loughrey101

Who to contact regarding K1 application status other than embassy?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm wondering if there is any other department other than the Embassy to contact regarding the status of your application? It is impossible to get in contact with my embassy, either by email or phone, or letter, since they don't reply. So I need another avenue to follow to find some information on the status of my case. I haven't heard anything in 3 weeks now and they were supposed to contact me me prior to sending the application of readiness but didn't. I'm anxious to know if they even received my documents or sent out my interview letter because there is an expiration limit on the petition and I want to make sure I have everything well in advance before then. Thanks guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm wondering if there is any other department other than the Embassy to contact regarding the status of your application? It is impossible to get in contact with my embassy, either by email or phone, or letter, since they don't reply. So I need another avenue to follow to find some information on the status of my case. I haven't heard anything in 3 weeks now and they were supposed to contact me me prior to sending the application of readiness but didn't. I'm anxious to know if they even received my documents or sent out my interview letter because there is an expiration limit on the petition and I want to make sure I have everything well in advance before then. Thanks guys!

If CSC handled the case don't worry about it. Relax!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Do you have your DOS case file number?

Please consider reviewing the K-1 Flowchart for more information:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Happy trails.

~~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

If CSC handled the case don't worry about it. Relax!

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure what CSC is but I don't think they did. Just USCIS, NVC and the consulate handled my case as far as I know. It's just frustrating not knowing whether your documents were even received by the relevant department. I sent them by registered and there were simply signed my a person called 'Margaret' so I don't know whether that was the embassy or someone else. The Irish postal system is notorious for sending things to the wrong address so I'm not trusting them.

Timeline

Do you have your DOS case file number?

Please consider reviewing the K-1 Flowchart for more information:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Happy trails.

~~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~~

Thanks A&B but according to that I should have received my interview long ago. I notice that quite a few Irish people have received their packet 4 consistently in 6 days for the last few weeks but I have heard no word. They were supposed to send me details of the police certificate once I sent in the DS-230 form and I did about 2 months ago but heard nothing. They should really have a status system like USCIS has.

Hi

maybe this is not reply to your concrete case but I am having troubles in my embassy too, and wonder who can I contact more to have some explanations.

Lady who I spoke to an hour ago told me that she does not have still available dates for interview, since she did not get it from someone ( she told me it is NVC who has to provide those info to embassies), so I am waiting.

and it is driving me crazy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure what CSC is but I don't think they did. Just USCIS, NVC and the consulate handled my case as far as I know. It's just frustrating not knowing whether your documents were even received by the relevant department. I sent them by registered and there were simply signed my a person called 'Margaret' so I don't know whether that was the embassy or someone else. The Irish postal system is notorious for sending things to the wrong address so I'm not trusting them.

Your petition was sent to CSC and you said on a previous post that CSC were lenient!

Which embassy has your case been sent to? London? Things are moving slowly there at the moment.

Timeline

Your petition was sent to CSC and you said on a previous post that CSC were lenient!

Which embassy has your case been sent to? London? Things are moving slowly there at the moment.

Thanks very much Jacque. I wasn't sure of the abbreviation. Yes, iit was sent to the California center. It's with the embassy now and it's Dublin. I was fortunate because I made a big complaint about the embassy on their Facebook wall and I got a call from them awhile ago to say a staff member who is over the Facebook account told them of my frustration and so a consular called me to let me know what is going on. So the girl said they have the documents I sent and are in the process of preparing for an interview date. That's really great news to hear! Thanks for much for all the help! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.