mamichou

Urgent please help

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

On DS156 my lawyer made 3 small errors ( wrong work number , wrong items marked no instead of yes)

I called to ask her to redo it but she said once the barcode is produced you cannot change form. She advised to use black ink pen to correct.

Do you think that it is acceptable to correct with black ink after form is printed

The help will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

On DS156 my lawyer made 3 small errors ( wrong work number , wrong items marked no instead of yes)

I called to ask her to redo it but she said once the barcode is produced you cannot change form. She advised to use black ink pen to correct.

Do you think that it is acceptable to correct with black ink after form is printed

Thank you

Your lawyer is wrong.. You can redo the form if necessary

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Your lawyer is wrong. Follow these actions: 1-redo the DS (it would generate a new Barcode with the correct information). 2- Bookmark visajourney in your browser for easy acces to help you during the rest of your visa process. 3-Tell your lawyer that she/he sucks and that you would not even trust him/her with the easiest case ever. 4-Save your money for better things than a lawyer for this process.

Edited by Espanyol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Your lawyer is wrong. Follow these actions: 1-redo the DS (it would generate a new Barcode with the correct information). 2- Bookmark visajourney in your browser for easy acces to help you during the rest of your visa process. 3-Tell your lawyer that she/he sucks and that you would not even trust him/her with the easiest case ever. 4-Save your money for better things than a lawyer for this process.

Haha great advise! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No. Your lawyer is a moron.

Generating the form/barcode is NOT linked to your case until you send that information to USCIS. Even then, if there's a mistake, you of course need to redo it.

All the barcode is, is a digital version of the information you have entered. So, by changing the form with "black ink" the barcode would be wrong! It no longer reflects the information contained in the form.

I suggest you either redo it yourself (there is a website), or instruct her to do it. Tell her it is your case and she needs to do what you tells her. She works for you. She advises you on the law, she doesn't tell you what you want.

Just to confirm - you have the forms and you're supposed to send them? Or has she already completed them and sent them?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Your lawyer is simply ignorant or too lazy to redo the form. The information entered on the form is used to create the barcode. Nothing is 'sent' to the consulate when you fill out the form online. You can redo it as many times as it takes to get it correct. Once you have all the correct information and print it out with the barcode, make a duplicate copy of the correct one and give those to your consulate.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you

I know you were already informed ... but I want to say.

You lawyer is full of sheeeeeeeee.....it. laughing.gif The barcode is all the information entered onto the form coded.

You can redo the form, WITHOUT you lawyer to screw it up.

Here is the form, complete it online, follow the instructions.. all is good! :thumbs:

https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wow, I hope that you are able to correct your lawyer's errors, again headbonk.gif ...necessitating yet another urgent plea for help.wow.gif Glad the VJ community has been able to be of assistance. Is your lawyer paying you, or are you paying him to correct his errors?

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.