paisita411

Approved I-130 Recieved says my beneficiary is in the US!!!!!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok...this is what my I-130 says: The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. He should contact the local INS office to obtain Form I-485.... If the beneficiary decides to apply for a visa outside the US based on this petition, the petitioner should file FORM I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, with this office to request that we send the petition to the Department of State National Visa Center.

I though they would forward this automatically to the NVC??? There is nothing in my cover letter nor I-130 application that indicates my spouse has EVER been inside the US. Is this just a typo??? I need everyones advice.

Also, why would we prefer to pay for a trip to Bogota for an interview on the I-130 (we're also approved for the K3) instead of just filing for a AOS? What is the advantage to doing this?

7/19/06 - Married in Medellin

9/4/06 - Submitted I-130

9/18/06 - NOA1 Recieved

9/25/06 - Submitted I-129F

9/27/06 - NOA1 Recieved

11/22/06 - NOA2 Recieved for BOTH I-129F & I-130(APPROVED!!!)

1/22/07 - 1st Interview in Bogota (221g Issued, new appointment scheduled)

02/16/07 - 2nd Interview (Visa Denied)

2/21/07 - Contacted Senator Saxby Chambliss GA for Assitance

7/23/07 - 3rd Interview - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

11/13/07 - POE - JFK

AOS...A new journey begins

2/7/08 - AOS Officially In Mail _ Overnight Mail to Chicgo

2/8/08 - Recieved in Chicago

2/14/08 - NOA1 Recieved

3/11/08 - Biometrics Appointment

4/11/08 - Recv'd Email - EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered

4/15/08 - Recv'd EAD Card, Applied for SS Card

4/21/08 - Recv'd SS Card

4/20/09 - Interview Date

6/12/09 - AOS Approved

7/25/09 - Received Green Card in Mail

4/23/11 - 2nd Interview - Approved Lifted Conditions

12/13/2012 - Naturalization Ceremony (FINALLY OVER)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noted in your timeline that your I-129F has been approved and I think this is why this is happening. Tony & Olgo reported same yesterday. See this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43959

What it is looking like at this early stage is that if anyone files the I-129F for the K-3 that the USCIS are going to automatically assume that once it is approved that AOS will be sought in the US from the K-3. That really sucks if this is a part of their new process that they implemented. Gone will be the days of hedging ones bets with the IR/CR-1 and K-3 if this proves to be the case. Its going to be one or the other unless you submit the I-824 and pay an additional $200 once the I-130 is approved.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Timeline

OskaryAndrea,

How did you answer Q C.22 on your I-130? Read the question again, carefully. It appears that USCIS is taking it literally.

Yodrak

Ok...this is what my I-130 says: The above petition has been approved. The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status. He should contact the local INS office to obtain Form I-485.... If the beneficiary decides to apply for a visa outside the US based on this petition, the petitioner should file FORM I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition, with this office to request that we send the petition to the Department of State National Visa Center.

I though they would forward this automatically to the NVC??? There is nothing in my cover letter nor I-130 application that indicates my spouse has EVER been inside the US. ....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks for all the help from everyone. I couldn't do this think without you!!!

Both my I-130 and I-129 were approved on the same day 11/22/06

I left Q C.22 completely blank. I doesn't to apply to my case because my spouse in NOT in the US.

OskaryAndrea,

How did you answer Q C.22 on your I-130? Read the question again, carefully. It appears that USCIS is taking it literally.

Yodrak

I though they would forward this automatically to the NVC??? There is nothing in my cover letter nor I-130 application that indicates my spouse has EVER been inside the US. ....

7/19/06 - Married in Medellin

9/4/06 - Submitted I-130

9/18/06 - NOA1 Recieved

9/25/06 - Submitted I-129F

9/27/06 - NOA1 Recieved

11/22/06 - NOA2 Recieved for BOTH I-129F & I-130(APPROVED!!!)

