 check cashed

09/09/2013 recvd all (3) Noa1 hardcopies

10/01/2013 Biometrics appt (hoping to do a walk in)--successful walk in done 9-16

10/31/2013 EAD/AP approved

11/09/2013 EAD/AP in hand!

01/27/2013 Green Card in production!!

01/31/2013 Received a "welcome to America "letter

02/05/2014 GREEN CARD IN HAND!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm right in the same boat, It's crazy at the amount of time it takes to complete the process of looking over paper work that has already been looked over by a few different government agencies before it was shipped there. If they were working as much as the person who is updating the status it would have been done! They are quick at taking payments but not at completing jobs.. This ish is ridiculous

45gxhr9.png

Timeline

My personal beliefs is that constamt emailing leads to delay & being ignored,

don't get me wrong one should send emails re: concerns on delay, but I read

Jamaica can take up to 10 wks to issue visa, bear in mind visa have to be printed

for thousands and if issued the green receipt & approved, all one can do is wait,

that's the reason they advise ppl not to purchase tickets, sell stuff or resign jobs

untol visa is in hand & the same reason that gives U 6 mths to depart after one

receives the visa ( 6 mths to get your business in order after its issued),

Even though JA does not stay in AP as MENA countries, its possible in

any country for dragged out AP and its nothing to change the wait

Timeline

Do u speak from experience regarding email? Your timeline does not display. I can't understad how k1'ers after us are issued. Another k1'er same interview date still not issued either. They were mssng a doc which was submitted ad acknowledged. Got the green stub do not sure what the problem is.

Timeline

Administrative Processing Information

PrintEmail

Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicants interview by a Consular Officer. Applicants are advised of this requirement when they apply. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Visa applicants are reminded to apply early for their visa, well in advance of the anticipated travel date.

Important Notice: Before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives will need to wait at least 60 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.