Constantine1234

Piece of advice would really help..

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi!! I'm filing for a removal of condition on august and here's the dilemma..me and my wife are currently living with my relative in her house. Basically, our deal was we can have a room for free as long as we pay all the utilities. Our problem is, the bills of course are under her name coz she's the owner of the house..but we are paying the bills thru my acct which i can just give immigration a copy of the transactions. Do you think that is ok? We are planning to move to an apartment. My question is, would it be better to move as soon as possible (so the bills will be under our names and so we can have a lease contract) before removal of condition (august) or just wait after removal of condition? Any advice would really be appreciated!

If we move as soon as possible, we need to file for a change of address.do you think we still have time for that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You need to have her write a letter attesting to how long you have been living there together and how you have the arrangements made up - to pay the bills. Attach the bank proof of your paying the bills to this letter.

If you move put your new address on the forms.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

My husband and I live with my mom in her house, so I am kind of wondering the same thing. I am going to have her write a letter that we live with her and have her sign it. Though does she really have to prove that we pay her rent and such? I mean does USCIS really care whether or not we pay rent to my mother? I don't think it should. We are paying her rent although we have just been keeping track of what we owe her because we pay a lot of other things that she owes us money for, things like groceries and gas for the cars... Anyways, I hope just a letter explaining that we live with her in her house is good enough. We're planning to send out our ROC package next week.

VJAvatar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I live with my mom in her house, so I am kind of wondering the same thing. I am going to have her write a letter that we live with her and have her sign it. Though does she really have to prove that we pay her rent and such? I mean does USCIS really care whether or not we pay rent to my mother? I don't think it should. We are paying her rent although we have just been keeping track of what we owe her because we pay a lot of other things that she owes us money for, things like groceries and gas for the cars... Anyways, I hope just a letter explaining that we live with her in her house is good enough. We're planning to send out our ROC package next week.

They want to see you co-mingling finances and paying for things together. Proving paying rent is a good thing to show them with the letter, also proves how long you have been living together by showing 2 years of rent payments at the location etc.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Yes that is true. Unfortunately we don't have proof we have been paying her rent, because we haven't, we owe her the rent and we trust each other that we are keeping track of this info correctly. We have enough money to pay all the rent. I know it sounds bizarre but that was her choice at first. We pay for everything else and we just figure out our fiances and what we owe my mom and what she owes us once a month or so. And honestly back a couple years ago, we had no idea if would be still living with my mom or not by the time we did ROC. But because it took my husband pretty much a year to get a steady job, that is one of the reasons we are still here. (Plus my mom is ill and we help her a lot and she enjoys our company.) We are planning to move to San Francisco this fall for me to go to college down there, but it will be kind of hard to leave my mom, I worry about her. Anyways I guess I am rambling, I was just kind of worried at first since we don't own property or have a lease agreement or utility bills since we have been living with my mom. I hope a letter from her explaining that we have been living with her the whole time is good enough. We have a lot of other documents showing co-mingling finances, but I guess I still worry a bit, as our situation with my mom seems a unusual.

VJAvatar.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

letter of attestation, signed by the three humans involved, is perfect , as it then is backed up by the 'transaction evidence' .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It is not in the least unusual for couples involved with immigration to live with family members. We live with my mother and a notarized letter from her was enough for my daughter's school enrollment and I suspect something of the like would do the same for you, rent or no rent.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Captain Pinoy -

re: moving: Why to move ? if all are comfortable, stay there, la.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Thank you so much for your reaponses! We really do appreciate it! The reason why we're moving is it's about time to be on our own. We were just thinking if we move as soon as possible or just wait after the removal. At least if we move asap, we can have the bills under our name plus we could do the letter too..but do you think its a good idea to move before the removal of condition?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.