Twinkla

$15,000 In Bank Account

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

How much does the us citizen make per year?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

We have to daughters and both are US Citizens age 1 & 4 but I'm thinking she brings the kids to come stay here in Ghana for a year. In that case, must they still be listed as dependants?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We have to daughters and both are US Citizens age 1 & 4 but I'm thinking she brings the kids to come stay here in Ghana for a year. In that case, must they still be listed as dependants?

If you are applying for a K-1, why would she and the kids go live there for a year?

No matter when you decide to move to the US, her minor children are always counted in her household size. She needs enough income or income + assets for a household count of 4 > http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

She is only short in her income by about $1500, so having assets in the bank worth $15k should be enough to make up for the shortfall in income.

Also, if she goes to stay there, she will not have any current income to use for the affidavit of support and no, $15k in the bank alone is not enough for sponsorship.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

US Citizen has $15,000 in her Bank Account towards affidavit of support. Is that enough or needs a co-sponsor?

First of all could you update your timeline please.:)

And yes like the other poster said $15k is not enough. They are looking to make sure your annual income is slightly above the poverty level. So this is where the tax transcript comes in play for three years and your current employer letter stating your income. Anyone can borrow money from friends and stick it into a bank account as theirs but in reality thats not legit. Bank statement going 5 to 6 month back to show averages will tell too. But all in all a family household of 4 is what u need to be at, above the poverty level. And then if more is needed include assets like maybe house.

Timeline for N-400   
Package Sent ----> 3/13/17

Package Received ---> Friday, March 17, 2017 @ 3:50 am

CC Charged ---->  3/20/2017
NOA ----> 3/23/17                                                                                
Finger Prints ---> 4/14/2017 --> Early FP 4/12/17!!
Inline for an Interview notice received ---> 4/14/17
Interview Scheduled ---> Waiting for letter in the mail to see the actual date.  8/30/17
letter in the mail arrived ---> 9/5/17
Interview Date ---> 10/05/17
Oath ---> 10/12/2017

First of all could you update your timeline please.smile.png

And yes like the other poster said $15k is not enough. They are looking to make sure your annual income is slightly above the poverty level. So this is where the tax transcript comes in play for three years and your current employer letter stating your income. Anyone can borrow money from friends and stick it into a bank account as theirs but in reality thats not legit. Bank statement going 5 to 6 month back to show averages will tell too. But all in all a family household of 4 is what u need to be at, above the poverty level. And then if more is needed include assets like maybe house.

LOL! I don't even have that much in my savings hahaha! now am getting worried.. do I need to include bank statements when I don't have that much savings anyway? But my annual is 90k, u think that's enough? even without supporting bank savings.. only w2s, tax transcript and employment letter

K-1 Journey:

05/23/2013: I-129F packet mailed 05/29/2013: NOA1 (E-mail) 06/01/2013: NOA1 (Hardcopy) - - w/ typo error, my name's wrong 06/06/2013: Alien Registration Number Changed

08/07/2013: Case Transferred to my local USCIS office (E-mail)  08/12/2013: Case Received at Texas Service Center; Received NOA-T Hardcopy   09/05/2013: NOA2 (Email) - On our 9th Anniversary! Best Gift!

09/09/2013: NOA2 (Hardcopy) 09/10/2013: Case Shipped to DOS 09/19/2013: Case Shipped to Manila Embassy (Received MNL case number thru Phone 09/20/2013) 09/28/2013: NVC Letter Received (Petitioner)

10/24/2013: Fiance Medical Day 1 10/25/2013: Fiance Medical Day 2 (Passed) Yey! 11/09/2013: Approved I-129F Packet/Notification Letter from USEM Manila received by beneficiary

11/18/2013: Visa Interview - Approved! 11/21/2013: CEAC - "Issued" 11/26/2013: Visa picked up at 2GO MOA 12/02/2013: CFO done 12/27/2013: POE LAX

02/14/14: GOT MARRIED!

AOS Journey: EAD/AP Journey:

03/25/14: I-693 Vaccine Form Completed 04/15/14: AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed 04/21/14: NOA1 (Email) 04/25/14: NOA1 Hard Copy (Mail)

05/21/14: Biometrics done 06/26/14: Card Production 07/29/14: NPIWC letter received 07/02/14: Card Mailed w/ Tracking #

03/03/15: Inquiry sent (extended review) 07/07/14: EAD/AP Combo Card Received 04/03/15: 2nd inquiry 04/17/15: EAD/AP Renewal Request Sent

04/10/15: RFE for AOS received thru mail 04/20/15: EAD/AP NOA1 (Email) 06/20/15: Green Card approved 

ROC Journey:

06-12-17: I-751 Form/packet mailed  06-15-17: delivered to CSC 

06-19-17: Check was cashed  06-19-17: NOA1 received thru mail dated 06-15-17

07-18-17: Biometrics done

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

A letter from Employer the same as W2?

A W-2 is a tax related form that is sent to you from your employer each year. A letter from your employer is just that, a letter from them stating your position and salary.

LOL! I don't even have that much in my savings hahaha! now am getting worried.. do I need to include bank statements when I don't have that much savings anyway? But my annual is 90k, u think that's enough? even without supporting bank savings.. only w2s, tax transcript and employment letter

No. If your income is enough, which yours is, then there is no need to list assets at all. You can leave that part of the I-134 blank.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

15,000, you say ?

please to study the math in the instructions for I-864 under the assets section,

then report back your findings.

Go Get Em, and Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.