7 posts in this topic

Everything is fine I hope. Should be done with the interview this next week.

Its less than 1 week before the interview and I have been told for months now I can get a joint sponsor. Yes I know that NVC. I tell the NVC i don't have one whats my options... Well assets. Ok fine then guide me... We can't sir call the embassy. Don't worry if you have 3x the 125% poverty level in assets, but we can't really comment its their decision.

Ok less than 1 week before the interview now and I've called the embassy multiple times and still NVC never sent the paper copies of the I864 and financial evidence i sent them before. No guidance from the NVC at about the formats of the documents for financial evidence.

I have not seen any don't have a job got approved VJ post before. Mostly denied even though I had more than 3X the 126^ poverty level. So why doesn't NVC just say you can't do it on assets alone with no Job. Why give people the idea that you can move on to the embassy without the joint sponsor its been 1+month waiting for an interview and a consultation with the embassy on the phone about the case. But it never happened like NVC said it could or would.

We don't have a sponsor. But we meet the requirements of the asset based guidance in the documentation on the USCIS and Department of State websites for I864 2011 version. We does this have to be so frustrating. We can't the VO at the Embassy and the NVC work together via Phone and comment on the case before the interview?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

NVC cannot possibly remember each consulates regulations on assets. It is the consulates decision, not NVCs

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

NVC cannot possibly remember each consulates regulations on assets. It is the consulates decision, not NVCs

Good luck

I know its just frustrating that the NVC never sent the case file to the Embassy so the embassy refused to comment until they get the case file which they say its common to get it only 1-2 days before the interview. Impossible situation NVC points the finger at the embassy and the embassy points the finger at the NVC.

I don't see anyone in their right mind thinking my W-2/1040 history, Assets, and Education Level would result in my wife being a public charge within the next 5 years, but that's not to say paralyzed by fear of retribution they might be afraid to approve or thinking an automatic deny = automatic join sponsor.

Would have been nice to have had even 5 minutes of phone call guidance from the Embassy, but they won't touch it without the full case notes file from the NVC they say.

I can get a job. I only didn't work because i don't have to. I wish I spent less quality time with the family and more hours in a cubic farm now.

You need to find a good Immigration Lawer. He will go on the Internet and find out what you need.

Oh what is this amazing thing we're on right now? The internet, right! AWESOME! Well lets Google! (Or Bing.. or whatever is your favourite search engine.) I tried once, but my search parameters may need some adjusting. blush.png

It's quite possible that Manila wants you to be comfortably over the 3x if not closer to 5x in assets. You normally cannot include the home you currently live in or anything that is not immediately liquid without great penalty. No matter how you cut it, it's always a gamble.

Best of luck to the OP. I hope everything turns out well for you!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Oh what is this amazing thing we're on right now? The internet, right! AWESOME! Well lets Google! (Or Bing.. or whatever is your favourite search engine.) I tried once, but my search parameters may need some adjusting. blush.png

It's quite possible that Manila wants you to be comfortably over the 3x if not closer to 5x in assets. You normally cannot include the home you currently live in or anything that is not immediately liquid without great penalty. No matter how you cut it, it's always a gamble.

Best of luck to the OP. I hope everything turns out well for you!

Thanks! On a second note I've reviewed the department of states website on this. Denial based on Public charge or Section 212(a) of the Immigration and Nationality act says:

(A) In general.-Any alien who, in the opinion of the consular officer at the time of application for a visa, or in the opinion of the Attorney General at the time of application for admission or adjustment of status, is likely at any time to become a public charge is inadmissible.

(B) Factors to be taken into account.-

(i) In determining whether an alien is excludable under this paragraph, the consular officer or the Attorney General shall at a minimum consider the alien's-

(I) age;

(II) health;

(III) family status;

(IV) assets, resources, and financial status; and

(V) education and skills

(ii) In addition to the factors under clause (i), the consular officer or the Attorney General may also consider any affidavit of support under section 213A for purposes of exclusion under this paragraph.

My wife didn't finish High School and doesn't have any assets. Using the AOS under 213A they should see adequate assets exist without due harm to liquidate and use. But we'll see what they say. I'm still hoping the Embassy will get the paper file from the NVC and comment on my case before the interview. If they advise against the interview I'm happy to return to work and give my wife and updated AOS at a later interview date.

Not sure what they do if its denied and I can't get a Joint Sponsor. If they give my wife time to have my pay stubs in hand for a further interview or what?

I'm not sure how long you have to reply to a 221(g) I'm sorry. :(

I would hope they would!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.