1/22/07 - 1st Interview in Bogota (221g Issued, new appointment scheduled)

02/16/07 - 2nd Interview (Visa Denied)

2/21/07 - Contacted Senator Saxby Chambliss GA for Assitance

7/23/07 - 3rd Interview - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

11/13/07 - POE - JFK

AOS...A new journey begins

2/7/08 - AOS Officially In Mail _ Overnight Mail to Chicgo

2/8/08 - Recieved in Chicago

2/14/08 - NOA1 Recieved

3/11/08 - Biometrics Appointment

4/11/08 - Recv'd Email - EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered

4/15/08 - Recv'd EAD Card, Applied for SS Card

4/21/08 - Recv'd SS Card

4/20/09 - Interview Date

6/12/09 - AOS Approved

7/25/09 - Received Green Card in Mail

4/23/11 - 2nd Interview - Approved Lifted Conditions

12/13/2012 - Naturalization Ceremony (FINALLY OVER)

OskaryAndrea,

In which case I agree with you - the USCIS is wrong to say "The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status." But my sense is that this is a poorly worded statement and does not accurately (literally) reflect the the idea behind it.

At the same time, how did you clearly indicate on your I-130 petition that your spouse wants to apply for an immigrant visa rather than apply for adjustment of status after entering the USA as a K3? The public announcement says that the USCIS will assume adjustment unless the petitioner clearly indicates otherwise.

Another good idea by the USCIS, and another poor implementation.

Yodrak

I left Q C.22 completely blank. I doesn't to apply to my case because my spouse in NOT in the US.

OskaryAndrea,

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

OskaryAndrea,

In which case I agree with you - the USCIS is wrong to say "The petition indicates that the person for whom you are petitioning is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status." But my sense is that this is a poorly worded statement and does not accurately (literally) reflect the the idea behind it.

At the same time, how did you clearly indicate on your I-130 petition that your spouse wants to apply for an immigrant visa rather than apply for adjustment of status after entering the USA as a K3? The public announcement says that the USCIS will assume adjustment unless the petitioner clearly indicates otherwise.

Another good idea by the USCIS, and another poor implementation.

Yodrak

OskaryAndrea,

Yodrak

Andrea & Oscar,

This is exactly the same thing that happened to me also! But I clearly marked mine with the X for not being in the US and would be using Bogota for my issueing of the VISA!

I called them on this and they said I did not have to submit this I 824 or the $200.00, if I sent them a cover letter explaining that my I 130 was mis-read and to include the copy of my I 130 and Approcal notice. They said this would allow them to release the I 130 and forward it on to NVC. But I am not going to worry with the I 130 now because the I 129F will be faster and less expensive in the short run!

Best of luck!

Tony

Tony & Olga

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

Marriage : 2006-08-18

I-130 Sent : 2006-09-05

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-25

I-129F Sent : 2006-10-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-10-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-11-15

NVC Received : 2006-11-27

NVC Left : 2006-12-05

Consulate Received : 2006-12-07

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-13

Packet 4 Received : 2007-01-06

Interview Date : 2007-01-22

Seems like Q. 22C is a bit poorly worded/formatted. I just read the part:

"Complete the section below if your relative is in US and will apply for adjustment of status.

Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at USCIS office in:..."

Didn't realize there was a follow-up

"If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status, he or she will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in .."

So I left them both blank :(

What would happen now?

My wife got K3 and should be coming over sometime in January. We would actually prefer for her to do AOS here rather than having to fly back for this #######. Her I130 is still stuck in VSC which seems to have slowed down to a crawl.

Thoughts... ?

Thx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

"Complete the section below if your relative is in US and will apply for adjustment of status.

Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at USCIS office in:..."

"If your relative is not eligible for adjustment of status, he or she will apply for a visa abroad at the American consular post in .."

What would happen now?

My wife got K3 and should be coming over sometime in January. We would actually prefer for her to do AOS here rather than having to fly back for this #######. Her I130 is still stuck in VSC which seems to have slowed down to a crawl.

Thoughts... ?

