zooropa

VSC is MONTHS behind CSC

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is the terrible truth. Please do not be persuaded to believe otherwise. Just look at IGORs list to see first hand.

Please contact your congresspeople... Senators...tell them this system is broken...we need to overhaul the ENTIRE program...not just one center...

This is the terrible truth. Please do not be persuaded to believe otherwise. Just look at IGORs list to see first hand.

Please contact your congresspeople... Senators...tell them this system is broken...we need to overhaul the ENTIRE program...not just one center...

Coming from the perspective of someone who went through the same thing with CSC a few months ago, don't concentrate on CSC, focus your complaint on the fact that VSC is behind it's stated goal and needs to prioritize their case load better. They seem to listen to that more than anything else.

Do message your elected officials, but also contact the VSC directly by mail and email. It was a few weeks after the write in campaign to CSC that they started moving again. If enough people rise up and complain to the ones in charge, they may well adjust their priorities and get you back on track again.

I hope you guys are able to get VSC a swift kick and get them back on track. Best of luck to you

FILE FOR K-1 Adjustment of Status Removal of Conditions

January 31.2010 - Met Online April 10, 2014 - Mailed in I-485 + I-765 March 19, 2016 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

February 20, 2011 - Met in Person April 14, 2014 - Forms arrived at Chicago Lockbox March 23, 2016 - I-751 arrived at CSC

July 28, 2012 - Engaged April 17, 2014 - Acceptance email arrived stating case forwarded to NBC March 23, 2016 - NOA1 Date (received March 28)

February 5, 2013 - Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX April 27, 2014 - Received letter for Biometrics appointment April 20, 2016 - Biometrics scheduled (incomplete due to dry cracked skin)

February 6, 2013 - USPS Receipt/Delivered I-129F April 28, 2014 - Received Acceptance NOA1 hard copies for AOS and EAD May 13, 2016 - Walk in Biometrics Completed

February 8, 2013 - NOA1 Notice Date May 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Done September 27, 2016 - ROC Approved (Checked status via website w/receipt #)

February 11, 2013 - Bank shows check cashed today May 15, 2014 - Interview Schedule Letter (received May 17, 2014) October 6, 2016 - Card Arrived

February 11, 2013 - E-Mail Notification of Case Acceptance and June 5, 2014 - Interview Scheduled at Local office 8:15 a.m.

Case Number (Routed to California Service Center) June 11, 2014 - USCIS Status updated to show Greencard in the mail

February 12, 2013 - E Mail Notification of Alien Registration Number Change w/USPS tracking showing it scheduled to arrive

February 15, 2013 - Hard Copy NOA1 received June 14, 2014

June 5, 2013 - Email notice of RFE June 13, 2014 - GreenCard arrived

June 6, 2013 - RFE postmarked

June 10, 2013 - RFE arrived in the mail

June 11, 2013 - RFE mailed back Express USPS

June 12, 2013 - RFE received @ CSC / USCIS website updated to reflect this

June 20, 2013 - I-129F Approved

June 24, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

June 28, 2013 - NVC Assigned Case Number

July 2, 2013 - NVC shipped case to London

July 9, 2013 - London Received Case File

July 13, 2013 - Packet 3 Instructions Received

July 17, 2013 - Packet 3 Forms Mailed (Except DS-2001)

July 30, 2013 - DS-2001 sent (arrived July 31)

July 30, 2013 - Medical Scheduled (and completed w/no issues)

August 5th - Medical Results Logged in

August 8th - DS-2001 Logged in

August 20, 2013 - Interview Date Set

September 17, 2013 - Interview at 8:00 a.m. (APPROVED)

Waiting for VISA...

September 25, 2013 - Visa Delivered

October 8, 2013 - POE Las Vegas, NV

October 11, 2013 - Married

October 13th - HOME

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

I fully FULLY support VSC filers contacting their representatives, ombudsmen and even center directors to make waves and changes and improvements. VSC is far behind their stated goal and are moving very slowly. It needs to improve, EVERYONE agrees on that.

I'd like to share what worked and what didn't, from my perspective when we went on an outraged campaign against CSC. I am not saying you shouldn't do anything and everything in your power -- you should! This is just my summary of what I feel was helpful:

(1) The OMBUDSMAN at OLUInquiries <OLUInquiries@uscis.dhs.gov> was incredibly responsive to emails, usually answering within 24-48 hours personally. Be polite and not hysterical. Cite absolute facts, such as the posted processing times and the national goals and the facts that you are aware of. Use VisaJourney data ONLY as backup to support what shows on official USCIS sites -- they often respond with "that is not official data and is invalid" if you only reference what Igor's List is telling us. (We know it's accurate but they deflect.) When contacting the ombudsman, there is no need to reference your case number -- you can make general complaints and raise awareness without even mentioning that you are currently in the system.

