Saylin

NVC Filers - July 2013

960 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Woohoo, looks like she's actually getting the visa this time!! Congrats! kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

Typically, the visa is valid for 6 months, but it may be a little different in your case as the visa took so long to issue. Ultimately, you'll just have to wait and see as the expiration date will be clearly printed on the visa. She should have enough time though if the flight's in September. And wow.gif , that's an amazing deal! Even if she does have to pay to change it, that's still pretty cheap for a one-way from Europe to the US.

Thank You very much Saylin! rose.gif

just don't tell my wife I sent you a flower.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all,

Had a troubling conversation with someone at the NVC on the phone this morning. I called to see if our packages had been received and if the case had been reviewed yet, and the lady on the phone asked me when I sent them. When I told her that I e-mailed them a week ago, she told me that by no means should I be e-mailing anything to the NVC, that I had to do everything by mail. I told her were using electronic processing, and she told me she had no record of that, even though all of our correspondence since may has been via e-mail and everything except for the I-864 has been completed and sent online.

She told me they wouldn't accept any e-mails from us because we weren't registered for electronic processing.

Is there any chance she's wrong? Is there something we missed in the process? Super stressed trying to figure this out right now, any help is appreciated.

E

Timeline

Hi all,

Had a troubling conversation with someone at the NVC on the phone this morning. I called to see if our packages had been received and if the case had been reviewed yet, and the lady on the phone asked me when I sent them. When I told her that I e-mailed them a week ago, she told me that by no means should I be e-mailing anything to the NVC, that I had to do everything by mail. I told her were using electronic processing, and she told me she had no record of that, even though all of our correspondence since may has been via e-mail and everything except for the I-864 has been completed and sent online.

She told me they wouldn't accept any e-mails from us because we weren't registered for electronic processing.

Is there any chance she's wrong? Is there something we missed in the process? Super stressed trying to figure this out right now, any help is appreciated.

E

Problem solved, nevermind!

Thank You very much Saylin! rose.gif

just don't tell my wife I sent you a flower.

Hehe, it's between you and me ;)

Hi all,

E

You opted in to EP first, right? And got the acceptance email?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I made the mistake when I sent the supporting documents for I-864EZ. At the body of the email, for the date of birth for both petitioner and beneficiary, I accidently put 2013 instead of correct year. In the scanned documents, everything is correct. Now, NVC emailed me these are not match with their record and send the Government issued documents to verify this. I, beneficiery can provide the copy of my passport but he, petitioner hasnt received his passport yet. Can he provide the copy of driving license or any documents that you can adivise. Thank you.

Should be able to show Governement Issued I.D. or birth certificate.

fd3u1e2o6t.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

You opted in to EP first, right? And got the acceptance email?

My wife forgot to send the optin e-mail. I assumed she had, and since we were receiving e-mail correspondence, my wife figured that was all we needed.

Frustrating, we were hoping to have everything reviewed by the end of next week and were crossing our fingers for an August interview. Looks like we're gonna be pushed back at least two weeks now and have our interview fall somewhere in September.

My wife forgot to send the optin e-mail. I assumed she had, and since we were receiving e-mail correspondence, my wife figured that was all we needed.

Frustrating, we were hoping to have everything reviewed by the end of next week and were crossing our fingers for an August interview. Looks like we're gonna be pushed back at least two weeks now and have our interview fall somewhere in September.

Yeah, for Canada, you need to optin first as EP is still optional for Canada. The reason you were getting email correspondence is because you gave over both email addresses to an operator. Everyone can do this (not just EP-eligible countries).

Once you get the optin acceptance email, send the AOS and IV packages again. Use the DS-3032 trick in the FAQ and it should speed up the review of the packages, cutting down on wasted time.

Timeline

Yeah, for Canada, you need to optin first as EP is still optional for Canada. The reason you were getting email correspondence is because you gave over both email addresses to an operator. Everyone can do this (not just EP-eligible countries).

Once you get the optin acceptance email, send the AOS and IV packages again. Use the DS-3032 trick in the FAQ and it should speed up the review of the packages, cutting down on wasted time.

Thanks!

Timeline

Sorry, just to be clear, is this the trick?

"Supervisor Review - NVC Case # MTL2012XXXXXX - BENEFICIARY'S FULL NAME - Second Time Sending"

Using that as the subject line in sending the two packages together?

Sorry, just to be clear, is this the trick?

"Supervisor Review - NVC Case # MTL2012XXXXXX - BENEFICIARY'S FULL NAME - Second Time Sending"

Using that as the subject line in sending the two packages together?

Yup, that's the trick. Send the packages in separate emails though, not together. In the body of the email (after listing both of your full names, birth dates, and email addresses), explain the situation and that this is your second time sending.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Just finish talking to NVC operator I had the best news ever yippee my case is complete. thank you Saylin, Niki, Darnel, Top of the world for lifting my spirits on this journey. to all vj who still waiting goodluck

Great news!! I am very happy for you. If I remember correctly, your checklist was related to police clearance that was received by NVC on June 27th?

Do you know when NVC actually reviewed your checklist?

Edited by Bismark

USCIS - (221 Days)

09/08/2012 - Married

09/29/2012 – I-130 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 – I-130 Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

10/01/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
11/27/2012 - Transfer to local office (Atlanta)

04/15/2013 – Contacted Congressman and both Senators for help with my case
05/10/2013 – APPROVED!! - NOA2 (Approved 221 days from NOA1)

NVC (129 Days from NOA2)

05/13/2013 - NVC Received

05/17/2013 - NVC logged file as Received

05/29/2013 - Case & IIN # Received

05/30/2013 - DS3032 sent

06/07/2013 – AOS Invoiced

06/10/2013 – DS 3032 Accepted

06/10/2013 – AOS Paid

06/11/2013 – IV Invoiced & Paid

06/12/2013 – AOS & IV Packages expressed mailed

06/13/2013 – AOS & IV Packages delivered to NVC

07/03/2013 - AOS checklists received (AOS checklist response already delivered to NVC on 6/21/2013)

07/03/2013 - IV Checklist received (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
07/05/2013 - IV checklist sent

07/08/2013 - IV checklist delivered to NVC

07/12/2013 - AOS Accepted

07/30/2013 - IV accepted

07/30/2013 - Case Complete

08/12/2013 - Interview date received

Embassy: Accra, Ghana

08/17/2013 - Medical Exam (Holy Trinity)

09/16/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!! (350 Days fron NOA1)

09/20/2013 - Visa in Hand & Paid USCIS Immigrant Visa Fee

09/22/2013 - POE (Atlanta)

09/23/2013 - Applied for SSN

09/27/2013 - Received SSN in mail (5 days after applying)

10/17/2013 - Received GREEN CARD in the mail (25 days from POE)

Just finish talking to NVC operator I had the best news ever yippee my case is complete. thank you Saylin, Niki, Darnel, Top of the world for lifting my spirits on this journey. to all vj who still waiting goodluck

Congrats!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations have added you to the Case Complete Interview thread. Come on over. I am updating now and will post in a few minutes.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/438986-august-2013-interviews/page-60#entry6383369

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.