jetlagged

US EM in Abu Dhabi Interview - CENOMAR

12 posts in this topic

Hope you are all well!

I have received a letter from US Embassy in Abu Dhabi abt my interview on October.
In the letter, nothing was mentioned about bringing CENOMAR/ Cert of No Marriage but I have been seeing Filipinas working/residing here in UAE that they brought it to their interviews. I wonder if in their appointment letters, is it specifically states to bring cenomar?

Also, for the Dubai Police Cert, can u let me know how to obtain it?

Thanks in advance!

CENOMAR is one of the requirement to prove that your fiance can legally marry... so it is a MUST... (by the way, is your fiance is a filipina?)

Police Records

Available, only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport.

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

Local Requests:
You should apply in person at the police department of the emirate. You will be required to present the following documents:

• your original passport, as well a copy;
  • a copy of your resident visa;
  • three photographs; and
  • applicable fees.
  • Dubai
    Criminal Investigation Department
    Dubai Police General Headquarters
    P.O. Box 1493, Dubai, UAE
    Telephone: 971-4-2013471

"God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

- Hebrew 11:40

Cenomar is required if you are marrying a Filipino. There's no harm on checking it and getting a copy.

A friend of mine intended to marry in Abu Dhabi too. Asked her mom to get CENOMAR for her. Ending up she already got married. Someone used her name. Now she can't get married need to spend a lot of money to clear her own name. =(

Another useful site : http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph/cenomar

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Thanks so much for the info guys!

Fiancee was in Phil Consulateto secure NBI clearance but it turned out they will just give you fingerprint card and she has to go to Dubai CID for finger printing, then go back to the phil consulate for some more processing then we have to send the papers including authorization letter to manila and have someone secure it for her.

for the police cert, she will apply for it probably on Sept as her interview will be on Oct.bec we heard validity is only 3 mos

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

hi, im isabel, filipina. curently living and working here in Doha, Qatar. Since my interview will be conducted here in Doha and we're on a same case i thought you could help me out with my case since ive been so stressed and worried about our application.

here's my story: using my case number given by the NVC through the website ceac.state.gov :

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Case Creation Date: 29-Jul-2013 Status Updated Date: 25-Aug-2013
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.
But unfortunately until now i have not receive any appointment letters or Packet 3 yet from the embassy here in Doha. i am so worried be the cause of delay our process and im so lost what will be the next step.how long does it takes for you to receive your letter from the embassy upto the day that your case is approved for interview? i know your advise and tips will be a big help for me. so i want to say thank you in advance and hope to hear from you very soon.. God Bless and goodluck!! ;)

hi, im isabel, filipina. curently living and working here in Doha, Qatar. Since my interview will be conducted here in Doha and we're on a same case i thought you could help me out with my case since ive been so stressed and worried about our application.

here's my story: using my case number given by the NVC through the website ceac.state.gov :

U.S. Department of State

IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Ready
Immigrant Visa Case Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Case Creation Date: 29-Jul-2013 Status Updated Date: 25-Aug-2013
Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at:http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.
But unfortunately until now i have not receive any appointment letters or Packet 3 yet from the embassy here in Doha. i am so worried be the cause of delay our process and im so lost what will be the next step.how long does it takes for you to receive your letter from the embassy upto the day that your case is approved for interview? i know your advise and tips will be a big help for me. so i want to say thank you in advance and hope to hear from you very soon.. God Bless and goodluck!! wink.png

Hello!

We got our NOA2 SMS and email June 7th and received the email from US Embassy Abu Dhabi on July 7th. So after NOA2, we waited for a month to get our interview date which is scheduled on October.

If you already waited for more than a month, I think you have to try to get in touch with the embassy in Doha. Check the consulate info so you would know more about the possible time frame and how they send you the packet 3 and 4. It varies depending on the consulate/embassy.

If anything, dont hesitate to PM me here. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hello!

We got our NOA2 SMS and email June 7th and received the email from US Embassy Abu Dhabi on July 7th. So after NOA2, we waited for a month to get our interview date which is scheduled on October.

If you already waited for more than a month, I think you have to try to get in touch with the embassy in Doha. Check the consulate info so you would know more about the possible time frame and how they send you the packet 3 and 4. It varies depending on the consulate/embassy.

If anything, dont hesitate to PM me here. smile.png

Thank you for the info... i already emailed and called them time but got no clear answer.

can i ask are you or the embassy itself scheduled your interview?! coz that also not so clear for me... after you got your interview dates from the embassy, did you guys submit any forms to the embassy? and can you please tell what are the required documents for the interview?!

i know its alot of questions, but you're the only one can ask or relate with. thanks again.. yes.gif

and can i ask are you a pinoy?! just asking... ;)

Even if I answer all your questions, it may not be of help to you coz we have diff embassy.

I have no idea abt Doha but in Abu Dhabi, they sent us an email containing all instructions abt accredited hosp for the medical and required documents. All sent via email to the petitioner. Nothing to submit prior to the interview.

Required docs are the usual DS forms, affidavit of support and attachments, police clearances, photos and medical results.

As what I mentioned earlier, it may differ in Doha. You just need to wait for the letter bec everything you need to know will be there. Or I hope you find someone here in VJ who underwent K1 process in Doha.

One thing I learned in this process.. do not worry too much, wait patiently without grumbling and keep praying. :)

All will be beautiful in His time :)

• 2 months later...

Hi!, Im Joanna, also from Ph but currently living in Dubai, I will have my interview on Dec. 11 (which is less than a month away) amd Im getting very anxious right now. First of all, I never received any emails, phone calls or any documents from the embassy, my fiance received an email from the consulate in US stating my interview date but thats all we have. Second, it was never mentioned that CENOMAR is required, so now I would like to ask again from those who had their K1 visa interview if they submitted a CENOMAR or Certificate on Non Marriage to the consulate during the interview? And third, how long did it take (for those who had their k1 visa) or will it take to received the visa stamped on the passport after the interview date?

I will be needing your feedback to somehow make me stop from worrying and thinking so much. thank you! :)

Hi there! First off, they will not send you any correspondence. Your interview schedule together with the list of required documents and accredited clinics for the medical will be sent to your petitioner. Secondly, in my experience, CENOMAR isnt in the list of required documents but I had it ready too as what the veterans here in VJ advised me. And during my interview, they didnt specifically asked for the CENOMAR but when she asked me all the documents I have she took the cenomar anyway.

I applied for a CENOMAR online thru this link http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph/cenomar . You can pay online or ask a relative to pay it at any bayad center. Once payment has been paid, they will deliver the certificate to your desired address of a relative. Ask them to send it to you here in Dubai via courier. That's your best option. it will take you probably 1 week if you start taking action now.

After you got approved they will ask you to come back after a week to pick up your passport with the visa on it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.