Saylin

NVC Filers - July 2013

960 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Great news!! I am very happy for you. If I remember correctly, your checklist was related to police clearance that was received by NVC on June 27th?

Do you know when NVC actually reviewed your checklist?

yes police clearance the operator says they finish the review this morning.

Just finish talking to NVC operator I had the best news ever yippee my case is complete. thank you Saylin, Niki, Darnel, Top of the world for lifting my spirits on this journey. to all vj who still waiting goodluck

Grats!

I emailed AOS package on June 21, 2013. DS-260 on July 8, 2013 and emailed the IV package the same day. I called NVC today and the operator said they havent reviewed yet and need 20 business days. is that true or just the standard answer ?

Will it better if my husband goes to interview with me at Montreal? I thought we will take a short vacation there, come back to Toronto and I will move with him.

Thank you.

I still haven't gotten the optin acceptance email yet and when I called to ask if the DS-261 has been added to our case yet, she suggested that I try resending it. Has anyone had success resending the EP optin email, or should I just wait it out for the first one to get accepted?

Also, I just now realized that I probably shouldn't have emailed the AOS packet in without the optin acceptance email yet (oops, a little over eager), so am I going to have to resubmit that once I do get the acceptance?

My OPTIN email took 8 days. If they haven't given you the acceptance by the end of this week maybe try the supervisor review trick from the DS-3032 in post 2?

You will likely have to resend the AOS.

Just finish talking to NVC operator I had the best news ever yippee my case is complete. thank you Saylin, Niki, Darnel, Top of the world for lifting my spirits on this journey. to all vj who still waiting goodluck

YAY awesome!!

I emailed AOS package on June 21, 2013. DS-260 on July 8, 2013 and emailed the IV package the same day. I called NVC today and the operator said they havent reviewed yet and need 20 business days. is that true or just the standard answer ?

Will it better if my husband goes to interview with me at Montreal? I thought we will take a short vacation there, come back to Toronto and I will move with him.

Thank you.

You had the email OPTIN accepted first before emailing anything right? 20 business days is the standard answer, right now the NVC is a little behind so it might take up most of that time.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You had the email OPTIN accepted first before emailing anything right? 20 business days is the standard answer, right now the NVC is a little behind so it might take up most of that time.

Thank you, Niki. I sent OPTIN email and that was accepted. Then, I emailed the packages. Hope my case will complete soon.

How are you doing? Believe you are happy there.

Thank you, Niki. I sent OPTIN email and that was accepted. Then, I emailed the packages. Hope my case will complete soon.

How are you doing? Believe you are happy there.

Very happy... :) Phoneless atm which is aggravating. Hubs doesn't seem to understand my annoyance when I try to call EI and can't because you can only leave messages!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Very happy... smile.png Phoneless atm which is aggravating. Hubs doesn't seem to understand my annoyance when I try to call EI and can't because you can only leave messages!

Great. I hope I will get another kind of frustration to call EI. But I am looking forward to get it...

Thank you always, Niki. I will keep on calling NVC everyday.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all, i have a question, sorry if this has been repeated already... long story short, i received my NVC case no. june 24, and iin on july 8 that let me pay the aos bill and i sent in the ds-261 agent appointment online the same day. on july 11, i was able to do the aos and email it with the attachments, however my agent appointment acceptance was not until july 16 and i just received iv bill and paid it today. my question is do i need to resubmit my aos with attachments again now that we received the accepted choice of agent email or is it fine how/when it was sent? thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

The same to me hapens I send via FedEx and the nevere revived my mail....

My OPTIN email took 8 days. If they haven't given you the acceptance by the end of this week maybe try the supervisor review trick from the DS-3032 in post 2?

You will likely have to resend the AOS.

YAY awesome!!

Hi all, i have a question, sorry if this has been repeated already... long story short, i received my NVC case no. june 24, and iin on july 8 that let me pay the aos bill and i sent in the ds-261 agent appointment online the same day. on july 11, i was able to do the aos and email it with the attachments, however my agent appointment acceptance was not until july 16 and i just received iv bill and paid it today. my question is do i need to resubmit my aos with attachments again now that we received the accepted choice of agent email or is it fine how/when it was sent? thanks

No, you don't need to re-send. The DS-3032/DS-261 is part of the IV track, which has nothing to do with the AOS track.

Timeline

No, you don't need to re-send. The DS-3032/DS-261 is part of the IV track, which has nothing to do with the AOS track.

great thank you!! you all are great!! :)

I agree with Saylin but I want to double check that you sent the OPTIN email and it was accepted (not just the auto acceptance) before sending the AOS?

Timeline

I agree with Saylin but I want to double check that you sent the OPTIN email and it was accepted (not just the auto acceptance) before sending the AOS?

they said it wasn't actually accepted until July 16. i called and they told me on july 16, they just accepted it and i would receive iv bill via email any day and i just got it today and paid it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Question regarding PCC

My husband stayed for 1-1/2 years in a different state (same country) during college. Would he need a PCC from two different states or should one from his current state suffice? He's lived in the same town for all his life except for the 1-1/2 year he stayed for college.

Thanks

USCIS (142 days)
2013-01-25 - Sent I-130 to chicago lockbox
2013-01-28 - NOA1 (case at MSC)
2013-06-21 - NOA2

NVC (____ days)
2013-07-08 - NVC received case

2013-07-11 - IIN assigned
2013-07-17 - DS3032 email sent
2013-07-19 - AOS bill invoiced and paid

2013-07-23 - AOS packet sent
2013-07-28 - DS3032 accepted
2013-08-04 - IV bill invoiced and paid
2013-08-07 - IV packet sent (from India)
2013-09-10 - Case complete

2013-10-01 - Interview scheduled

Consulate
2013-XX-XX - Medical

2013-11-15 - Interview
2013-XX-XX - Visa in hand
2013-XX-XX - POE (Houston, TX)

Question regarding PCC

My husband stayed for 1-1/2 years in a different state (same country) during college. Would he need a PCC from two different states or should one from his current state suffice? He's lived in the same town for all his life except for the 1-1/2 year he stayed for college.

Thanks

It depends how they do PCCs in his country. For Canada, you only need one as they check a NATIONAL database.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.