Starbuck bound

St Luke's medical warning

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just wanted to post this to all who will be going to St Luke's for medical exam. My fiancée has an annulment. Well, when she got to St Luke's on Monday, stood in line, finally got x ray and exam by noon. Then told to come back next day for Pshc interview account to annulment and shots. When she returned, had to fill out paper work for pshc exam, went into a room for the exam then was told she had to come back on Friday for an interview with pshc. NO SHOTS! Then after interview this Friday, has to return home, then come back AGAIN a week from Friday for her shots. This is absurd. She has a 14 hour bus ride round trip plus hotel and expenses each time she has to go. And in a 3 week time period will need to miss work a total of 6 days. This puts her job in jeopardy. And, mentally and physically she is fatigued. This is so inhuman. I apologized to her as this is her first glimpse of the USA and it is such a bad impression from Immigration to her. I am posting this as a warning to all who have had an annulment and what to expect when going to St Luke's. Remember to bring your annulment papers along, additional 1000-3000 pesos for exams. And of course the delay of three weeks. We are blessed her interview at the Embassy is not until July 16th so she should not have to change that. God Bless, and be prepared for additional time account of St Luke's policy about anyone who has an annulment. This came as a surprise to us, so I do pray this post helps others. I will keep you all updated on this.

God Bless

Some of us here had some tough times to share..I had my most agonizing 19 months to wait from USCIS before we finally got approved. Our papers got stuck at VSC..Goodluck!

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Timeline

not all annulled applicants are made to take the psych exam. If your annulment paper showed that the the reason for annulment is psychological incapacity which includes the Visa applicant, that is when they have to do the psych exam. However if the psychological incapacity is because of the other party to the annulment, then no worries about psych exam. But just an FYI secret7vf.gif to all applicants who went through annulment, please bring your court papers especially the Decision part because they read through it an thy need to see the original. ( As per my experience - I was not made to do pych test dancin5hr.gif )

Good luck to your visa journey!

Thank u for sharing the info. At least, for those fellow Filipina who will have their medical exam can anticipate what to do..

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Timeline

During my medical exam, there was a fellow filipina who told me that she was asked to go back because she has to present her annullment papers in which she don't have during her fisrt day of medical exam.

She showed to me the final document that has a red ribbon.. she also didn't get a vaccination until she went back with her annullment papers..

though she said she only showed that certificate with a red ribbon from DFA..

i forgot what u call it but in short it also caused her a delay coz she has to go back and forth..

so for those who were annulled or divorced, as stated on St. Luke's website

"Applicants whose Civil Status is "annulled" or "divorced" are required to present the annulment or divorce papers before their medical report can be completed."

We hope that you guys will be able to get through with this soon. :)

Hmmm, they do ask for Annulment papers, the Decision and Finality copy, during physical exam. But i was pretty sure i will be exempted with the evaluation and exam, my ex husband was the psycho (this is a rude word, but yes he was, or i say he is), next thing i know i was already called to Immunization Room. For those who have gone Annulment, re check what the psych indicates in your papers, you might as well do the medical early, if it says both are incapacitated.

"All my life, without a doubt i give you, all my life, now and forever till the day i die, you and i will share" By: America
                                                               == I am the beneficiary==
AOS - K1 & K2
03-04-2014 ( Day 01) - Mailed
03-06-2014 ( Day 02) - Received
03-17-2014 ( Day 13) - Text and E-mail Notification at 12:50 am
03-21-2014 ( Day 17) - Received I-797C NOA (AOS, AP & EAD) hard copies - 6 mails
03-24-2014 ( Day 20) - Received I-797C NOA (ASC Appointment Notice/ Biometrics schedule) - 2 mails
04-09-2014 ( Day 36) - Biometrics Schedule @ 10&11am
05-30-2014 ( Day 87) - Received EAD combo card (K2 only)
06-09-2014 ( Day 97) - I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Card / Document Production (no interview)
06-12-2014 ( Day 100)- I 485 ( both k1 & k2 ) - Mailed the new card
06-14-2014 ( Day 102)- GC ( both K1 & k2) - Received

Done.

ROC - K1 & K2

03-17-2016 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-22-2016 ( Day 05) - NOA1

04-19-2016 ( Day 27) - Biometrics Appt. ( only K1 admitted, no K2 Bio Appt. letter received)

03-13-2017 ( Day 328) - Received Biometrics Appt. letter for K2 ( yes, almost a year of waiting!) Scheduled for March 22, 2017

03-22-2017 ( Day 337) - Biometrics Appt. (K2)

04-19-2017 ( Day 364)- USCIS status changed from "Case Was Received" to "Name Updated" (Only the K1 case)

04-26-2017 ( Day 371)-  USCIS status changed from " Name Updated" to "New Card Is Being Produced" ( both K1 and K2 app)

05-01-2017 ( Day 376)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K2 case)

05-02-2017 ( Day 377)-   USCIS status changed from "New Card Is Being Produced" to "Card Was Mailed To Me" ( K1 case)

05-04-2017 ( Day 379)-  Received GC in the mail ( K2)

05-05-2017 ( Day 380)-  Received GC in the mail ( K1)

Done.

