BEBO&BEBO

lying in tourst visa application 3years ago.

67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I just said my experience which was so recent ... i didn't lie in the application i wrote am married but they never asked about my husband's nationality . and they never asked about if i was refused before in the interview . Anyways u can disregard my advice . i just replied cuz he asked if anyone was in the same situation and i was.

You did not lie on your application so you were not in the same situation.

I have seen this scenario many time before, usually the Consulate pick it up and smack the person with Misrepresentation. A waiver is available but of course we are then into more time and money.

I assume the OP is also Egyptian, so whilst some people do there own waivers in this case I would strongly recommend a Lawyer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You did not lie on your application so you were not in the same situation.

I have seen this scenario many time before, usually the Consulate pick it up and smack the person with Misrepresentation. A waiver is available but of course we are then into more time and money.

I assume the OP is also Egyptian, so whilst some people do there own waivers in this case I would strongly recommend a Lawyer.

Timeline

It certainly is not common, but it comes up now and then.

Most of the ones I remember involve Nigeria, but it happens in most high fraud areas.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

That is a contradictory statement if I ever saw one.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Because there is a question on the tourist visa app asking who she knows in the USA. If she said "no one" but her husband lives in the USA, then she lied.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My case was no fraud involved , she didn't tell the consular that she was married

To someone in US .

Plain and simple, lying by omission - which is what was done there - is fraud. It is misrepresentation. Misrepresentation of facts when you know there's another truth, is fraud.

There are multiple posts in this thread indicating that this would be considered fraudulent. I know that must be difficult to hear since there was probably no malicious intent, but it is what it is. Please consider taking the advice of others. If not, go forward and take your chances.

Timeline

Plain and simple, lying by omission - which is what was done there - is fraud. It is misrepresentation. Misrepresentation of facts when you know there's another truth, is fraud.

There are multiple posts in this thread indicating that this would be considered fraudulent. I know that must be difficult to hear since there was probably no malicious intent, but it is what it is. Please consider taking the advice of others. If not, go forward and take your chances.

Begs the question what was the intent then?

Edited by Boiler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The intent appears to be to get to the united states. That is not malicious. My guess is, the person did not think they were harming or doing wrong. In the end, they harmed themselves and did wrong, but probably not intentionally.

Truth be told, I cannot really answer why someone who is not me did or did not do something. That is something they will have to answer.

Timeline

So not exactly accidental?

They lied to obtain an immigration benefit, the lie was material which is misrepresentation.

Malicious, well that is not an immigration term. I could visualise others going through that Consulate would think it was.

Timeline

So you guys think , I should hire a lawyer ?

What he will do ?

Please the mistake was done already , now we try to fix

It if possible .

What should be my next step beside honesty ?

Timeline

i said am married and i know no one in usa cuz my husband was in egypt during this time .. is it the same situation ??

02/06/2010 - Married!!!

USCIS:
01/14/2013 - I-130 Sent
01/17/2013 - NOA1
02/20/2013 - NOA2

NVC:
03/11/2013 - Received
03/25/2013 - Case # ,INN #
03/25/2013 - DS-3032 Sent
03/27/2013 - DS-3032 Accepted
03/27/2013 - AOS Invoiced & Paid
03/29/2013 - AOS Appears as PAID
03/28/2013 - IV Invoiced & Paid
03/30/2013 - IV Appears as PAID
03/30/2013 - AOS & IV Sent
04/02/2013 - AOS & IV Received
04/15/2013 - AOS Accepted
04/22/2013 - IV Accepted ( Was in system since 04/15 but was not reviewed !!!!!)
04/22/2013 - Case Complete

04/29/2013 - Case Complete email
04/29/2013 - Interview Assigned

05/06/2013 - Shipped to Embassy

Post-NVC:
05/09/2013 - Embassy received
05/12/2013 - Medical
06/04/2013 - Interview - EGYPT (Approved)

06/06/2013 - Visa in hand
xx/xx/2013 - POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.