(2) Senators and representatives will generally only respond to specific case number complaints. There is often a very long wait (in my case, 4-5 weeks) before they even deign to look at your letter. Perhaps smaller states may have more luck, I'm California and my senators have 30 million people to handle. I recommend trying your local congress representative rather than senator, since they deal with far fewer constituents. I did not have good luck with broad, systematic concerns about the entire process -- instead, they wanted to know my specific case number and place an inquiry for me only. They were uninterested in the systematic issues I raised. Some posters reported their senators saying "yes we are aware of the rising number of complaints" but mine didn't even go that far. I hope you all have better luck than me in that regard.

(3) We did find the contact information for the Director of the Service Center and sent many postal letters and emails to him directly. Some received generic canned responses, others got no reply whatsoever. Even when he did not reply, I feel that the sheer volume of complaints all arriving on his desk in the same week must have made an impression. Indeed we saw CSC reallocate resources and kick into gear only about 2 weeks after our huge campaign. Our complaints addressed the entire system as well as the factual backlog specific to CSC. We had GREAT PEOPLE here on VisaJourney making graphs, charts and tracking OFFICIAL reports of the backlog. Referencing a graph using official data was, I feel, worth a thousand words that made no effect -- pictures tell the story very well. Again, however, Igor's List is not going to be of much help - they don't care what individual people enter in their timelines, only what the USCIS officially reports.

4) A few people started to look into contacting media outlets. I think that's a great idea but it's a bit harder to accomplish quickly. I don't know of any major media reports arising from our CSC activity, but I do recommend it if anyone has media contacts, I've had great luck with local issues via the media in the past (non visa related).

I truly wish you the best of luck and hope that the situation for EVERYONE no matter what center does improve quickly!

Relationship since April 2006

K-1 Visa: I-129F filed November 6, 2012, NOA2 May 17, 2013, Interview and Approval July 24, 2013

POE San Diego, September 13, 2013, Wedding October 25, 2013

AOS filed November 19, 2013, EAD/AP received January 30, 2014, interview and AOS Approval on February 27, 2014.

ROC filed December 3, 2015, NOA1 12/4/15, Biometrics 12/31/15, ROC Approval on June 16, 2016, 10-Year Green Card received June 22, 2016.

N400 filed September 14, 2023, same day acceptance and Biometric Reuse notice, Interview on 2/13/24: Passed and same day oath. ALL DONE WITH USCIS.

No RFE at any stage, thanks to VisaJourney!

Detailed Timeline Below!

Relationship:
2006 April 01: Met online, music site, 2007 February 20: Met in person, Finland, 2007 - 2012 met several times in Finland and California

K-1 Visa:
2012 November 06: Sent I-129F (NOA1 on 11/9/2012)
2013 May 14: Contacted Congressman
2013 May 17: I-129F NOA2 Approved
2013 June 03: NVC Received (NVC left 6/6/13)
2013 June 10: Consulate Received, 2013 June 13: Medical, 2013 June 25: Sent Packet 3/4
2013 July 24: Interview in Helsinki, 2013 July 27: Visa Received
2013 September 13: POE to USA, San Diego

AOS:
2013 October 22: SSN Received
2013 October 25: Wedding, San Marcos, CA
2013 November 19: AOS, AP, EAD sent (NOA 1 on 11/22/13)
2013 December 17: Biometrics, San Marcos, CA, 2013 December 24: Online status changed to Testing/Interview

2014 January 23: Interview notice mailed (for 2/27), 2014 January 24: EAD card production, AP approval (card received 1/30/2014)

2014 February 27: Interview and Approval, GC in production (card received March 6, 2014)

ROC:

2015 December 03: mailed I-751 package

2015 December 04: NOA1 extension letter, 2015 December 31: Biometrics appointment

2016 June 16: Approval - Online status changed to Document Production, mailed 6/20/16

2016 June 22: 10-Year Green Card Received, done with USCIS for a while!

N-400 Citizenship:

2023 September 14: filed N-400 online

2023 September 14: same day acceptance notice and "Biometrics Reuse" notice

2023 December 28: notice of interview scheduled for February 13, 2024

2024 February 13: naturalization interview (five-year rule) passed, same day oath - now a US Citizen and done with USCIS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I contacted ... They can't do anything... And even if they overhauled the system ... The change won't happen overnight ... I am afraid I say

Also, may this have something to do with why VSC is always slower?

