hamzakhan

New to this website(need help)!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi,

I m paki origion living in australia as a student.My gf is american. we gona marry in december. the dillema is i was confused wheather should we marry in pak or in australia. marrying here will speed up the process or marrying in pak is better???? please give ur suggestions??? i would highly appriciate. thanks in Advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It doesn't mater, as long as you are marrying legally it doesn't mater which country you marry in. You can later interview for the spousal visa in whichever country you are legally resident.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

i read alot of posts.the thing which i have seen so far is paki boys mostly putted on AP. this thing is worrying me . what if i marry in pak i will also be putted on AP? and if i marry in australia it will be quicker as compare to islamabad ambassy. may be they wont put me on AP. if they do it will be for a short time? what do u say.Thanks for replying anyway

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

AP is based on where you were born and your name and religion, not based on where you get married. If you are a young male muslim originally from Pakistan, chances are you will face a few months of AP, and it won;t matter one bit where you got married.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I would say get married in Australia and apply from there. Background check in Pakistan is so slow and AP is taking forever for my husband, without any information or idea of whats going on or what will happen next.

Timeline

hmm. Since i dont know alot of people in australia. If i marry here who would i Invite? lol. if i hold alilttle big ceremoney here. it gona cost me alot. is it okay to just Do nikah here with having ceremoney of 2,3 people will be fine? or Ambassy will require alot of people attending ceremoney with bundle of people with full complete photoshot,video,huge family relatives etc?

Most likely if we marry here me and my gf will be there on the occaision of marriage with 3,4 friends of mine.

thanks alot of guiding me sam and irish swiss friend:)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

If you don't know many people in Australia then I would say get married in Pakistan. Its traditional to host big weddings with all relatives there so getting married in Australia with 2, 3 people tends to look like a fake marriage you are trying to hide from family.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.