Queen Amethyst

Affidavits from friends?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys! I am just a bit curious because I've seen from some people here on VJ that they have affidavits in support of their relationship. Are we really required to bring those affidavits on the interview? Because I haven't seen it on the requirements. Please help. crying.gif

event.png

event.png

10/08 - I 129F Packet Sentgood.gif
10/09 - Received by USCIS Dallas Lockbox
10/10 - Check Cashed
10/11 - NOA1 (Email)kicking.gif
10/12 - Case Touched
10/16 - NOA1 (Hard Copy)dancin5hr.gif
04/26 - Case Touched
04/26 - Alien Registration Number changed

04/26 - NOA2 (Email) APPROVED! kicking.gif

05/02 - NOA2 (Hard Copy) dancin5hr.gif

05/17 - MNL Case Number

07/30 - Interview (APPROVED!!!) kicking.gifheart.gifkicking.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

They are not required. It is up to you if you want to use them in addition to other proofs of your relationship smile.png

The I-134 or Affidavit of support or a co-sponsor however is required.

good.gif

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Timeline

They are not required. It is up to you if you want to use them in addition to other proofs of your relationship smile.png

The I-134 or Affidavit of support or a co-sponsor however is required.

Yey! Thank you so much! smile.png

event.png

event.png

10/10 - Check Cashed
10/12 - Case Touched
04/26 - Case Touched

05/17 - MNL Case Number

Timeline

not really required. we sent some affidavits along with our I129F but it's not really required.

Thank you so much. I am thinking of bringing affidavits of my friends and of my fiance's friends on the interview too but I'm afraid it would cost too much because I still need to have all the affidavits notarized. Huhu.. cray5ol.gif

Edited by Queen Amethyst
event.png

event.png

10/10 - Check Cashed
10/12 - Case Touched
04/26 - Case Touched

05/17 - MNL Case Number

Timeline

Thank you so much. I am thinking of bringing affidavits of my friends and of my fiance's friends on the interview too but I'm afraid it would cost too much because I still need to have all the affidavits notarized. Huhu.. cray5ol.gif

we have the affidavits from people we know but we did not have it notarized..it just have their signatures...

Timeline

we have the affidavits from people we know but we did not have it notarized..it just have their signatures...

Really? Okay we are just going to follow what you did then. Thank you, Ann. idea9dv.gif

event.png

event.png

10/10 - Check Cashed
10/12 - Case Touched
04/26 - Case Touched

05/17 - MNL Case Number

Timeline

Wait sis, are you going to bring the affidavits on your interview also?

event.png

event.png

10/10 - Check Cashed
10/12 - Case Touched
04/26 - Case Touched

05/17 - MNL Case Number

Timeline

usually when we say affidavits, you would think of having it notarized.. but, we chose not too. bec one of the reason is ya, u know how much is the notary here in PH.. :D. but i think it's still a choice on whether u prefer to have it notarized or not.. im not sure but i think when it is notarized, the more it would look formal/official. but imagine if you have a lot? lol.

i have seen previous applicants who did the same... the didn't have the affidavits from friends notarized, but they are still approved.we don't really know if they will ask for the affidavits from friends/family but atleast we have addition to our papers showing that the important people around us are in favor of our relationship..

Wait sis, are you going to bring the affidavits on your interview also?

I might ask my other family members to write.. but those that are included in our I129F will be for sure forwarded to the embassy, so the consul will be able to see it if they review our packet before the interview..

Timeline

while preparing for our I129F before, i searched about the affidavits since i found out that some applicants mailed in some affidavits along with their I129f, there i found out that, affidavits are being used too esp when in the process of obtaining a visa.. but again, we did not have ours notarized. and the others also didn't have theirs notarized.so i guess it just really depends sis if u want to have it notarized so that it would look more official/formal.. maybe u can pick 1 from ur friends and 1 from ur fiance's friends affidavits to be notarized.but again, this is not really part of the requirements as far as i know during the interview but if u just want to include it, then i think it's just fine..

Timeline

Thank you sis. I will try to ask my fiance if he's okay with the additional affidavits in support of our relationship but if he thinks it would be hassle on our part, then we can forget about it. Hahaha. Well I'm just paranoid about the interview. Huhu.. Thank you again sis! Good luck! biggrin.png

usually when we say affidavits, you would think of having it notarized.. but, we chose not too. bec one of the reason is ya, u know how much is the notary here in PH.. biggrin.png. but i think it's still a choice on whether u prefer to have it notarized or not.. im not sure but i think when it is notarized, the more it would look formal/official. but imagine if you have a lot? lol.

i have seen previous applicants who did the same... the didn't have the affidavits from friends notarized, but they are still approved.we don't really know if they will ask for the affidavits from friends/family but atleast we have addition to our papers showing that the important people around us are in favor of our relationship..

I might ask my other family members to write.. but those that are included in our I129F will be for sure forwarded to the embassy, so the consul will be able to see it if they review our packet before the interview..

event.png

event.png

10/10 - Check Cashed
10/12 - Case Touched
04/26 - Case Touched

05/17 - MNL Case Number

Timeline

Thank you sis. I will try to ask my fiance if he's okay with the additional affidavits in support of our relationship but if he thinks it would be hassle on our part, then we can forget about it. Hahaha. Well I'm just paranoid about the interview. Huhu.. Thank you again sis! Good luck! biggrin.png

yes sis. ok good luck sa interview good.gif

Timeline

yes sis. ok good luck sa interview good.gif

Thank you so much sis! You toooo!

event.png

event.png

10/10 - Check Cashed
10/12 - Case Touched
04/26 - Case Touched

05/17 - MNL Case Number

...a co-sponsor sponsor however is required.

^^^ Fixed.

OP...It's a rare case where affidavits would be needed at a K-1 interview in Manila. However, I believe it's a good idea to bring them along in case the consular officer needs more proof of a bona fide relationship. You probably don't need to get them notarized.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.