6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I have filed a K-1 to bring my fiancé from the U.K. to the states. I just received notice that the CA servicing center approved out Visa and it is on it's way to the NVC now. A couple weeks ago my fiancé moved from London, England back to Cardiff, Wales. Who do we need notify of his change of address and how?

I don't want any important paperwork to go to the old house in London and get lost. Apparently it costs 90 pounds to leave a forwarding address with the post office in the UK. There must be a way other than the link on the USCIS website that seems to only be for non-citizens who are already in the states as it makes you specify what state you are currently in...Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This whole thing has been very stressful for us and we are worried we won't get the visa on time for our wedding this October as CA took 3 months longer to process our application then was stated online, 5 months, actually took 8 months! :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Call the NVC. They will be able to update the address if it has not already been forwarded to London. If it has been forwarded to London already, you will need to contact the unit that handles Immigration visa's for the embassy.

I have filed a K-1 to bring my fiancé from the U.K. to the states. I just received notice that the CA servicing center approved out Visa and it is on it's way to the NVC now. A couple weeks ago my fiancé moved from London, England back to Cardiff, Wales. Who do we need notify of his change of address and how?

I don't want any important paperwork to go to the old house in London and get lost. Apparently it costs 90 pounds to leave a forwarding address with the post office in the UK. There must be a way other than the link on the USCIS website that seems to only be for non-citizens who are already in the states as it makes you specify what state you are currently in...Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This whole thing has been very stressful for us and we are worried we won't get the visa on time for our wedding this October as CA took 3 months longer to process our application then was stated online, 5 months, actually took 8 months! sad.png

Hi,

I was in a similar situation once in a similar situation. I was in London then I moved to Dubai. But I managed to change my embassy from London to Dubai. After my case number was generated, I had to send them the instructions to change the embassy from London to Dubai in the post. Call NVC and ask them about the address that you would need to send the letter to. It takes about 2 weeks to get the embassy changed from the day they recieve the letter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you for your quick responses! :) I will contact the NVC on Monday morning and my fiancée is going to contact the Embassy in London. Thanks for the advise! Much appreciated! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for your quick responses! smile.png I will contact the NVC on Monday morning and my fiancée is going to contact the Embassy in London. Thanks for the advise! Much appreciated! smile.png

Yup! Just contact NVC as soon as possible. I think that's what my fiance did when he moved to another place. Don't worry! Most of the important documents will be sent to the petitioner (you). The only one I got was a letter from the consulate here telling me that they have received our case and that we can schedule our interview.

My K1 Visa Interview Experience: http://perksandgrumps.com/us-embassy-manila-interview-for-k1-visa/

July 13, 2013 = Arrived in the U.S. (Port of Entry: Hawaii)

August 3, 2013 = Got married!

August 29, 2013 = Mailed application for Adjustment of Status

September 7, 2013 = Received NOA1

October 1, 2013 = Biometrics done.

November 20, 2013 = Scheduled interview.

December 2, 2013 = Green Card received! The letter said they approved my application on Nov 22. 

----------

AOS

Filed = Sept. 3, 2014

NOA 1 = Sept. 7, 2014

Biometrics = October 1, 2014

Interview = October 20, 2014

Green card received = October 22, 2014

----------

Thank you for your quick responses! :) I will contact the NVC on Monday morning and my fiancée is going to contact the Embassy in London. Thanks for the advise! Much appreciated! :)

You can get by without changing the address if you don't get to NVC before it is sent to London. . Also ask NVC for the new case number assigned while you have them on the phone. You will get a letter from NVC with that number, but you can ask them for it too.

Calling the embassy costs per minute and they may or may not get it right anyway. Here's some help:

* A list of what to be working on now for London http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/ sorry the police certificate link has changed, but is corrected just a few posts down.

** An explanation of what is in the letter formerly know as "packet 3" that he may not receive in the post. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/?p=5137390

*** The letter that will come from the embassy can be read and printed here, so you know what it says. You don't have to have the actual letter for anything. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/?p=5180175

So your fiancé doesn't really have to receive the letter. It lets you know London is ready and has your case logged in, but you can also find that out by calling the Dept of State. It is a US phone number. DOS 202-663-1225 press 1, then 0. They don't charge per minute to give you information. Once you find out that London has logged the case, then your fiancé can proceed with mailing in his forms and the rest of the instructions. There is a link to the full London web instructions in the second link I put in above.

So when he fills out his visa application forms for London, he puts the new Wales address. That will serve as an address change and they will mail his interview letter to the address he puts on the forms, not the address in your I129F petition.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.