BeanCamp

How to Track K1 Visa after Approval

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This goes out to anyone who has already been approved and received a visa from the Kingston Embassy. We had our interview on the 28th of May. We were APPROVED! Now the comes the question of tracking the visa.

In the past, the method was to track visa's through DHL's website. However, as of March (many of you already know) the process was changed and now for the fiance visa the embassy requires applicants to register at usvisa-info and designate where the applicant would like the visa delivered to. Well my question is, Do I refer to the usvisa-info site to track the visa? I saw post for the Mexican embassy where it was suggested to just contact DOS to verify the status.

Any information anyone can provide is much appreciated.

Also, for those whom have received their visa, particularly the fiance visa; How long did it take for the visa to be delivered after the interview? Is it reasonable to think the process is still about 8-10 business days?

Thank you.

Edited by BeanCamp

Yes, you would use the usvisa website to track the package. You will not see the waybill number until it has been picked up by DHL though. You can also call the State Dept. to see where it is, as they have more information available but wait about a week before calling them. Our visa took a few weeks, another VJ'er that had their interview on the same day as us got theirs in 7 days. I have no idea why...... Just a little more patience now, you're almost there! My honey picked up his visa on the 14th, I had him on a plane the next day, lol

Timeline

Yes, you would use the usvisa website to track the package. You will not see the waybill number until it has been picked up by DHL though. You can also call the State Dept. to see where it is, as they have more information available but wait about a week before calling them. Our visa took a few weeks, another VJ'er that had their interview on the same day as us got theirs in 7 days. I have no idea why...... Just a little more patience now, you're almost there! My honey picked up his visa on the 14th, I had him on a plane the next day, lol

Thank you, this information really does help alot! Now, did you have your DHL screen print at the time of the embassy or you had to email it to them? Wondering if this is where the addition time came in. Defintely a little more patience now, it's just so hard. After spending time together, it is so hard to leave your love one behind. He too has said he is coming as soon has that visa is delivered. Which I pray is really soon!

We had the screen print.....Who knows why, seems they change how they do things on an almost daily basis. I'm sure you'll get it by the end of next week, stay in touch!

This goes out to anyone who has already been approved and received a visa from the Kingston Embassy. We had our interview on the 28th of May. We were APPROVED! Now the comes the question of tracking the visa.

In the past, the method was to track visa's through DHL's website. However, as of March (many of you already know) the process was changed and now for the fiance visa the embassy requires applicants to register at usvisa-info and designate where the applicant would like the visa delivered to. Well my question is, Do I refer to the usvisa-info site to track the visa? I saw post for the Mexican embassy where it was suggested to just contact DOS to verify the status.

Any information anyone can provide is much appreciated.

Also, for those whom have received their visa, particularly the fiance visa; How long did it take for the visa to be delivered after the interview? Is it reasonable to think the process is still about 8-10 business days?

Thank you.

http://ceac.state.gov and enter your case # to see when it is "Issued" then check the dhl site to see if when the air way bill becomes available.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

DoS Hotline also knows status. limited status, but some status.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

http://ceac.state.gov and enter your case # to see when it is "Issued" then check the dhl site to see if when the air way bill becomes available.

Do you know how to figure out how to get the waybill # off DHL? Also, the status says "Ready" but talks about ready for the interview. The status was updated on 5/28/2013. Any thoughts about this?

Can someone explosión this to me i rey it but no luck please help

Explain*

I'd love to explain. Could you be specific as to what exactly you are confused about?

Do you know how to figure out how to get the waybill # off DHL? Also, the status says "Ready" but talks about ready for the interview. The status was updated on 5/28/2013. Any thoughts about this?

I'd love to explain. Could you be specific as to what exactly you are confused about?

The way bill will not be available until the DHL receives the package from the Embassy and scan it in their system, in other words the way bill is the "tracking #".

Once the status is still showing as ready, then the visa is not yet issued by the Embassy, once the visa is issued the status will show "ISSUED'. You can call 876 632-7400 or email kingstoniv@state.gov for more information on the stats of your visa.

Timeline

The way bill will not be available until the DHL receives the package from the Embassy and scan it in their system, in other words the way bill is the "tracking #".

Once the status is still showing as ready, then the visa is not yet issued by the Embassy, once the visa is issued the status will show "ISSUED'. You can call 876 632-7400 or email kingstoniv@state.gov for more information on the stats of your visa.

Thank you. So going through the embassy is the best bet rather than DOS?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

HI, i just tried to track the visa on this website and when i entered the case # it just came back saying that "my search did not return any data" :((( Im trying t track the Visa too to no avail .. why is it so complicated :((((

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Is there a difference on the dos website between "issued" and "ready"

It's been 10 days and Naples says they still don't have our file.....

I can't seem to navigate dhl to track ... Discouraged ... So many mishandlings by the whole process .....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.