Azsara

CSC Processing times now showing at 5 months

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

The processing time on the website does matter because when you are outside of it, you can't do anything to help jump start your case. You are 100% helpless. Once they get that updated timeline, you can then file to get your case looked at.

As for your August vs July theory, that's pretty much Hogwash. I understand that VSC has slowed and they do need to pick it up, but CSC was stating July 18 for months because they weren't adjudicating any cases at all. While CSC was still stuck in July and not moving forward, VSC did move forward and got to October before CSC even moved. CSC picked up at the end of March and sped through adjudications through the month at an unprecedented pace.

I guess my whole point here is that comparing the two is a fruitless task, they operate separately and each have their up and down times. Neither one is favored more or less than the other, it's all in the timing of your case and some luck of the draw. The whole system needs to be fixed, but honestly, it's just funny how people's perspectives change through the course of things. I saw so many CSC people complaining about why VSC was moving and they weren't just a few months ago, now the tide has turned and VSC people are complaining that they aren't moving but CSC is. It's all cyclical, and if you let it, it will drive you absolutely insane.

That's not true, "weren't adjudicating cases at all" is not correct, CSC was still approving cases in the slow period they just had. It was VERY slow, but they did approve cases. Very similar to VSC now, 1-3 a day. We all know where that leads to, VSC is building a backlog that will soon outgrow anything CSC had before. CSC is now approving Feb 2013...VSC cannot even finish OCT 2012...that's a HUGE difference...

That's not true, "weren't adjudicating cases at all" is not correct, CSC was still approving cases in the slow period they just had. It was VERY slow, but they did approve cases. Very similar to VSC now, 1-3 a day. We all know where that leads to, VSC is building a backlog that will soon outgrow anything CSC had before. CSC is now approving Feb 2013...VSC cannot even finish OCT 2012...that's a HUGE difference...

Obviously the statement was hyperbole, but you are just speaking untruths. Go through the history of Igor's list for CSC, it was much more aligned to 1-3 per week at CSC. I'd see it go for DAYS without a single approval on here. The processing date for CSC didn't change on the website for 2 months.

Get this part straight, I'm NOT saying that VSC isn't being slow right now, All I'm doing is pointing out where people are being EXTREMELY misleading in their rants. You are even doing such a thing in your post. You claim VSC hasn't finished processing october then compare it to CSC as if CSC is finished with everything from last year and working on February. That's not even close to truth. Yes a handful of February and some January cases have been approved, but CSC still has cases from October/November/December to approve as well. They are still coming through every day. Nobody can explain why CSC is so dysfunctionally out of order (except the possibility that it helps them make better processing claims), but to try and pretend like CSC is 4 months ahead of VSC is utterly ridiculous. There are plenty of CSC people on this very site who would beg to differ with you.

VSC is behind and people should mount a campaign to push them back into production again, but it has absolutely nothing to do with CSC, just as VSC had absolutely nothing to do with CSC when it slowed down. They don't operate together, they work separately and are ran separately and have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

FILE FOR K-1 Adjustment of Status Removal of Conditions

January 31.2010 - Met Online April 10, 2014 - Mailed in I-485 + I-765 March 19, 2016 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

February 20, 2011 - Met in Person April 14, 2014 - Forms arrived at Chicago Lockbox March 23, 2016 - I-751 arrived at CSC

July 28, 2012 - Engaged April 17, 2014 - Acceptance email arrived stating case forwarded to NBC March 23, 2016 - NOA1 Date (received March 28)

February 5, 2013 - Mailed I-129F to Lewisville, TX April 27, 2014 - Received letter for Biometrics appointment April 20, 2016 - Biometrics scheduled (incomplete due to dry cracked skin)

February 6, 2013 - USPS Receipt/Delivered I-129F April 28, 2014 - Received Acceptance NOA1 hard copies for AOS and EAD May 13, 2016 - Walk in Biometrics Completed

February 8, 2013 - NOA1 Notice Date May 12, 2014 - Biometrics Appointment Done September 27, 2016 - ROC Approved (Checked status via website w/receipt #)

February 11, 2013 - Bank shows check cashed today May 15, 2014 - Interview Schedule Letter (received May 17, 2014) October 6, 2016 - Card Arrived

February 11, 2013 - E-Mail Notification of Case Acceptance and June 5, 2014 - Interview Scheduled at Local office 8:15 a.m.

