Sirupy Tuna

When do I need to bring to my POE?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi everyone

17 months and 22 days since we filed our I-130, I am finally approved and ready to make my entry for the USA. My POE will be Chicago on the 19th.

My husband is dyslexic, so I've been on my own through most of this process. It's been such a long haul, and at this point it seems like every time I try to read through the official information links, I get dizzy... I feel spent, but at the same time very excited to start our life together!

What I'm trying to figure out right now is what exactly do I need to bring at my my POE? I know the envelope I received from the Embassy, as well as the chest X-ray CD. Anything else? I'm terrified that something will go wrong during this final step.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked a billion times before... And thank you in advance for you help!

Edited by Sirupy Tuna
married.png

Hi everyone

17 months and 22 days since we filed our I-130, I am finally approved and ready to make my entry for the USA. My POE will be Chicago on the 19th.

My husband is dyslexic, so I've been on my own through most of this process. It's been such a long haul, and at this point it seems like every time I try to read through the official information links, I get dizzy... I feel spent, but at the same time very excited to start our life together!

What I'm trying to figure out right now is what exactly do I need to bring at my my POE? I know the envelope I received from the Embassy, as well as the chest X-ray CD. Anything else? I'm terrified that something will go wrong during this final step.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked a billion times before... And thank you in advance for you help!

You will hand over the sealed envelope and get to keep the X-ray. You will show passport with visa and they will stamp the visa and that will act as your GC until the actual card arrives--you may or may not be taken to a secondary screening area, I would go to the POE reviews here on VJ and look over ORD here. You pick up your bags and go thru Customs and hand over the Customs Declaration form and then got to your connecting flight if you have one. Depending on time of day and the number of international flights arriving, this can be a quick process or take a while. At Denver, it took longer for the bags to get there then it did to go thru immigration but she was on a K-1 visa not a CR-1/IR-1.

I would just relax and go with the flow,

Congrats on getting this far in the process,

Dave

When you POE on a CR1 you will go into secondary because they will require 2 fingerprints with 2 signatures. Bring your "do not open" envelope and your xrays (they may or may not take them) and your passport. HAND CARRY the envelope except for when you're on the plane and can store it in a safe location. Do not put it into carry on bags or your luggage.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thanks both! I have a connecting flight to Madison, so I hope everything will go smooth. I know the lines are sometimes extremely long in ORD, but I do have 2 hours before my connection. If I miss it, they have always put me on the next plane in stead.

married.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.