janw

NVC requesting police certificate and divorce AGAIN

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Well...supervisor looked at the checklist and now my forgien husband has to send in police certificate and divorce papers in AGAIN...I wonder how long it will take them to look this over again..Hubby is going to the foreign affairs office to get a TRUSTED police record and Im getting the divorce papers here in the United states..he married an American before but when he went back to Denmark they decided that they didn't want to be married...that was 10 yrs ago..so he will send me his police cert and I will have gotten the divorce papers from Arkansas for him..put it all 2gether and mail it off..This all is becoming ridiculous..How much do you have to prove for heavens sake!!!!!..we are both older..never ever been ibn trouble so No police record are bad...Im just tired of the waiting game

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Remember, this is the US Government - no common sense involved. The immigration worker just follows the guide lines established so they do not get in trouble. Seriously your RFE will be approved quickly once they get the papers. Denmark is not a high fraud country so you should have smoother processing. Good Luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

If you get the copy of the divorce papers, get several copies just in case.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Yes thank you both..and Yes going to get 2 certified copies of divorce. And I sure hope this will be done as Its becoming more costly as it goes on.And yes I know the Govt..Im retired from the army so I really Know how they can be lol.

Timeline

I really think I know the problem tho..he took my last name once we married when He went back to Denmark..he kept his old name on his passport..everything else is In my last name he changed over...UGH..I really wish he never changed it and yes its very unusual to take the womans last name...but he liked my name better..I think this is the problem cause he cant get some docs In Jensen(his old name)..all comes up in witter now..my name......but his SSN is always the same so the NVC needs to start looking at the numbers of his ss card and not the name..its all the same..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.