wornoutcowboy

Is email notification possible?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

I need some information.

I am hoping to start getting the I-129F form together this week.

I am presently in Laos and will not be back to the USA until September.

I was hoping to send the application this week but wonder about how I will be notified that it was accepted.

Is it possible to request all notifications be done by email?

The main issue I have is that here in Laos they do not have mail service with home delivery. So I would not be able to receive anything here.

There is no one at my USA address at the present and will not until September.

I really don't have another address to use in the States either..

Anyone have a tip what to do?

The secret would be to do it all by email. is it possible?

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can include the G-1145 to receive email notifications and will be able to use the USCIS website for status updates. However, those do not always work. There is no way to receive emails only. Hard copy letters of notices for receipt, requests for evidence and approvals/denials are a must. You should ask someone to get your mail for you, or wait until you are back in the US before mailing your petition.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.