MarysabelYPapito

Please help someone.. anyone!! I am my wits end with NVC!!

8 posts in this topic

Hello fellow VJ'ers! I'm in desperate need of help! I was told my ds-230 was accepted but not my marriage cert. I was told it needed to be legalized in Santo Domingo. I told hubby and he went ahead and did just that. I was just told that it was once again not accepted yet everything they asked for he did. I was told by a spanish speaking supervisor that it need to be the extensive and legalized MC from the estado civil with the codigo de barra(bar code) on the back. That it also needs to say Acta Inextensa(detailed merriage cert) de matrimonio and all that they are asking for is on there!! I am shaking with all this anger because we are doing what they are saying and still nothing? What in the world is gong on? Has this happened to anyone before? I have attached what he has sent if any questions

post-139064-0-85294000-1368730716_thumb.jpg

post-139064-0-27762100-1368730727_thumb.jpg

post-139064-0-25801300-1368730738_thumb.jpg

post-139064-0-88007200-1368730757_thumb.jpg

6vfvbq73th.png

06/30/2012- A beautiful day indeed...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ'ers! I'm in desperate need of help! I was told my ds-230 was accepted but not my marriage cert. I was told it needed to be legalized in Santo Domingo. I told hubby and he went ahead and did just that. I was just told that it was once again not accepted yet everything they asked for he did. I was told by a spanish speaking supervisor that it need to be the extensive and legalized MC from the estado civil with the codigo de barra(bar code) on the back. That it also needs to say Acta Inextensa(detailed merriage cert) de matrimonio and all that they are asking for is on there!! I am shaking with all this anger because we are doing what they are saying and still nothing? What in the world is gong on? Has this happened to anyone before? I have attached what he has sent if any questions

Wonder if they want it translated ? I noticed yours is not in english...

Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations and submitted to the NVC. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate.

Also

Marriage, Adoption, Divorce, and Death Certificates

Available. Certified copies of marriage, adoption, divorce and death certificates may be obtained by visiting the Civil Registry Office (Oficialía del Estado Civil) having jurisdiction over the area in which the marriage, divorce, adoption or death took place. Alternatively, such certificates may be obtained by writing directly to the General Directorate of Civil Registry Offices of the Republic (Dirección General de las Oficialías del Estado Civil de la República) in Santo Domingo. The address of the General Directorate is Calle Paul Harris esq. Horacio Vicioso.

Domincan civil documents used for visa purposes must be legalized at the Oficina Central del Estado Civil, the main civil registry office in Santo Domingo.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=8979

Hope this helps!

Edited by BKelly

Timeline

Thank you!!

Your welcome I did a Google search and found the info , you may want to google that and see what they accept as acceptable translator ... It seems theirs a certain format they want . Also if that dosnt do it then you might need to make an info pass appointment Im not sure about this as ive not had to go this route maybe a more experienced person can guide you through that if its needed. Good luck you guys!

Your welcome I did a Google search and found the info , you may want to google that and see what they accept as acceptable translator ... It seems theirs a certain format they want . Also if that dosnt do it then you might need to make an info pass appointment Im not sure about this as ive not had to go this route maybe a more experienced person can guide you through that if its needed. Good luck you guys!

Well i called them a little while ago and they told me it doesn't need to be translated so i dont know.

I was told that the translation was fine it's the back on the Acta De Inextensa does not say Oficina central de estado civil but where they told me where he needed to go and he went exactly there and that is what they out. I am completely confused with these people.

6vfvbq73th.png

06/30/2012- A beautiful day indeed...

Your marriage certificate looks like mine and it was accepted according to the checklist I was sent with packet 4. I sent in the original with a copy and a notarized translation just in case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.