paws057

Medical Exam

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I just wanted to know how long is the medical exam and what are they looking for? I know they take blood but do they do chest x-rays as well? I never have seen anywhere what they do at these so any one that has been through them already please let me know. Thanks!:)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Feb 22, 2013........ I-129F sent

March 01, 2013.....NOA1

June 12, 2013.......NOA2

July 02, 2013........NVC processed

July 22, 2013........Lab & medical

July 25, 2013........Interview: APPROVED!

Aug 16, 2013........POE: Miami

Oct 10, 2013.........Wedding!!!

For the rest of my timeline go here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guia para proceso K1 en Colombia: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/444315-proceso-k1-en-colombia/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm in the process of passing medical exam in Vladivostok right now. I collected my vaccination records and met with the doctor. She gave me two slips to specific clinics. One - to do chest X-Ray and record it to CD. Another - to pass a blood test. Blood test must be taken not earlier than two weeks prior to the interview. Mine is on the 27th, so I took the test on the 14th. Today the results were ready, and the doctor set me an appointment for the 20th. I'll bring her X-Ray, blood test results and $160, and hopefully in exchange I'll get my sacred envelope with med exam results. She said she'll 'check' me when I come next time. I believe standard general practice examination will take place, blood test, etc. No gynecologist she said, no other tests to be taken.

In regards to vaccination records I was missing diphtheria (has to be done every 10 years, mine expired) and Hepatitis B inoculations. But I did them right before the first visit to the doctor. Hepatitis B consists of 3 steps, I've done only 1st inoculation, and the doctor said it's acceptable.

Timeline

I'm in the process of passing medical exam in Vladivostok right now. I collected my vaccination records and met with the doctor. She gave me two slips to specific clinics. One - to do chest X-Ray and record it to CD. Another - to pass a blood test. Blood test must be taken not earlier than two weeks prior to the interview. Mine is on the 27th, so I took the test on the 14th. Today the results were ready, and the doctor set me an appointment for the 20th. I'll bring her X-Ray, blood test results and $160, and hopefully in exchange I'll get my sacred envelope with med exam results. She said she'll 'check' me when I come next time. I believe standard general practice examination will take place, blood test, etc. No gynecologist she said, no other tests to be taken.

In regards to vaccination records I was missing diphtheria (has to be done every 10 years, mine expired) and Hepatitis B inoculations. But I did them right before the first visit to the doctor. Hepatitis B consists of 3 steps, I've done only 1st inoculation, and the doctor said it's acceptable.

There in lies the problem for us. She does not really have a vaccination record and to be honest I don't either. But at our age (54-55) who would expect us to? Ahh the government.:) So she went to her doctor in her home city and they gave her some kind of vaccination report but not sure what that was? From my understanding the doctor n Moscow should be able to tell her what she has had in the past (as a child in Russia) and what she will need. Of course because of her age that may be different from what they may tell you since you are much younger. She is trying to set up an appointment at the IOM clinic in Moscow so we can get her results the same day then the interview two days later. I'm really hoping they can do everything required at the clinic there in Moscow but I'm not sure about that yet?

Thanks!:)

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

She has something from her doctor, that's a good start. But I wouldn't have that much faith in Moscow doctor and expect them to "tell her what she has had in the past and what she will need". The doctor can assume what she had, but only she can confirm it by theactual records. How about calling the doc prior to exam? That's what I did, and that's how I found out that I'm missing Hepatitis B shot and need to renew my diphtheria. If she doesn't have actual record of the shot done, she can have a blood test done, and verify this. For e.g. if she had a varicella as a child, she'd have antibodies in her blood, and the simple blood test will confirm it, so here is the proof. Same for rubella. There are not that many proofs that she needs. But it may be disappointing if she doesn't take a prompt care of this, and then there are issues at the exam. Just a friendly advise :-)

Timeline

She has something from her doctor, that's a good start. But I wouldn't have that much faith in Moscow doctor and expect them to "tell her what she has had in the past and what she will need". The doctor can assume what she had, but only she can confirm it by theactual records. How about calling the doc prior to exam? That's what I did, and that's how I found out that I'm missing Hepatitis B shot and need to renew my diphtheria. If she doesn't have actual record of the shot done, she can have a blood test done, and verify this. For e.g. if she had a varicella as a child, she'd have antibodies in her blood, and the simple blood test will confirm it, so here is the proof. Same for rubella. There are not that many proofs that she needs. But it may be disappointing if she doesn't take a prompt care of this, and then there are issues at the exam. Just a friendly advise :-

I will ask her today what is on the report she has already. Strange she still has the scars on both arms from her childhood vaccinations.Yes, I do understand about the doctor in Moscow, hard to tell what they will say and I really don't want any surprises at this stage of her visa. We really do need that sealed envelope to take to the interview.

Thanks!:)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.