Dave H

Received Letter from USCIS to send off I-751

9 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have just received a letter from USCIS saying I need to forward I-751 along with info and fees, is this the norm as my Green Cad does not expire until September 13th 201, so if I am correct in thinking I have to send off the I-751 and everything else after 15th of June (90 days before it actually expires)

Also one more thing, I have moved twice since filing my last info but they did not update my address even though I filed online.

Should I just call them and update my address and ask about the date I should file, I do have everything in order, joint everything.

Thanks in anticipation

Dave :)

Hi all,

I have just received a letter from USCIS saying I need to forward I-751 along with info and fees, is this the norm as my Green Cad does not expire until September 13th 201, so if I am correct in thinking I have to send off the I-751 and everything else after 15th of June (90 days before it actually expires)

Also one more thing, I have moved twice since filing my last info but they did not update my address even though I filed online.

Should I just call them and update my address and ask about the date I should file, I do have everything in order, joint everything.

Thanks in anticipation

Dave :)

They never update the I751 reminder. It always goes to the greencard address. Your address changes are otherwise fine. You may apply anytime in the 90 day window prior to expiration. Your NOA receipt will extend your greencard for one year.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This is normal, pay attention to this and see the calculator ie. 90 days before expiration of the card. Filing Date Calculator

Update your address. Make sure you are using the date on the card not something else. All else fails do an info pass appointment asap.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Yep it's totally normal. Remember, June 15 is just a few weeks away.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Yep...they sent me this notice too...to the old address even though I filed the change of address online.ranting33va.gif

Likewise. They sent a reminder to our old address about a month prior to the 90 day window opening. It's normal and nothing to worry about. Just file within your 90 day window and you will be fine.

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just to reiterate...

The reminder is AUTOMATED. It is based on the address at which you received your GC. It is NOT updated when you update your address with USCIS. It does not NEED to be updated. This is perfectly normal.

I also received mine to my GC address (I had since moved) and I also received it about a month or so before my window opened. Not everyone gets the letter (most commonly because they moved and have no access to the old address) and it does not affect any part of your process whether you do or do not.

Remember to file in the 90 days, that's all smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Mine, is due to expire in June 23 soon. Can I do a name change to when I'm filling out the I-751 form?

I will be submitting this Weds.

My address was also change, but didn't get a notices as well.

Edited by Up in the Sky

04/06/11 Automatic recorder on the NVC machine stated that my package was received this date and have to wait 6-8 weeks for next responds

04/16/11 RFE issing my spouse passport biopage

04/18/11 Email back the missing paperwork for NVC

04/19/11 Email from NVC they recieved the RFE I sent.

04/20/11 Spoke with NVC they say have to wait 20days for change

05/16/11 Spoke with NVC they say "case is complete, and that their interview appointment is full for June- to call back in June 17 for a interview appointment time for July most likely."

05/16/11 SIF on the payment portal website

05/20/11 Interview letter arrived via email for June 15 interview date in Guz

06/13/11 Medical Test today

06/15/11 Doc intake

06/16/11 Interview day waited for my wife at the embassy

06/16/11 APPROVE

06/18/11 Visa in her hand at China post office

6/23/11 Land in US at San Francisco airport

7/11/11 Waiting for her SSN card, received her Green Card Already

Thanks for all the replies, I knew the date I have is correct but wasn't sure why I received the letter, cannot wait for June to come along now :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.