tcsm

DS-156 Error

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi,

I get that error in any browser other than Internet Explorer. e.g. chrome, firefox, safari.

However in internet explorer i get the below when the form is onscreen.

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.3)
Timestamp: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 05:31:33 UTC
Line: 2221
Char: 2
Code: 0
Edited by tcsm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp

Same problem here. My attorney got the error several days ago as well (which is why i was retyping this again myself). Frustrating as all get-out.

A question to be asked, but probably won't be answered cause they are not reading this, but are other people actually succeeding in getting their form submitted? Is everyone having this problem, or only a select few of us?

Thank god that when i did a "back" on the browser, all the data was still there. hopefully we can just keep trying to hit "Submit", and hope that our browsers/computers don't crash, before they fix this problem.

Note to self, don't forget and accidentally Quit Firefox... dohhhh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm getting the same error, I've tried on 4 different computers, through chrome, firefox and IE and all come back with an error and to contact system administrator. This is the last form I need for packet 3 before I send it off and I got packet 3 about a week ago. :(

Someone suggested not using comma's on the form. I hope it is fixed soon, is anyone sending in packet 3 (I know most likely country specific) anyways?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just tried mine no and it is coming up with 'an error occurred....' I am so annoyed. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

K1 Visa

NOA2 - 13.04.13

Packet 3 received - 07.05.13

Packet 3 sent - 26.06.13

Packet 3 logged on CEAC - 09.07.13

Medical - 05.07.13

Medical results received at embassy - 10.07.13

DS2001 received at embassy 12.07.13

Last status update on CEAC 10.07.13 - Ready

Packet 4 received - 07.08.13

Interview - 15.08.13 - Approved.

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed 16.11.13

USCIS received applications 18.11.13

Biometrics appointment 13.12.13

Waiting..

What we are getting is an "HTTP 500 error" This means that there is a programing problem on their side of things. There is nothing we can do about it. If you are getting the "your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements" popup then you need to update your browser and your adobe acrobat.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

has anyone on here manged to fill in the ds-156 online successfully in the last couple of days? e.g. clicked continue and got the barcode?

I did it Thursday night on Chrome with no problems.

Edited by Laura Clare

K1 Timeline

02-22-2013: I-129F to VSC

02-28-2013: NOA1

06-10-2013: NOA2 (102 days)

08-16-2013: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2013: Visa in hand

09-14-2013: POE Houston

10-30-2013: Married!

AOS Timeline

12-10-2013: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

12-16-2013: NOA1 x 3

01-02-2014: Biometrics

02-24-2014: EAD/AP Approved

03-04-2014: Received EAD/AP

03-10-2014: Interview - Approved!

03-18-2014: Received GC

ROC Timeline

12-12-2015: I-751 to CSC

12-17-2015: NOA1

01-14-2016: Biometrics

05-19-2016: Approved!

N-400 Timeline

03-14-2017: N-400 to Texas Lockbox

03-22-2017: NOA1

04-11-2017: Biometrics

04-20-2017: In Line For Interview

07-02-2018: Interview - Approved!

08-22-2018: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

i eliminated all the commas from my submission, and it still errors out, so that is not the problem.

If this is indeed an error 500 ... that implies that their back-end server that processes the data is down. Which means, at best, it probably will be down until monday since if they don't even bother to monitor their own systems, they probably don't have anybody working over the weekends to restart the service. But it sounds like it's been down at least this past Friday, if not part of thursday, so they are really out of touch with their systems... probably nobody has been able to communicated directly with the system administrators of the box to let them know it's even having problems. Argh... You're in the Army now... Hurry up and Wait....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Yup, still down. Let's make lots of NOISE!!! go to http://www.travel.state.gov/about/contact/contact_4746.html to report the problem. If you have an interview coming up soon just use the fillable PDF: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/108128.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

i eliminated all the commas from my submission, and it still errors out, so that is not the problem.

If this is indeed an error 500 ... that implies that their back-end server that processes the data is down. Which means, at best, it probably will be down until monday since if they don't even bother to monitor their own systems, they probably don't have anybody working over the weekends to restart the service. But it sounds like it's been down at least this past Friday, if not part of thursday, so they are really out of touch with their systems... probably nobody has been able to communicated directly with the system administrators of the box to let them know it's even having problems. Argh... You're in the Army now... Hurry up and Wait....

What we are getting is an "HTTP 500 error" This means that there is a programing problem on their side of things. There is nothing we can do about it. If you are getting the "your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements" popup then you need to update your browser and your adobe acrobat.

I just tried mine no and it is coming up with 'an error occurred....' I am so annoyed. Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

has anyone on here manged to fill in the ds-156 online successfully in the last couple of days? e.g. clicked continue and got the barcode?

Same Problem Here. " Error occurred" everytime I click in Continue. I don't know what to do anymore.

I'm getting the same error, I've tried on 4 different computers, through chrome, firefox and IE and all come back with an error and to contact system administrator. This is the last form I need for packet 3 before I send it off and I got packet 3 about a week ago. sad.png

Someone suggested not using comma's on the form. I hope it is fixed soon, is anyone sending in packet 3 (I know most likely country specific) anyways?

I am also having this problem right now! I can't submit my DS-156 after completion sad.png

Woohoo, just tried it again, and I got the form generated. Let me know if it's working for anyone else now

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I just did it. Works now.

Contrary to a post about stating that if it says you "may not" meet the requirements to update your browser etc.. I did NOT update because I was already up-to-date. It still claims I "may" not be up-to-date but I am.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.