Eli

Police Check in Vancouver

13 posts in this topic

Hello hello! I am wondering, for those of you living in Vancouver, where did you go/will you go to get your police check? I think there are only 2 RCMP detachments, and I don't know how many police stations. I am trying to find the closest place to the Consulate or the Greyhound station, as I don't know Vancouver well at all and I will be on foot/bus. I am visiting fiance right now and we are going to go to Vancouver together for the interview, and I need to get the police certificate at the same time so obviously I need it same-day. Any advice on where to go? Thanks!

-Eli-

K-1

March 24-06------I129F sent to NSC

March 27-06------NOA1

...5 Months of waiting b/c of IMBRA ridiculousness...

September 5-06--APPROVED!! 162 days!

September 09-06-Received NOA2

January 03-07----Medical and Interview in Vancouver - APPROVED!! 285 days from filing!

January 04-07----POE at Vancouver Int'l Airport

January 12-07----Wedding Day!

AOS & EAD

February 20-07---AOS, EAD sent to Chicago

February 27-07---NOA1

March 15-07------Biometrics Appointment

May 09-07------AOS Interview - Approved pending new sponsor.

June 11-07-------Approved & Green Card Issued

Removal of Conditions

May 11-09--------I-751 Sent via FedEx Overnight

May 15-09--------Receipt date on I-797

June 16-09-------Change of Address Confirmed

...one giant address change/biometrics fuxxup later...

July 28-09--------Biometrics taken (walk-in)

July 29-09--------Touched :)

August 13-09---APPROVAL EMAIL!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The main detachment on Heather Street is the one to which you're directed in Packet 3.

It took me longer to park and walk to it than it did for them to issue it. 15 minutes in the office, 30 to park and walk (parking is horrid there and unfortunately I didn't realize they had parking available closer).

Edited: I'm sorry, I just read that you're on foot/bus. The Heather Street detachment is easy to get to via city bus...you'll want to go via Cambie Street from downtown. There may be one right downtown but I don't know if they issue the report or if it's same day if they do.

Edited by ceriserose

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Timeline

http://www.translink.bc.ca/

I can't get this to load on my work computer for the life of me but hopefully you can. I think the RCMP address is 5255 Heather Street (but my visit there was May 2005 so take that info for about what it's worth... :lol:)

From downtown this is probably a 20 minute ride...and buses along that strip are every 15 minutes or so.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yes, the one on Heather. It is Heather and 37th. I ttakes them about 15 minutes to do. Bring your letter from the consulate.

You need to take the #15 Cambie from downton. If you are taking it from the bus depot, take the skytrain to Granville Station, and catch the 15 on Seymour St. If you have a little map of Vancouver, what I am saying might make more sense. Get off at 37th, and turn right... the RCMp office is a few blocks down.

I would call to find out how late they are open. For some reason Ikeep thinking 2 or 3 PM, but I might have made that up!

edited to add - the translink site is a great one... try "trip planning". But bear in mind that there is a lot of construction on Cambie right now, so it will take more than the usual 20 minutes to get there.

Edited by hockeygal

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Timeline
yes, the one on Heather. It is Heather and 37th. I ttakes them about 15 minutes to do. Bring your letter from the consulate.

You need to take the #15 Cambie from downton. If you are taking it from the bus depot, take the skytrain to Granville Station, and catch the 15 on Seymour St. If you have a little map of Vancouver, what I am saying might make more sense. Get off at 37th, and turn right... the RCMp office is a few blocks down.

I would call to find out how late they are open. For some reason Ikeep thinking 2 or 3 PM, but I might have made that up!

edited to add - the translink site is a great one... try "trip planning". But bear in mind that there is a lot of construction on Cambie right now, so it will take more than the usual 20 minutes to get there.

I finally got one to work on trip planning. Don't believe it for times! It was quoting me 45 minutes from downtown...I used to bus from downtown Vancouver to Richmond in less. Depending on how the trip is planned it'll calculate in wait times for connections; often you can take one bus (or the skytrain and a bus) and walk and it's much faster. :)

So, I take it from the comments about construction on Cambie that the rapid transit bid went through for that corridor? (I'm so behind on Vancouver news!)

So, I take it from the comments about construction on Cambie that the rapid transit bid went through for that corridor? (I'm so behind on Vancouver news!)

:yes: It's a mess along there.

Eli, make sure you get there on time. I was late and had to go back the next business day. Open til 2:30 PM.

Timeline

:yes: It's a mess along there.

Eli, make sure you get there on time. I was late and had to go back the next business day. Open til 2:30 PM.

Thanks...I think I need to find a Cdn online news source that doesn't drive me batty up there. I really didn't think that one would pass; the merchants were so vehement about it.

:)

Thanks...I think I need to find a Cdn online news source that doesn't drive me batty up there. I really didn't think that one would pass; the merchants were so vehement about it.

You're welcome. :) Do you like the CBC? They have a BC website. Lots of snow lately! (I'm kinda jealous.) ;)

Timeline

You're welcome. :) Do you like the CBC? They have a BC website. Lots of snow lately! (I'm kinda jealous.) ;)

heh, I hate snow. That's why I loved Vancouver. ;)

I'll have a look at that site, hopefully it'll do the trick (thanks!). I've been getting my news off of the Telus.net portal but it's not in the least bit comprehensive for local stories. I used to go to CTV but when all the networks did their shakeup a few years back the websites went national and it was more cumbersome to navigate than I was willing to do at the time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I finally got one to work on trip planning. Don't believe it for times! It was quoting me 45 minutes from downtown...I used to bus from downtown Vancouver to Richmond in less. Depending on how the trip is planned it'll calculate in wait times for connections; often you can take one bus (or the skytrain and a bus) and walk and it's much faster. :)

45 minutes is almost right these days! Cambie is down to 2 lanes, and they are sometimes only using one, so one direction of traffic needs to wait. Eli, just give yourself plenty of time - but since you don't need an appointment, it doesn't really matter!

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! :dance::dance: This is exactly what I needed to know. I can definitely find my way around with this info. Sincere thanks from the bottom of my heart!

(L) Eli

ps - I was in Vancouver working at the PNE this past summer while they were doing construction on Boundary, and it was GNARLY. Oh city construction ...

K-1

March 27-06------NOA1

January 03-07----Medical and Interview in Vancouver - APPROVED!! 285 days from filing!

AOS & EAD

February 27-07---NOA1

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
Thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! :dance::dance: This is exactly what I needed to know. I can definitely find my way around with this info. Sincere thanks from the bottom of my heart!

(L) Eli

ps - I was in Vancouver working at the PNE this past summer while they were doing construction on Boundary, and it was GNARLY. Oh city construction ...

Unfortunately, there will be plenty of that prior to the 2010 Olympics. I keep thanking my hubby for getting me out of there when he did! :lol:

(Highway construction is just as bad; on the route I take to my family in the Interior it goes down to one lane for both directions. No way to pass, few to no alternate routes. Bleargh! :dead: )

Yeah I sure hope this is my last visit to Vancouver for a long time. I was not excited by what I saw, not to mention that the place where I was staying was broken into in the middle of the night, the apartment just below us. It is not on my list of favourite experiences.

-Eli-

K-1

March 27-06------NOA1

AOS & EAD

February 27-07---NOA1

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.