slowlyman

House registration - required for K-1 interview or not?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just read a consulate review. The beneficiary was given a 221 for not having the house registration.

The only place i have seen it mentioned, is for the police report.

If we do need it, could somebody send me the name of the document in Thai so I can pass it along to my girlfriend and there is no confusing about what she needs to get.

Thanks

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just read a consulate review. The beneficiary was given a 221 for not having the house registration.

The only place i have seen it mentioned, is for the police report.

If we do need it, could somebody send me the name of the document in Thai so I can pass it along to my girlfriend and there is no confusing about what she needs to get.

Thanks

I don't think you need it for the interview. It's called the tabien baan or in Thai ทะเบียนบ้าน. Only time I've seen people need that is if they don't have a birth certificate.

Ohh and since we're on the subject of birth certificate, you need to make sure she has one for adjustment of status. If she doesn't, post that here. I'll let you know what she needs to do. WHat the Embassy will accept and what USCIS will accept for adjustment of status are totally different.

ETA:

Link that embassy review where they got a 221g for no house book. I'd like to read it.

Edited by Karee

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

She went to her birth town with her mother and an elder. The big boss printed a document in Thai and put a big red stamp on it. I'm told this is the birth certificate for her and her daughter. They generated a similar document they tell me is her "free to marry" certificate.

The review I'm referring to is here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=Thailand&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

If I'm reading it right, she got the 221 for not having the house registration.

Timeline

I know now. You read Sud Yaud's review. I've been going back and forth with her on PM. She got the 221g because of a missing police report from Singapore, not the blue book (house book)

She went to her birth town with her mother and an elder. The big boss printed a document in Thai and put a big red stamp on it. I'm told this is the birth certificate for her and her daughter. They generated a similar document they tell me is her "free to marry" certificate.

The review I'm referring to is here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=Thailand&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=

If I'm reading it right, she got the 221 for not having the house registration.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Look up.

Edited by Karee

Timeline

Ok, she wasn;t clear. It read like she got it for the house registration. So we don;t need it then right?

No she doesn't need it if she has a birth certificate. Make sure she get's any documents translated into English for the adjustment of status. Do it in Thailand now. It will save you from having to pay big bucks in the U.S. to get it done.

Timeline

Ok, where should she go? I assume it needs to be a certified translation. And, I assume she needs to translate both birth certificates, and the "free to marry" certificate.

Anything else she should get translations of before she leaves?

Edited by slowlyman

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I know now. You read Sud Yaud's review. I've been going back and forth with her on PM. She got the 221g because of a missing police report from Singapore, not the blue book (house book)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Look up.

Sud Yaud said they finally found her missing report so they will issue the visa.

Timeline

Sud Yaud said they finally found her missing report so they will issue the visa.

Yeah she PM'ed me yesterday. Good news. I still don't know why Singapore wouldn't just send it to her directly, but oh well, it all worked out.

Timeline

Ok, where should she go? I assume it needs to be a certified translation. And, I assume she needs to translate both birth certificates, and the "free to marry" certificate.

Don't think you need to have the free to marry translated. That is just for the embassy in Bangkok. There's all kinds of places near the embassy to get the birth certificates translated. My wife got it all done in Chiang Mai, so I don't have any specific places in BKK.

Timeline

Don't think you need to have the free to marry translated. That is just for the embassy in Bangkok. There's all kinds of places near the embassy to get the birth certificates translated. My wife got it all done in Chiang Mai, so I don't have any specific places in BKK.

Could you send me the Thai for "certified translation" I don;t trust Google.

Timeline

Has anybody tried onehourtranslation.com.? I've used them a few times when we hit a tough patch and I wanted to be sure there was no misunderstandings. I've never used them for a certified translation.

Timeline

Could you send me the Thai for "certified translation" I don;t trust Google.

การรับรองสำเนาถูกต้อง (CERTIFIED TRUE COPY)

"certified correct translation" หรือ "ขอรับรองว่าเป็นคำแปลถูกต้อง"

Timeline

The " certification " is wildly misunderstood. All she needs is the translation done by anyone competent in both languages. They sign a simple statement indicating such and that is the certification.

Anything submitted should include a translation if for no other reason than the file being forwarded later to the officer that will do the AOS in the USA.

She should be able to find someone to do this very easily right where she lives now. Fees for this are usually about 500 to 800 baht per document.

Timeline

USCIS Document Translation Policy

Per the USCIS, documents not in English must be translated. The policy states as follows: "All documents that are in a language other than English must be submitted with a translation. The person translating the document must certify that the translation is complete and accurate and that he/she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English."

All translations must include a statement similar to the following:

Certification by Translator:

I typed name , certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and

languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the

document attached entitled .

Signature

Date Typed Name

Address

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.