"The Vermont Service Center is the the only jurisdiction for all Violence Against Women Cases (VAWA) and all Form I-914 and Form I-918 applications."

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Also, another e-mail address to send your complaints to - USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations: SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov

Mail address to the director -

Daniel M. Renaud

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden St.
Saint Albans, Vermont 05479

My fiance is also e-mailing the Ombudsman currently.

Edited by QueenOfBlades

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

An e-mail my fiance just sent to the USCIS Ombudsman -

USCIS VSC Complaint

Hello, my name is ____ and I am writing this to make a complaint about the USCIS Vermont Service Center. My fiancee and I filed for our I-129F K-1 Fiancee petition in January 2013 and we are fast approaching the 5 month mark. Not long ago the Vermont Service Center posted a October 15, 2012 processing date as their current status. This means that at their posted rate it would be 7 months or more until our case is adjudicated. The K-1 Fiancee visa was originally intended to be a faster route for couples intending to marry to be together and start their lives together. Since July 2012, a significant number of filers have had to wait 6 months or more following the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) applications for illegal immigrants. I believe that US citizens looking to start their lives with their loved ones should be placed ahead of those who are already in the country illegally.The California Service Center has reduced their processing time to 5 months on their official website and I am aware of a large number of K-1 filers from January and even February 2013 (without expedites) are seeing approvals from the CSC. Whereas Vermont Service Center still has a 7 month wait in their processing time and a backlog of 2012 petitions and seem to be processing slower than CSC. With the official time posted on VSC's website, it makes it impossible for filers to put in service requests or make general complaints despite an unrealistic and unfair waiting time. It is also unfair that CSC is processing the same type of petition faster (2-3 months faster) than VSC.I feel very distressed and frustrated that a major aspect of my life is currently in the hands of a system that is being very slow, non-transparent, and inconsistent. While I do understand the difficulties of such a system, and the need to handle the needs of immigration in general, I believe that more of a priority should be placed on legal US citizens waiting to start their lives with their loved ones and are mostly separated for the duration of a process that in total currently can take up to a year.I trust you to look into this matter of my behalf and on the behalf of current and future K-1 filers so that hopefully loved ones don't have to be separated for such a long, stressful and unreasonable time. Even some military deployments don't last this long.Thank you for your time,

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

Not months behind really, when one center skips huge caseloads to approve a few later, which is what has happened in CSC. I'd look at the raw backlog numbers to get a more accurate discrepancy.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Why do CSC people ALWAYS feel a need to take over every Vermont thread and state " not months ahead" ...please tell me how many Nov and Dec filers have been approved at CSC (percentage) and then give me the VSC numbers...then we can talk about January.... :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

An e-mail my fiance just sent to the USCIS Ombudsman -

USCIS VSC Complaint

Hello, my name is ____ and I am writing this to make a complaint about the USCIS Vermont Service Center. My fiancee and I filed for our I-129F K-1 Fiancee petition in January 2013 and we are fast approaching the 5 month mark. Not long ago the Vermont Service Center posted a October 15, 2012 processing date as their current status. This means that at their posted rate it would be 7 months or more until our case is adjudicated. The K-1 Fiancee visa was originally intended to be a faster route for couples intending to marry to be together and start their lives together. Since July 2012, a significant number of filers have had to wait 6 months or more following the DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) applications for illegal immigrants. I believe that US citizens looking to start their lives with their loved ones should be placed ahead of those who are already in the country illegally.The California Service Center has reduced their processing time to 5 months on their official website and I am aware of a large number of K-1 filers from January and even February 2013 (without expedites) are seeing approvals from the CSC. Whereas Vermont Service Center still has a 7 month wait in their processing time and a backlog of 2012 petitions and seem to be processing slower than CSC. With the official time posted on VSC's website, it makes it impossible for filers to put in service requests or make general complaints despite an unrealistic and unfair waiting time. It is also unfair that CSC is processing the same type of petition faster (2-3 months faster) than VSC.I feel very distressed and frustrated that a major aspect of my life is currently in the hands of a system that is being very slow, non-transparent, and inconsistent. While I do understand the difficulties of such a system, and the need to handle the needs of immigration in general, I believe that more of a priority should be placed on legal US citizens waiting to start their lives with their loved ones and are mostly separated for the duration of a process that in total currently can take up to a year.I trust you to look into this matter of my behalf and on the behalf of current and future K-1 filers so that hopefully loved ones don't have to be separated for such a long, stressful and unreasonable time. Even some military deployments don't last this long.Thank you for your time,

I just sent a similar email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.