10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Thanks everyone! We were supposed to fly to California today but our visa hasn't arrived in the mail yet :( We've pushed back our flights until Tuesday pending receipt of the visa. We are unable to track it because for some reason the tracking number is not working. We talked to the consulate and it was mailed on Tuesday so ......now its just a waiting game. Blah.

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Filed: Timeline
Have you not met your fiance yet??? I am not sure I understand you. If you haven't met then yes...it will take a long time and you will probably be denied because you have to meet at least twice in 2 years and you have to have proof of it as well. No.....no problems with our case. I think it just took us so long because there was a backlog with our US Service Center.

No I didn't say we will fill visa K1 without meeting a first time.

we will in february. I don't think we need to meet twice in 2 years, once is enough ( my lawyer would have told me that) The most important ,as you said, is the proof we really met.

When i said no meeting, it was after filling K1 visa and while waiting for the visa.

You waited for 10 months to get it, that meant you didn't see you lover for 10 months.

it was long. I just asked if while these 10 months, u were able to meet your lover again.

Have you not met your fiance yet??? I am not sure I understand you. If you haven't met then yes...it will take a long time and you will probably be denied because you have to meet at least twice in 2 years and you have to have proof of it as well. No.....no problems with our case. I think it just took us so long because there was a backlog with our US Service Center.

No I didn't say we will fill visa K1 without meeting a first time.

we will in february. I don't think we need to meet twice in 2 years, once is enough ( my lawyer would have told me that) The most important ,as you said, is the proof we really met.

When i said no meeting, it was after filling K1 visa and while waiting for the visa.

You waited for 10 months to get it, that meant you didn't see you lover for 10 months.

it was long. I just asked if while these 10 months, u were able to meet your lover again.

Just a correction.....I have been with my fiance 4 times since we filed for the visa and about 12 times over the past 2 years. I am pretty sure you have to meet with your fiance TWICE before you file for the K-1 but I could be wrong on that. Hopefully your lawyer knows what he is doing and is telling you the right info. I only say so because I've heard alot of people have had trouble with lawyers in this process. I don't even think the assistant of a lawyer is needed in this case unless you have had trouble with the US before. Good luck and I hope your journey goes well :thumbs:

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Filed: Timeline
Just a correction.....I have been with my fiance 4 times since we filed for the visa and about 12 times over the past 2 years. I am pretty sure you have to meet with your fiance TWICE before you file for the K-1 but I could be wrong on that. Hopefully your lawyer knows what he is doing and is telling you the right info. I only say so because I've heard alot of people have had trouble with lawyers in this process. I don't even think the assistant of a lawyer is needed in this case unless you have had trouble with the US before. Good luck and I hope your journey goes well :thumbs:

I see, thank u for your information.

and yes I hope the lawyer knows her job :P

I will ask lawyer cause I want to be sure about steps , i don't want problems. I don't have trouble with US.

A friend got the visa k1 ( they met once before filling it) she adviced me a lawyer

when you say you were with your fiance 4 times while waiting for the visa, it was as tourist or you/he had another visa? Or may be the embassy gave the permission something like that.

If yes, so it was not a fraud visa. I wondered about that.

I see, thank u for your information.

and yes I hope the lawyer knows her job :P

I will ask lawyer cause I want to be sure about steps , i don't want problems. I don't have trouble with US.

A friend got the visa k1 ( they met once before filling it) she adviced me a lawyer

when you say you were with your fiance 4 times while waiting for the visa, it was as tourist or you/he had another visa? Or may be the embassy gave the permission something like that.

If yes, so it was not a fraud visa. I wondered about that.

No....he just visited me here in Canada the entire time and had no problems. I visited the US twice and was denied twice and just decided to be on the safe side and stay here in Canada until the K-1 process was done. There is no visa needed for him to visit me in Canada.

Lifting of Conditions

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.