Case Number (Routed to California Service Center) June 11, 2014 - USCIS Status updated to show Greencard in the mail

February 12, 2013 - E Mail Notification of Alien Registration Number Change w/USPS tracking showing it scheduled to arrive

February 15, 2013 - Hard Copy NOA1 received June 14, 2014

June 5, 2013 - Email notice of RFE June 13, 2014 - GreenCard arrived

June 6, 2013 - RFE postmarked

June 10, 2013 - RFE arrived in the mail

June 11, 2013 - RFE mailed back Express USPS

June 12, 2013 - RFE received @ CSC / USCIS website updated to reflect this

June 20, 2013 - I-129F Approved

June 24, 2013 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

June 28, 2013 - NVC Assigned Case Number

July 2, 2013 - NVC shipped case to London

July 9, 2013 - London Received Case File

July 13, 2013 - Packet 3 Instructions Received

July 17, 2013 - Packet 3 Forms Mailed (Except DS-2001)

July 30, 2013 - DS-2001 sent (arrived July 31)

July 30, 2013 - Medical Scheduled (and completed w/no issues)

August 5th - Medical Results Logged in

August 8th - DS-2001 Logged in

August 20, 2013 - Interview Date Set

September 17, 2013 - Interview at 8:00 a.m. (APPROVED)

Waiting for VISA...

September 25, 2013 - Visa Delivered

October 8, 2013 - POE Las Vegas, NV

October 11, 2013 - Married

October 13th - HOME

Timeline

Ok...lets all agree with this vision that CSC has a ton of 2012 to still get thru and they are very close in approval numbers as VSC. And they are not under the SAME Federal program.

Lets just toss reality out the window....

I think you should stick to the facts because the facts are bad enough as is. You seem to have a tendency to exagerate the situation, which is unnecessary.

By looking at the history on Igor's list, VSC has not had ONE day with 3 approvals or less for the entire month of May. In addition I would argue that on VJ, there are less than a dozen VSC October filers left that have not received any response (whether it be RFE or NOA2). Just glancing at Igor's list you will see that there are 51 entries left for October. Of these:

- 18 have received RFE

- 9 are no longer members

- 15 have not logged on during the month of May (which I take to mean that we will not see an updated timeline from them)

- 9 are active VJ members (meaning that they have logged in during the month of May. At least one of these has mention in posts that he received an RFE but didn't update his timeline)

Therefore, I would not expect more than 10 responses from VSC October VJ members.

Yes, it is a federal system. But this federal system has divided itself geographically. So, all of the cases that my Congressman and Senators have ever seen have gone to CSC. And all of the cases that your Congressman or Senators will ever see will go to VSC.

Both of these service centers have had their difficulties. Historically, VSC has had many more problems adjudicating I-129F petitions within a 5 month time frame than CSC has had. In fact, before the infamous July 18th date, CSC had not posted being outside of the goal timeframe for several years. (Whether they were always inside the goal or not, I don't actually know. But, they always posted monthly that they were within the goal). And historically, VSC tends to stay around the 6-8 month timeframe.

CSC has its own issues. When I filed my petition they were processing at 3-4 months. I didn't get a response until after 6 months. Less than a month later, they are processing at about 4 months again. That's frustrating to me.

I have seen posts from you that CSC transferred cases to VSC (Where did you get this idea?). I have seen you exagerating the issue many times. I understand your frustration. But I think you would get more support, from everyone, if you stick to the facts when stating your concerns. Like I said before, the facts alone are bad enough to justify the attention that needs to be brought to this issue. Having said that, and having seen your responses after others have tried to correct you, I will no longer be responding to you spreading this false information.

I hope your representatives do something before VSC lists the same processing date for 3 months straight. Because the CSC representatives did not.

Edited by jenafid

Timeline

Wow...just wow...your right...VSC is only a small amount behind CSC...its only a few days or weeks behind...nothing more....wow.....nice move entering a conversation then exiting.... kinda self serving...reminds me of something else....

Btw...another approval was added after my post...so yes...we have a huge total of four for 5/22....thanks for the clarification....

Wow...just wow...your right...VSC is only a small amount behind CSC...its only a few days or weeks behind...nothing more....wow.....nice move entering a conversation then exiting.... kinda self serving...reminds me of something else....

Btw...another approval was added after my post...so yes...we have a huge total of four for 5/22....thanks for the clarification....

Did I ever say that? Did I ever say that VSC is only a small amount behind CSC?

And having one approval after your post does not substantiate the claim the VSC approves "1-3 a day"

The point of my post was to let others know that it would be wise to look into the facts before blindly believing someone that is exagerating the situation. And to also point out to you that the situation is bad enough without the exageration. You will have a difficult time gaining support if you continue to stretch the truth, and then post immature responses when someone points out this fact.

