5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

My fiance (French) and I (American) filed on October 22, 2012 and finally received a REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE letter last week.

The RFE letter asked to provide information that we've met each other in the past two years including: photos together, passport stamps, flight itineraries, statements of history of relationship and intent to marry. This is fine, however, we have included all these previously with our initial submission and don't want to waste more time not submitting what they're looking for. Does anyone have any advice on what to include in this RFE?

Thanks!

Andrea

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

If they stated that they need these documents, then send it. Sometimes they request for things twice! rolleyes.gif God knows why. When you send photos write in the back of each one the date, place where it was taken, name of the people that appear in the photos, etc. Send EVERYTHING that proves you met each other in the past 2 years.

Good luck.

Sounds like you have an RFE for different things, not just one.

Did you include the copies of the passport entry and exit stamps together with biographic page of the passport? I was advised to include all previous evidence sent, plus to add more by a helpful second tier rep. Did you include the dates and locations on the photographs? I sent more pictures, they source was digital, so I went and had the date of taking printed on the front of everyone while editing them at the drug store. Then on the back wrote who was in them and where it was taken. Boarding passes, itineraries, anything showing the two of you together with a date stamp in the time period in question, or show you in her country and her in ours, if thats the case.

I also got a request for the history of our relationship, I gave a brief description of how and when we met, how it progressed, and about all the trips I had made and seen her in her country. Still it took two pages, we'd know each other a long time. This will help paint the picture so they understand the evidence you're sending. I actually had two trips in the two previous years, this helped tie that in to.

The letters of intent to marry must be originals, and signed by both, not copies. Redo and sign one from both of you. Some adjudicators get rather picky about them, others seem to not even notice when they're missing. Also sign in a different color ink than they are printed in. You can follow the samples in the guid to make sure you hit the important points.

Once you've gathered everything you sent before plus more, create your cover letter for the evidence, spell out exactly everything you're sending and what part of the RFE it is for. The reason for resending everything you did before, is because you have no idea if they lost or overlooked the evidence already submitted. Could be it ended up as a jumbled pile after scanning or got stuffed in someone else's file. Its kind of a mystery how they're handling things. But dump every little thing helping to prove the meeting in the previous two years. After I was done with our RFE, they didn't ask any questions of my wife or for any evidence, they just had a chat as he looked at everything already sent, because as the interviewer put it at the beginning its clear we were a real couple and met all the qualifications.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

For the sake of clarity, please post the exact wording of the RFE letter.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.