Thx

I would say if you're going to do the AOS then nothing has to be done at this point. I think it's more geared toward couples petitioning for both the CR-1 & K3. Well I know this whole question is giving me a headache. No definite answer but Tony & Olga makes the most sense to me right now. I guess by leaving blank they will hold it but by answering you stand a chance w/it being transferred to the NVC eventually. Someone please tell me if I am alone in this. I want to send my petition off but I am so confused on this one question.....

Edited by nyseness

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Nepats,

I am not sure of the correct way to answer this question. I have read and re-read the question and I still think the way I answered it on my I 130 would be the correct way. I wrote NA in the first part and then Bogota for VISA issuance. But I am neither an attorney, nor an expert at this. But I have read my share of legal documents and usually interpret them correctly. If you read the leading statement at the beginning of question #22 and apply reasonable logic to this, then you would skip on to the next question. But I tend to read everyhing and sometimes, read more into things then maybe I should!

Maybe someone here can better address this question!

What would happen now?

Thoughts... ?

Thx

Tony & Olga

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

Marriage : 2006-08-18

I-130 Sent : 2006-09-05

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-25

I-129F Sent : 2006-10-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-10-19

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-11-15

NVC Received : 2006-11-27

NVC Left : 2006-12-05

Consulate Received : 2006-12-07

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-12-13

Packet 4 Received : 2007-01-06

Interview Date : 2007-01-22

nepats,

What's going to happen now is just what you want to happen - the USCIS will hold on to the I-130 after approving it and so will have it readily available when your spouse applies to adjust status.

My wifes adjustment was delayed after her interview in part because my approved I-130 was with the DoS at the time, and her adjustment application could not be approved until it was returned to CIS.

Yodrak

So I left them both blank

What would happen now?

Thoughts... ?

Thx

What would happen now?

Thoughts... ?

Thx

I would say if you're going to do the AOS then nothing has to be done at this point. I think it's more geared toward couples petitioning for both the CR-1 & K3. Well I know this whole question is giving me a headache. No definite answer but Tony & Olga makes the most sense to me right now. I guess by leaving blank they will hold it but by answering you stand a chance w/it being transferred to the NVC eventually. Someone please tell me if I am alone in this. I want to send my petition off but I am so confused on this one question.....

It seems from early cases that regardless whether this question is answered or not, they are retaining the I-130 if there is an I-129F approved. As has been said in this and other threads, Q22 does not clearly indicate that one wishes to apply for a visa at a consulate abroad. I'm not sure what the correct thing to do is as there is nowhere on the form to clearly indicate.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's exactly what my first impression was. Sigh.

It seems from early cases that regardless whether this question is answered or not, they are retaining the I-130 if there is an I-129F approved. As has been said in this and other threads, Q22 does not clearly indicate that one wishes to apply for a visa at a consulate abroad. I'm not sure what the correct thing to do is as there is nowhere on the form to clearly indicate.
Edited by riblet

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure if our experience weighs in here or not....

I answered "n/a" on Q 22 of the I-130. I did not clearly indicate that we would prefer to apply for a visa at a consulate abroad. At the time I think I was assuming the k-3 would be much faster and we would do AOS here. Anyway, our I-129F was approved on Oct 3 and our I-130 was approved on either Nov 14 or 16, depending on which NOA2 you're looking at ( we received 2). Both of the notices state that they will be forwarding the petition to the NVC. However, when I called the NVC yesterday, the automated system had no record of our petiton. It may still be too early.

......the purpose of my mentioning this is so maybe we can find a cut-off point in which they began to implement this new policy.

google.gif

......the purpose of my mentioning this is so maybe we can find a cut-off point in which they began to implement this new policy.

The implementation date according to the press release was October 23, 2006. There was also a couple of early posts by members around that time that had received a notifiation that they needed to submit the I-824 and $200 fee in order for the approved I-130 to be forwarded to the NVC. At the time the posts seemed very out of place as no-one at the time knew of the new process until the press release.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well it appears, as per the norm in the process , nothing is following any sort of calculable or logical pattern.

The press releases, consulates, uscis agents etc etc say one thing yet something else takes place.

<sigh>

google.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.