Timeline

I wonder why you were not around posting to the huge amount of threads that the CSC people created during their slowdown...policing every fact, every number...I dont recall ANY VSC people chiming in on these numerous threads and saying "oh its not that bad"..strange that CSC was allowed to rant, but if VSC people start a few threads...the first and most vocal people are CSC people....very strange....

I didn't say "it's not that bad". I said "the situation is bad enough without the exageration"

Clearly, you are having some reading comprehension problems. Your responses are exactly what I expected based on your past responses to others that point out where you are incorrect. I will no longer respond to you.

Enjoy your journey!!!

Edited by jenafid

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I think jenafid's point was if you make statements about data you back it up with proof. I have questioned many people data about CSC in the past and will continue to do so if the data is not accurate.

Here are some numbers for you.

So far in the month of May up to the 22nd here on VJ, CSC = 201 approvals, VSC = 122 approvals. That's 16 working days. Therefore CSC is averaging 12.6 per day and VSC is averaging 7.6 per day.

Since you were comparing current VSC to CSC of the past. In the 5 months between November and March CSC had 103 approvals here on VJ. That's 20.6 per MONTH for 5 a month period.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Finland
Timeline

While that would be nice for you, I have to warn you that I don't expect this CSC pace to continue for much longer. CSC are working in absolute overdrive mode, focusing all their attention on the I-129Fs trying to catch up with the backlog that started 9 months ago. At this point, although they have infuriatingly skipped some earlier filers, the backlog is MOSTLY cleared.

It also appears they are ignoring some other petition categories, creating backlogs for OTHER people at the moment -- those people (AOS, ROC and non-family visas) are going to start complaining too, so right now I-129F holds the lucky "priority" spot but it won't last long.

I strongly suspect we will see CSC I-129F processing slow back down to more normal (6 month average) levels very soon. You can get your hopes up if you want, and of course no one knows for sure, but I suspect you will have a minimum 5 month, if not 6 month wait.

Relationship since April 2006

K-1 Visa: I-129F filed November 6, 2012, NOA2 May 17, 2013, Interview and Approval July 24, 2013

POE San Diego, September 13, 2013, Wedding October 25, 2013

AOS filed November 19, 2013, EAD/AP received January 30, 2014, interview and AOS Approval on February 27, 2014.

ROC filed December 3, 2015, NOA1 12/4/15, Biometrics 12/31/15, ROC Approval on June 16, 2016, 10-Year Green Card received June 22, 2016.

N400 filed September 14, 2023, same day acceptance and Biometric Reuse notice, Interview on 2/13/24: Passed and same day oath. ALL DONE WITH USCIS.

No RFE at any stage, thanks to VisaJourney!

Detailed Timeline Below!

Relationship:
2006 April 01: Met online, music site, 2007 February 20: Met in person, Finland, 2007 - 2012 met several times in Finland and California

K-1 Visa:
2012 November 06: Sent I-129F (NOA1 on 11/9/2012)
2013 May 14: Contacted Congressman
2013 May 17: I-129F NOA2 Approved
2013 June 03: NVC Received (NVC left 6/6/13)
2013 June 10: Consulate Received, 2013 June 13: Medical, 2013 June 25: Sent Packet 3/4
2013 July 24: Interview in Helsinki, 2013 July 27: Visa Received
2013 September 13: POE to USA, San Diego

AOS:
2013 October 22: SSN Received
2013 October 25: Wedding, San Marcos, CA
2013 November 19: AOS, AP, EAD sent (NOA 1 on 11/22/13)
2013 December 17: Biometrics, San Marcos, CA, 2013 December 24: Online status changed to Testing/Interview

2014 January 23: Interview notice mailed (for 2/27), 2014 January 24: EAD card production, AP approval (card received 1/30/2014)

2014 February 27: Interview and Approval, GC in production (card received March 6, 2014)

ROC:

2015 December 03: mailed I-751 package

2015 December 04: NOA1 extension letter, 2015 December 31: Biometrics appointment

2016 June 16: Approval - Online status changed to Document Production, mailed 6/20/16

2016 June 22: 10-Year Green Card Received, done with USCIS for a while!

N-400 Citizenship:

2023 September 14: filed N-400 online

2023 September 14: same day acceptance notice and "Biometrics Reuse" notice

2023 December 28: notice of interview scheduled for February 13, 2024

2024 February 13: naturalization interview (five-year rule) passed, same day oath - now a US Citizen and done with USCIS!

I hope they keep it up, as my NOA1 is April 8th. Maybe they will keep going in overdrive in anticipation the impending immigration reform bill, which will hit California the hardest. But like they say, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

barata-gif-3.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.