Naturalization

03-10-2017 ( Day 01) - Mailed

03-21-2017 ( Day 11) - Received Text and Email Notification

03-25-2017 ( Day 15) - Received NOA hardcopy

03-27-2017 ( Day 17) - USCIS website status changed " Fingerprint Appointment Was Scheduled"

04-12-2017 ( Day 33) - Biometrics/ Fingerprints & stamped passports for another 1 yr extension.

05-15-2017 ( Day 66) - "In Line for Interview" updated website status

05-17-2017 ( Day 68) - " Interview Was Scheduled" updated website status

05-25-2017 ( Day 76) - Received  the interview letter

06-26-2017 ( Day 108) - Interview Schedule

08-03-2017 ( Day 147)- Received notification online "Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from Embassy/Consulate forum to Philippines regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just wanted to post this to all who will be going to St Luke's for medical exam. My fiancée has an annulment. Well, when she got to St Luke's on Monday, stood in line, finally got x ray and exam by noon. Then told to come back next day for Pshc interview account to annulment and shots. When she returned, had to fill out paper work for pshc exam, went into a room for the exam then was told she had to come back on Friday for an interview with pshc. NO SHOTS! Then after interview this Friday, has to return home, then come back AGAIN a week from Friday for her shots. This is absurd. She has a 14 hour bus ride round trip plus hotel and expenses each time she has to go. And in a 3 week time period will need to miss work a total of 6 days. This puts her job in jeopardy. And, mentally and physically she is fatigued. This is so inhuman. I apologized to her as this is her first glimpse of the USA and it is such a bad impression from Immigration to her. I am posting this as a warning to all who have had an annulment and what to expect when going to St Luke's. Remember to bring your annulment papers along, additional 1000-3000 pesos for exams. And of course the delay of three weeks. We are blessed her interview at the Embassy is not until July 16th so she should not have to change that. God Bless, and be prepared for additional time account of St Luke's policy about anyone who has an annulment. This came as a surprise to us, so I do pray this post helps others. I will keep you all updated on this.

God Bless

The annulment papers are listed as required on the SLEC website. http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

And as others have said if the annulment states psychological incapacity as the reason ( for your fiancée ) they will require a psychological evaluation. This has been posted many times on VJ.

If you think you are "having fun" with St. Luke's you are going to love CFO.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

The annulment papers are listed as required on the SLEC website. http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

And as others have said if the annulment states psychological incapacity as the reason ( for your fiancée ) they will require a psychological evaluation. This has been posted many times on VJ.

If you think you are "having fun" with St. Luke's you are going to love CFO.

What is CFO?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Click the link in my signature below this post, scroll down to the CFO section (its after the St. Luke's section)

CFO..... its not "don't leave home without it"... its CAN'T leave home without it.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

What is CFO?

Commission on Filipinos Overseas, its your government yaya deciding if you're allowed to leave the country. They can be tougher than the US embassy for some, for others its a breeze. Read about what people have needed to bring, get educated on it, and don't take it for granted. Really listen during the lecture session, because they'll most likely test you on what they taught in the private counseling part. Are you under 25? Have your proper documentation of parental advice or consent with you, they do ask for it. Get to know their latest gotcha questions to. When my wife went in 2011 it was what is your fiance's mother's maiden name. Something she never would have known had we not become aware they were asking this.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

Well, she showed up the second day, was given paper work to fill out, then sent to Quezon City to take pshc exam. Figure if you had an annulment and your annulment indicates that both you and your ex were pshc incapacitated, you will be required to have the exam. Chock up another 4000 pesos plus expenses. I sure wish that SLEC had better info on there site, and more clearly. After this is all done, I surely will write the clinic and ask them if the exam is required, and we pay so much for this, why don't they have staff on hand to perform what they request? 3 appointment, $600 dollars later, lot of headache for fiancée, and three trips to Manila, and one to Quezon City, she is exhausted. Now, she will go back for testing results, (another trip to Manila and expenses) I am praying this will be last trip to SLEC! Appointment date at Embassy is July 16th. Whew, SLEC should get there act together, and the U.S. Embassy ought to be on them about the inhuman, uncompassionate treatment of these people. We just keep praying, and do what we have to. I hope this post is of help to future people going for exam and what to expect.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.