kisstin04

Best way to proof your relationship

57 posts in this topic

Do i need to give the original receipt or just a xerox copy?

^^^ Send copies of receipts to the USCIS. Take the originals to your interview.

Note: In my opinion, front-loading a petition to the USCIS is a good idea for those who are going to interview in Manila.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I talked her in to matching tattoos....but the other advice you've gotten makes more sense.

Hi were preparing for filling petition my question is how to proof your relationship?

I talked her in to matching tattoos....but the other advice you've gotten makes more sense.

Photos...or it didn't happen!!! tongue.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Sending in proof of your relationship has no bearing whatsoever on the actual I-129f petition. They will not send RFEs for lack of proof of relationship, as this is not a requirement. So you will get approved whether or not you have the proof. With that said, the 'front loading' is for the benefit of the embassy who will receive your approved petition. Don't front-load expecting a higher approval rate on your I-129f petition because USCIS won't look at it. Front-load in order to make a stronger case for when you actually have your visa interview at the embassy.

I would suggest sending in a sampling of your relationship evidence: pictures, emails, chat logs, phone logs, etc. In my petition for my wife, my I-129f packet was less than 40 pages. We were approved in less than 3 months.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

hello everyone- i'm new here and very new to this visa process.

my fiance and i are going to be submitting our petition but i am concerned that we will not have enough proof other than photos to show that we have seen each other. we have not kept any boarding passes over the past 5 years and i am wondering if itineraries would suffice.

what else could we show that would be strong evidence of us traveling to see each other?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

For those advising 'easy peasy don't send too many pages of evidence' I want to caution that is sometimes misleading. RFE's have been issued for lack of relationship evidence.

Whatever you submit gets forwarded and seen by the consulate. Evidence you may bring later to the interview is sometimes refused, because they already made up their mind to deny you based on what they have seen or the lack thereof !
Then what leg will you stand on ?
Your 10 pages of submitted evidence ?
This is embassy specific people !

Research your regional forum and read the consulate reviews.
Front loading at the USCIS level for high fraud countries is crucial for the second phase so submit a good deal of evidence so the CO will actually see it.

Send newbies to their regionals instead of saying we got approved with 10 pages ! Stop laughing at people submitting 500 pages because they front loaded for a reason.

One size fits all is not befitting immigration.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Our final packet was 80pgs. I didn't include chat logs or letters or anything like that... I included a very very simple basic statement of how we met and when he visited. I sent a ton of pictures and pages of receipts from when he was visiting and ticket stubs and the birth certificate of our son with both of our names on it. I'd be a bit shocked if we get a RFE.

7/2010 : Met online
11/2010 : Started dating
07/2011 : Met in person
11/2011 : He visited again
02/2012 : He went home
02/2012 : We're PREGNANT
05/2012 : He surprised me with a visit
07/2012 : He went home
09/2012 : He's back
10/2012 : Our son is born!
02/2013 : He went home
03/2013 : FINALLY agreed we should get married

04/02/2013 : Filed I-129F
04/09/2013 : NOA1 (California Service Center)

04/15/2013 : A# Changed

08/09/2013 : RFE

08/14/2013 : RFE hard copy

08/15/2013 : RFE reply sent

08/19/2013 : RFE received @ CSC

08/26/2013 : NOA2

12/18/2013 : Interview at RDJ

01/31/2014 : Received passport/visa

02/14/2014 : Left for the UK

03/13/2014 : He left me

03/20/2014 : Emailed RDJ

03/24/2014 : RDJ response "Have him send the passport back to us so we can cancel the visa"

04/2014 : Found out about the "other woman" (she knew about us the whole time)

05/2014 : Filed for custody, no visitation, last name change

05/2014 : Cut off all contact. Found out I was just an easy way into the US.

06/14/2014 : Served him with custody papers. Never got a service notice back.

Nahhhh! It's not us.

I'm filthy with tattoos but she's a virgin..I'm trying to talk her in to "Made in China" ####### but she's not having it.

Thanks for giving me a good laugh today!

We included pictures from all 3 visits along with receipts from things we did together (like receipts from the tickets for the CN Tower when he visited me in Canada, plus a photo of us in the CN Tower. One visit we went to the zoo and both purchased our own tickets with credit cards, then took a photo at the zoo entrance sign and submitted that. I sent copies of my passport stamps, boarding passes, and itineraries. His was all CC receipts because they never stamped his passport when he drove past the boarder. Also proof of relationship stuff like phone call logs and cards/envelopes sent back and forth.

Really hoping this will be enough. No hotel receipts and I only had one CC receipt because he never lets me pay for stuff. Lol.

~ I am the Beneficiary ~

K1 Visa/Relationship Timeline:

Jan 3, 2012 - Met in a random Google+ hangout

May 23 - May 27, 2012 - Met in person for the first time

Nov 30 - Dec 10, 2012 - Second visit, my first trip to the US!

Apr 13 - Apr 30, 2013 - Third visit and now officially engaged

May 1st, 2013 - I-129F package sent

May 7th, 2013 - NOA1 email notice received

May 13th, 2013 - Hardcopy NOA1 received

Jun 29 - Jul 7, 2013 - Visited me in Canada for my birthday

Aug 1st, 2013 - NOA2! (Email & Text)

Dec 11th, 2013 - Interview in Montreal: APPROVED!

Dec 18th, 2013 - CEAC status changed from AP to Issued

Dec 12nd, 2013 - Email from Loomis that Visa was picked up at consulate

Dec 27th, 2013 - Visa in hand!

Dec 29th, 2013 - POE together <3

Jan 3rd, 2014 - Married!

K1 Visa total time: 241 days from mailing i-129F to visa in hand.

AOS Timeline:

Apr 26th, 2014 - I-485 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox, including EAD and AP applications

May 1st, 2014 - NOA1 received for I-485, EAD, and AP

May 27th, 2014 - Biometrics appointment

Aug 12th, 2014 - Interview & Approval

AOS total time: 109 days from mailing I-485 to approval.

ROC Timeline:

May 24th, 2016 - I-751 Package sent to CSC

May 26th, 2016 - NOA1 receipt date

June 3rd, 2016 - NOA1 received in mail

July 28th, 2016 - Biometrics letter received, appointment for Aug 12th

July 29th, 2016 - Biometrics completed after walking-in early

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

Plane tickets, recent pictures, common passport stamps if you went to a third country, etc. I have my fiancee added as an additional user on a credit card account and I have western union-ed a couple of times to her so I keep copies of those transactions. Receipt for the engagement ring, records of calls or text messages back and forth, affidavits at the bottom of the pile but still useful. Anything else you should check the guidelines. There is no "magic combination" of documents that will get past USCIS. they are all specific to your relationship but there you will find the most common.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

As someone who just got an RFE for this very reason, let me give you some advice:

- Primary evidence includes: Boarding Passes/Ticket stubs...Don't include a print out of your itinerary, I did that and they said it doesn't count.

- Primary evidence also includes: Passport stamps!! This is the easiest one, just photocopy your passport, front-to-back...that's what I did with my RFE reply.

- Primary evidence: Receipts, joint bank accounts, anything you have that shows that you and her were both in the specified country, together.

- Pictures are seen as "Secondary evidence" ... Definitely include them, but make sure they are time-stamped, with location, and a description of who is in the picture.

Hope that helps, good luck :)

Sincerely,
Ramsey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.