goodlucklife

Transferred file from vsc to Texas got touched today!!!!!!

2,730 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I'm sorry I don't know the answer but hopefully someone else will know smile.png

i do have a question though - how do you know if your case is even with an adjudicator? I haven't registered for the updates because I believe my attorney is registered as a rep but I'd like to register myself..is that how people can tell their file was "touched" like I see people reference?

Go to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do and enter your receipt number to see the last date it was updated, or sign up for an account and add your receipt number to your portfolio to get alerts. I'm not positive but the "Last Updated" date in the portfolio may sometimes be different than the case status, which indicates an additional touch beyond the latest status update (can someone confirm this?).

I hope you get yours approved ASAP!!!! I can't even imagine being away from my child and fiancee.

I'm going on 9 months since I haven't seen my fiancee sad.png

Thanks it's not easy... Hope you get an approval soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Same for me i am dec5 th .... Happy for January filers but in 2 weeks it will be' 7 months we are waiting.... Hmmmmmpffft

Congrats guys...I don't understand! My date is Dec4th I guess they really do use a random algorithm...

It's depressing to see someone from the middle of January receive an approval..
Congrats to them but what happened to the petitions before...

USCIS needs to change their system.. it should be approved or denied in order as they are received. It's not fair for them to jump around as if we do not have urgency to be here with our loved ones....

:(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

which last four receipt numbers got approved? Is it really by receipt number... ? I thought it was randomized receipt numberssss.....

It's depressing to see someone from the middle of January receive an approval..
Congrats to them but what happened to the petitions before...

USCIS needs to change their system.. it should be approved or denied in order as they are received. It's not fair for them to jump around as if we do not have urgency to be here with our loved ones....

sad.png

I will pray for you . I hope you get approved soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

which last four receipt numbers got approved? Is it really by receipt number... ? I thought it was randomized receipt numberssss.....

Seems to be random. One of the approvals last night had the same NOA1 date as me which is Jan 7. I have yet to see any change in my petitions status since May 30th.

event.png

thanks I will pray for you also...

Timeline

Hey everyone it would be interesting to keep track of those who got a approved and how quickly you get your case numbers from the national visa center. NVC .. They say its an average of 7 days.... Can you let us know?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Yeah, Angelina.. I heard the same. I heard its 7 days till the interview date. I hope so.. ! That means I have to book my plane ticket :)

OOps.. I mean 7 days for them to give you an appointment. Sorry... typed it wrong*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

I just checked the case status and a case before ours was approved yesterday. I'm so excited and hopefully i get something today.

idea9dv.gifdancin5hr.gif

March 27- AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox ( I-130, I-485, I-765)

March 28 - Package received at USCIS.

April 1- NOA1

April 2 - Email and text notification with Receipt Numbers.

April 2 - Checks cashed in

April 10 - Hardcopy of NOA1 for all three applications.

April 11 - Received biometrics appointment letter for 04/29/2014

April 15 - Completed Walk in Biometrics appointment successfully. (Original Appointment was for 29th April)

July 10- Potential Interview Waiver

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Fingers crossed this week and next should be promising for all of us!!!! Xoxooxoxoxox Patience hold their hand in the distance, this is just a test. Love is Love 7 months 2 years or three far or close when something is for you it's for you!!!!

Joke:

man finds a condom in his grandson's apartment and asks what it is.

"It's a condom," replies the grandson, sheepishly.

"What do you use it for?" asks Grandpa.

The grandson is embarrassed, so he says, "I use it to keep my cigarettes dry when I smoke in the rain."

Grandpa says, "That's a great idea." He goes to the drug store and asks the pharmacist for a condom.

"What size would you like?" asks the pharmacist.

"Big enough to fit a Camel."

Aww guys I am so happy, So full of hope for all of us heart.gif

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Timeline

Yeah, Angelina.. I heard the same. I heard its 7 days till the interview date. I hope so.. ! That means I have to book my plane ticket :)

OOps.. I mean 7 days for them to give you an appointment. Sorry... typed it wrong*

No actually it's 7 days you get your case number ... Then depending on what country your fiancé is from the interview date conf later on. Your fiancé still needs to receive a packet 3 ... You get a is keys 3 but calling the consulate with the case number the nvc gives you ... Do getting an interview date takes longer than 6 days !!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

While the approvals from VJ members don't follow any logical order, I'm guess that when the cases first arrived in Texas, they were split up into stacks and each adjudicator took a stack. I don't know if the stacks went in order based on receipt number or if each stack spanned the entire transferred range and had a selection of cases from Dec-Jan. Either way, a lot depends on how quick your particular adjudicator works, what other types of cases (and how complex they are) are in your stack as well as many other factors. I checked a range of about 200 cases before and after my receipt number and I was the only I-129f in there. The rest were all DACAs, some employment petitions, and visa extensions. I'm guessing the adjudicator assigned to my stack breezed through those and was able to get to my I-129f from Dec 20th faster, while others were assigned more complex petitions that take longer to process. That's just my gut feeling. TSC seems to be kicking it into high gear and I really think everyone will receive notice soon.

I'm new to VJ and to this process but I would have thought they would have divided petitions as they came into the centers and only assigned certain types to certain reps. If they took only I129Fs and I130s out and transferred a bunch to TSC like mine, wouldn't they have had to do that either when they came out or when they were going to transfer them? Then they would only need to train some staff at TSC on how to process instead of everyone.

I did check a bunch before and after mine as well and most weren't fiance petitions which I was hoping meant it would happen sooner if only the fiance visas were transferred. If they are all intermingled that makes me less hopeful for quicker turnarounds as the newly trained TSC members aren't getting used to doing them with several a day - they may only have one here or there.

ugh this process is so frustrating. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.